Are Internet Router Waves Dangerous?

Zack Brown
Go to solution Solved by Zack Brown,
11 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

If a router WAS dangerously radioactive or something, how would unplugging it after 10pm have a benefit to safety?

"What's that?"

"That's my Uranium."

"WTF!?"

"It's cool, we put it in it's lead cask from 10pm till 8am."

"Oh, cool, thank god.  Pass the chips would you?"

Well his point is that it won't affect us while we sleep so that we could have a better sleep.

@manikyath @Quinnbeast @TheSuspenceful @SamStrecker @Donut417 @Potato_King @givingtnt @wrathoftheturkey @Sauron

Thanks guys for your very helpful information. He is convinced now and would let the router be on at night :D

All the help is much appreciated.

Are internet router waves dangerous? If so then what are its symptoms?

https://www.safespaceprotection.com/emf-health-risks/emf-health-effects/wi-fi-router-dangers/

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

1 minute ago, Zack Brown said:

They're radio waves basically at a certain frequency, nothing really to harm anyone. There is a lot of say out there without much conclusive data on the matter. 

I think your more likely to die by standing by a microwave than a Wi-Fi router.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

5 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

https://www.safespaceprotection.com/emf-health-risks/emf-health-effects/wi-fi-router-dangers/

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

n

ono

-no

n

ono

nonono

nono

no

no

nono

N.O.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

6 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

its a website that promotes the selling of its own product, by putting out information that is not only wrong, but not supported by studies.

if you click on the "learn more" button in the paragraph, it leads you to their store

do not believe them. this is a cheap money making site to make you believe in stupid ideas.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

@W-L @wrathoftheturkey @givingtnt @DarkBlade2117 I agree with you and I know they're not dangerous but my dad thinks they're dangerous and he's making me turn off the router at like 10PM wich you know, sucks. How can I convince him that they're not dangerous at all?

1 minute ago, Zack Brown said:

@W-L @wrathoftheturkey @givingtnt @DarkBlade2117 I agree with you and I know they're not dangerous but my dad thinks they're dangerous and he's making me turn off the router at like 10PM wich you know, sucks. How can I convince him that they're not dangerous at all?

how old are you ?

might just be a cheap quick way of making you go to bed tbh

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Freak him out about cosmic background radiation. He'll be so busy making tinfoil hats he won't have time to worry about wifi.

no, thats a bad way of handling the situation. 

also, you can use tinfoil to rederect and concentrate the wifi waves :D

@givingtnt I'm a teenager. And no, he's not making me do this to go to bed... because my family also stays awake past 10 PM. My father sleeps at like 1 or 2 AM sometimes and during this time period he uses the WiFi, so... he's also preventing the rest of the family from using it.

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Ethernet?

?? That still requires the router/modem to be on.

14 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

This company is trying to sell BS solutions that do nothing and scare you. If wifi was a real thread to our heath, there would have probably been a big jump in cancer or other deases in about 2005 when wifi became the norm.

Also wifi and other radio waves are non-ionizing, so the most they can do is to heat you up, and a 1w wifi won't hurt you at all compared to the 10MW radio antennas.

i'll put it like this:

i straight up banned wifi access points from my bedroom with reason, but this is ridiculous.

wifi isnt "dangerous", it doesnt "boil your brain very slowly", nor will you "get cancer" as if you're sniffing burnt caramel (when caramel burns it actually produces something quite cancerous in large amounts)

however, if you notice any of these symptoms, i suggest decreasing the wifi signal, specificly in the bedroom area:

(note i'm saying decreasing, those guys who live in a farraday cage are flipping idiots)

- frequent and/or intense headaches

- trouble sleeping

- even if having slept long still feeling tired

i'm not saying that "too much wifi" will cause these symptoms, i'm saying it's from own experience certainly related for some (and not for others) and if you notice this, it's defenately a good place to start before mindlessly popping pills.

at some point in the past i basicly had all 3 of those things, as did my dad and my sister (who are both horrible sleepers already) and at the point my "sleeps like a rock" mom got issues as well i decided to do an experiment without their knowledge:

on random nights i'd switch between wifi on at night, or wifi off at night, and every morning ask if they slept well.

findings: (note: none of them knew of this experiment until long afterwards)

- strong wifi signal on during the night seems to decrease the 'rest' achieved from sleeping over time

- having wifi turned off at night seemed to be a near-instantanious fix

- letting wifi on at night again restarts the "rest decreasing" path.

my personal conclusions: i've since moved my access point to a place in the house where it does cover the bedroom, but only with 1-3 bars of reception depending on the device. since then my mom is back to her "sleeps like a rock" pattern, my dad no longer wakes up 3 times per night (once a week max ;)) and my sister also had improvements.

it's not a matter of being "bad for you", it's a matter of "being sensitive to it".

EDIT: also, those people are scammers profiting on the "stupidity" of average joe.

10 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

You buy anouther router(get a cheap one(tell him the old one broke or is too slow). Then let them plug and unplug this. Use the old router for your own wifi and make a hidden ssid so they don't know its running and then hide the old router.

YES! It is a brilliant plan by the government to track people. Create the internet, created YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and other services psychologically designed so that you are hooked to it, and created the WiFi's and cellphones, to track people. Cellphone wireless network tracks your activity, what you do on your phone, and your location. And WiFi tracks you at home, and read your minds, and brainwash people.

That is how the lizard people, who controls the US and therefore the world, as there is nothing else beside the US (hence why UFOs are only in the US). Hide their image to look humans. The satellites are inhibitors to ensure we never see the lizard people.. why do you think they are so many? They could bring them down, and upgrade.. like you can upgrade your computer, but no.. they say excuses that they can't, it costs too much, bla bla bla, but no problem spending billions on military... military to prevent any uprising.

Ok seriously now, current studies shows that it is safe. Basically, as long as you don't tape a phone on a weak signal area, around your head.. with maybe a router, and another phone for multiple years, it is safe. If it wasn't, you'll probably see a massive apocalypse of people with brain tumors and such.

12 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

@givingtnt I'm a teenager. And no, he's not making me do this to go to bed... because my family also stays awake past 10 PM. My father sleeps at like 1 or 2 AM sometimes and during this time period he uses the WiFi, so... he's also preventing the rest of the family from using it.

hm.

perhaps show him this : 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mother-tongue/11599311/Wi-Fi-is-not-harming-our-chidren-heres-the-evidence.html

or this : 

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ewh-semt/radiation/cons/wifi/faq-eng.php

I just hope you trust Canadeh.

23 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

If a router WAS dangerously radioactive or something, how would unplugging it after 10pm have a benefit to safety?

"What's that?"

"That's my Uranium."

"WTF!?"

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'll put it like this:

i straight up banned wifi access points from my bedroom with reason, but this is ridiculous.

wifi isnt "dangerous", it doesnt "boil your brain very slowly", nor will you "get cancer" as if you're sniffing burnt caramel (when caramel burns it actually produces something quite cancerous in large amounts)

however, if you notice any of these symptoms, i suggest decreasing the wifi signal, specificly in the bedroom area:

(note i'm saying decreasing, those guys who live in a farraday cage are flipping idiots)

- frequent and/or intense headaches

- trouble sleeping

- even if having slept long still feeling tired

i'm not saying that "too much wifi" will cause these symptoms, i'm saying it's from own experience certainly related for some (and not for others) and if you notice this, it's defenately a good place to start before mindlessly popping pills.

at some point in the past i basicly had all 3 of those things, as did my dad and my sister (who are both horrible sleepers already) and at the point my "sleeps like a rock" mom got issues as well i decided to do an experiment without their knowledge:

on random nights i'd switch between wifi on at night, or wifi off at night, and every morning ask if they slept well.

findings: (note: none of them knew of this experiment until long afterwards)

- strong wifi signal on during the night seems to decrease the 'rest' achieved from sleeping over time

- having wifi turned off at night seemed to be a near-instantanious fix

- letting wifi on at night again restarts the "rest decreasing" path.

my personal conclusions: i've since moved my access point to a place in the house where it does cover the bedroom, but only with 1-3 bars of reception depending on the device. since then my mom is back to her "sleeps like a rock" pattern, my dad no longer wakes up 3 times per night (once a week max ;)) and my sister also had improvements.

it's not a matter of being "bad for you", it's a matter of "being sensitive to it".

lol this is a load of bullshit.

I found no evidence to prove burning caramel can cause cancer but people are quick to label anything as a carcinogenic these days.

You need to perform this test for a much longer duration (over a year or more, many conditions can effect sleep) before you can get any conclusive evidence. Your conclusion most likely results from observational bias than actual "Electromagnetic hypersensitivity"

If wifi bothers you, you'd likely be bother by radio waves, cosmic background radiation, and even EMF from the power running through your house.

Just now, Lord_Doge said:

lol this is a load of bullshit.

I found no evidence to prove burning caramel can cause cancer but people are quick to label anything as a carcinogenic these days.

You need to perform this test for a much longer duration (over a year or more, many conditions can effect sleep) before you can get any conclusive evidence. Your conclusion most likely results from observational bias than actual "Electromagnetic hypersensitivity"

If wifi bothers you, you'd likely be bother by radio waves, cosmic background radiation, and even EMF from the power running through your house.

-insert a big fat facepalm here-

in order:

- that caramel one is actually a high school chemistry class trick. dont worry your ass, you wont do it at home so easily.

- observational bias from people that had no idea it was happening?

- nowhere did i mention a duration of this experiment.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

"What's that?"

"That's my Uranium."

"WTF!?"

because its IN YOUR SLEEP                   <@> <@>

anyways, just tell him that if he can see other people's wifi, turning his off won't change shit tbh.

turning off the radio won'T block the radiowaves.

okay lets drop some real science.

The wavelength that wifi uses is in the lower end of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum (which is what visible light is in, just as microwave and gamma ray), so it cannot hurt you in the way the higher energy waves do. its essentially the same radiation that your microwave uses, and i dont see my leftovers getting tumors (just joking, but you get the point). the only real thing that wifi can do is cause lack of sleep, and thats ONLY because you are using your device at night. We are bombarded by radiation all the time, from cosmic backround radiation to the natural sunlight. thinking that wifi will irradiate you is like thinking living near a nuclear fission plant will make you glow. the companies who tell you this stuff only want you to buy one of their products to "fix" the problem. if you see something like that, ignore it. never buy a product that claims this.

The smartest idiot you will ever find

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Science, bitch.

its what i do. my mission in this world is to edumucate people on the truths of new tech and to eat food.

The smartest idiot you will ever find

2 minutes ago, Potato_King said:

okay lets drop some real science.

The wavelength that wifi uses is in the lower end of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum (which is what visible light is in, just as microwave and gamma ray), so it cannot hurt you in the way the higher energy waves do. its essentially the same radiation that your microwave uses, and i dont see my leftovers getting tumors (just joking, but you get the point). the only real thing that wifi can do is cause lack of sleep, and thats ONLY because you are using your device at night. We are bombarded by radiation all the time, from cosmic backround radiation to the natural sunlight. thinking that wifi will irradiate you is like thinking living near a nuclear fission plant will make you glow. the companies who tell you this stuff only want you to buy one of their products to "fix" the problem. if you see something like that, ignore it. never buy a product that claims this.

the thing that turned wifi being dangerous is that a microwave does some pretty intense things to living beings, and in fact it's not quite healthy to be hit by a microwave's radiation over an extended amount of time.

so.. some idiots turned it into "wifi is boiling your brains" which... we're still all alive and talking here. :P

the sad part of these idiots is that it caused people to immediately categorize you as these people when you mention it just may not be healthy to have a wifi access point in your face while sleeping.

i'm surrounded by wifi 24/7, i'm not some tinfoil retard, i know what i'm on about.

i decided to relocate my access point to another part of the house to decrease the signal strength, and have noticed big differences in sleeping patterns (once again, not only in myself, but also in the other residents of the house)

you wont die, grow tumors, or spontaniously explode from being around wifi, but limiting the signal strength, especially in the moments your body wants rest (see wifi as sound, you dont like a guy playing drums next to your bed either.) may have a big effect on at least some parts of the population.

to reiterate, no, it wont do any permanent damage, yes, its just fine to have wifi.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm surrounded by wifi 24/7, i'm not some tinfoil retard, i know what i'm on about.

i decided to relocate my access point to another part of the house to decrease the signal strength, and have noticed big differences in sleeping patterns (once again, not only in myself, but also in the other residents of the house)

Placebo effect.

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Probably because you all used phones less tbh.

and you know anything about my family's phone usage?

(spoilers: not a whole lot.)