HyperX Cloud II not enough bass?

Rob.S

I have the HyperX Cloud II Headset and I have it plugged in via the USB dongle.

Unfortunately I just don't get the same bass compared to the Apple earpods I use on my iPad 4. The audio seems pretty flat.

I have tried changing the audio to 48,000Hz in the settings but it makes a very tiny difference. 

Would appreciate some help :)

Don't use the USB dongle.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

4 minutes ago, Rob.S said:

I have the HyperX Cloud II Headset and I have it plugged in via the USB dongle.

Unfortunately I just don't get the same bass compared to the Apple earpods I use on my iPad 4. The audio seems pretty flat.

I have tried changing the audio to 48,000Hz in the settings but it makes a very tiny difference. 

Would appreciate some help :)

they dont have crazy bass the headset. did you try turning on loudness equalization or the 7.1 sim surround sound . for the 48k hz you set it to the dvd quality ?. also for apple ear buds they own beats so they probably just shoved the bass thur the roof like beats has on apple branded buds now

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

I have the HyperX Cloud II. The bass is good I guess, but if you really want to hear the bass turn the volume up on the thing.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

those usb dongles are kinda known to generally lack bass.

unsure if the cloud II's ship with them, but if you want better base, get a TRRS to dual-TRS breakout cable to connect it directly to your sound card of choice.

ehwLr.jpg

20 minutes ago, manikyath said:

those usb dongles are kinda known to generally lack bass.

unsure if the cloud II's ship with them, but if you want better base, get a TRRS to dual-TRS breakout cable to connect it directly to your sound card of choice.

ehwLr.jpg

Thanks! Thing is my pc actually has them in different areas.. And here in the UK we only get the solid plastic version of that adapter with fixed postions ugh :( many thanks for the info :D

24 minutes ago, gamerking said:

they dont have crazy bass the headset. did you try turning on loudness equalization or the 7.1 sim surround sound . for the 48k hz you set it to the dvd quality ?. also for apple ear buds they own beats so they probably just shoved the bass thur the roof like beats has on apple branded buds now

Done it all, thanks for the info. I guess I will just follow @manikyath's advice now.

4 minutes ago, Rob.S said:

Done it all, thanks for the info. I guess I will just follow @manikyath's advice now.

just make sure you get a decent splitter, i'm actually kinda disappoint in hyperx (well.. qpad, because they're the ones that made it) that they didnt include one in the box.

On 8/14/2016 at 9:34 PM, manikyath said:

just make sure you get a decent splitter, i'm actually kinda disappoint in hyperx (well.. qpad, because they're the ones that made it) that they didnt include one in the box.

all of the stuff listed on amazon has people saying that is works flawlessly and some say that it isn't wired correctly :(

On 17-8-2016 at 7:22 PM, Rob.S said:

all of the stuff listed on amazon has people saying that is works flawlessly and some say that it isn't wired correctly :(

the problem with the TRRS to 2x TRS splitters is that there's different standards (well, there's no standards, but there's only so many ways to do it.)

a clunky way to do it, but which will (with trial and error) generate the results you're looking for, is buying these:

- a female TRRS to 3x RCA adapter 

- 2x TRS to 2x RCA adapter (these should be an easy find)

plug one of the TRS to 2x RCA adapters in the sound output on your motherboard, plug the TRRS to 3xRCA in your headphones, play some audio on your computer (preferably something where you hear the difference between left and right channels, like virtual barber shop) and trial & error figure out what is the left and right audio channel, the RCA plug left over on the TRRS to 3xRCA adapter will be the microphone, which will plug into the other TRS to 2xRCA adapter, and set the microphone input to mono (if it isnt already).

On 8/17/2016 at 1:22 PM, Rob.S said:

You can actually just contact hyper X about this and they will send you a splitter free of charge! 

On 18/08/2016 at 7:57 PM, jeonjaeng said:

You can actually just contact hyper X about this and they will send you a splitter free of charge! 

how do I do that?

My problem with them is they don't seem loud enough even with it being on supposed 100% ever since i installed the new firmware update from there website it's dropping in loudness lol

1 hour ago, Rob.S said:

how do I do that?

go to the hyperX support website, i got one because the regular cable didnt work with my phone