Build for my parents.

My parents have a computer that's over 10 years old, and for the type of work they do with it, it's at its end. Thus, I've been asked to make them a new computer, with some very minor things to be sure of. They asked for two monitor support, and a budget around $2000 USD.

From knowing my parents, the things they're going to be doing are:

1. Heavy Email and Internet use

2. Creating architectural plans, and drawings using various software

3. Light to medium gaming

4. Downloading every file anyone ever throws their way. (Not including virus's)

Some things that I think would be helpful to them:

1. Small form factor (Mini ITX)

2. On-board WiFi

3. Decent audio

From these things, this is what I picked out, opinions and suggestions appreciated :)

Parts list:

CPU: i5-4670k - Will be overclocked some. (239.99 on Newegg)

PSU: Corsair RM750 750W Gold Certified Fully Modular (129.99 on Newegg)

Mobo:  Asus Maximus VI Impact - LGA 1150 (224.99 on Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i (97.99 on Newegg)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2 x 4 gb) 1600 - Some help if this isn't a good choice would be cool. 1600 minimum, and 8 gigs minimum. (84.99 on Newegg)

Fans: Noctua NF-F12's (23.99 on Newegg (Each, # Depends on case)) - Based on Linus' recommendation.

Storage: Seagate Barracuda STBD2000101 2TB drive, 7200 RPM, Sata 6.0GB/s (99.99 on Newegg)

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB - It's Samsung for quality components, and 250gb because it's large enough for their OS, and most of their programs. (179.99 on Newegg)

Total Without Two Important Parts or fans: 1157.92

Case and GPU: Now, these are two components I'm not sure on. For the case, I was either thinking, the BitFenix Prodigy or a Lian Li PC-Q30X case. If you guys know anything against either, or something else, let me know.

For the GPU, I'm conflicted. Personally I use an AMD card for my multi-monitor set up, because I feel their solution is better. However, due to the fact that any games played on the computer wouldn't be stretched across the two screens, I'm not sure if it really matters. Sitting at just over half of my budget, there's a lot of room for a nice GPU, I'm just not sure where the sweet spot is currently. (If I went AMD, I would also have the selfish reasons of getting the free game bundle for myself, but for Nvidia, I could also one day use it for a Shield...)

Any help would be great guys, help me make this a great work station, and gaming station for my parents! :)

1. Budget & Location
Budget is $2000 USD.
2. Aim
Web browsing, Heavy Email, Downloading everything, light to medium gaming (generally light to medium light, however my father has been known to randomly play something like Crysis 3 when he's bored.)

3. Monitors
Two monitors, currently 1080p, possible upgrade in the near future. (Upgrade to somewhere around 1440p)

4. Peripherals
No Peripherals needed, going to be purchasing and running Windows 7.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Previous computer has nearly quit on them, their old computer is around 12 years old.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

maximus impact.K cpu. h100i . 750 psu for...parents ?? 

intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 - haswell i7 no integrated gpu

H87 board

seasonic G 450 psu

gtx 660/R9 270X more than enough and the rest is up to you...

How are you gonna fit the H100i in those cases? Nevermind you can fit one in a Bitfenix Prodigy.

If they can still use their old computer for work they probably don't need those expensive parts. But I think you'll be fine with a 7870 or 660. You won't need a 750w PSU for an itx build I'm sure you will be fine with the 550w PSU (Check for some good PSU's). 

The Impact is for its additives, with the form factor provided. Built in WiFi, upgraded Audio, and nice IO.

They can't use their old computer anymore, that's why they're asking me to build them a new one. It's crashing, and they don't want to be without a computer.

@morgan Freeman, good selections, but I really want an all in one liquid cooler so that I can under volt the fans, and run it much quieter with nearly the same performance on the CPU.

As for the r9, I agree. I just watched the video again that Linus posted, benchmarks well, comes in around my price idea. Thanks for the input! :D

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

There is a nice Gigabyte M-ITX board with onboard WiFi, get that. 550W PSU tops and I'd suggest a HD7950 for your GPU. I don't see a reason in getting a H100i for parents, a Hyper 212 EVO will do and handle the slight OC. You could also get that Xeon, it looks like a good option. Pair it with the cooler and board I mentioned. For case I'd suggest the Prodigy or Phenom if you want good looks, but a CM Elite 130 would be a good chassis as well.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird