Purchasing Insight Needed

NiteWow

Had a sudden urge to watch the newest Pokemon series and man it was a joy once you got passed Ash and his friends continually running into Team Rocket. After watching a few episodes I had a sense of nostalgia from when I once played on my Gameboy SP. I no longer have any handheld systems but I'm thinking about buying a 3DS. I was hoping someone could advise whether I should buy pre-owned or refurbished. Thanks again

4 minutes ago, NiteWow said:

Had a sudden urge to watch the newest Pokemon series and man it was a joy once you got passed Ash and his friends continually running into Team Rocket. After watching a few episodes I had a sense of nostalgia from when I once played on my Gameboy SP. I no longer have any handheld systems but I'm thinking about buying a 3DS. I was hoping someone could advise whether I should buy pre-owned or refurbished. Thanks again

i feel ya man im way to old to be watching the pokemon xyz series episodes yes i do anyways. id say buy refurb but if you can get a good deal on pre owned then go for it as long as it doesnt have any problems 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

4 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

i feel ya man im way to old to be watching the pokemon xyz series episodes yes i do anyways. id say buy refurb but if you can get a good deal on pre owned then go for it as long as it doesnt have any problems 

Thanks for the advice! I'm on XY currently, I had no idea they split up the series lol. I was also wondering if you knew if a new DS generation was announced? Not sure how long the 3DS has been around for.

grab a 2DS. It is a 3DS with no folding and runs cheaper 

Edited by GDRRiley

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

6 minutes ago, NiteWow said:

Thanks for the advice! I'm on XY currently, I had no idea they split up the series lol. I was also wondering if you knew if a new DS generation was announced? Not sure how long the 3DS has been around for.

i honestly have no idea about the games. i only watched the anime in my childhood and im still am today too lol

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, NiteWow said:

The original 3DS was released about 6 years ago.  

The latest revision, the New Nintendo 3DS (yes, that's the name, don't confuse it with other) was released about a year ago.