Feeature Suggestion: Encourage proper Dark Theme formatting

AlTech
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

@colonel_mortis Can the editor be changed to turn formatted text non formatted so we don't have the copy paste issue?

There is both a button on the editor, and a big banner that appears at the bottom of the editor when you paste to allow you to remove the formatting. People just aren't seeing it.

There are things that I would like to change with the editor, and I have suggested them to the devs, but just like most other suggestions that they get, they have been forgotten about without being implemented, and it's not something that I am able to edit.

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

night theme is shit and IMO broken to some extent, which is why this post exists. 

How is it broken? I mean black text on it isn't totally unreadable like it would be if it were white text on the day theme.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

I agree with you

We shouldn't have to bend over to accommodate for lazy copy pasters

Now they bend over for us

i find is so hilarius that you are wrighting in white so i need to mark all the text to see it LMAO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i find is so hilarius that you are wrighting in white so i need to mark all the text to see it LMAO

Mobile doesn't have formatting so I can't do that. 

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

How is it broken? I mean black text on it isn't totally unreadable like it would be if it were white text on the day theme.

broken is just how i remember it, might be updated now but clearly everything isnt fixed yet so im not switching over again

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, wcreek said:

Mobile doesn't have formatting so I can't do that. 

really? i thought you could

Builds:

Spoiler

broken is just how i remember it, might be updated now but clearly everything isnt fixed yet so im not switching over again

Still what are you talking about?

Just now, wcreek said:

Still what are you talking about?

everything looked messed up, text had white backrounds and i dont remember that much more of it. it was a breif experience seeing as i didnt like it at all

Builds:

Spoiler

everything looked messed up, text had white backrounds and i dont remember that much more of it. it was a breif experience seeing as i didnt like it at all

This is mobile but it's the same on desktop. The white backgrounds on text could've been copypasta.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20160813-091850.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20160813-092011.png

@colonel_mortis Can the editor be changed to turn formatted text non formatted so we don't have the copy paste issue?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Dark theme master race!

Save on power consumption and avoid eye strain.

Especially with AMOLED screens where it's a bit easier for them to do black and maybe shades of black. Because white on these kinds of screens puts more ware on the pixels or something. 

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

There is both a button on the editor, and a big banner that appears at the bottom of the editor when you paste to allow you to remove the formatting. People just aren't seeing it.

There are things that I would like to change with the editor, and I have suggested them to the devs, but just like most other suggestions that they get, they have been forgotten about without being implemented, and it's not something that I am able to edit.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

So there's no way to encourage people to format correctly for Dark Theme other than reminding people to do it?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, Alexzz_ said:

what i think should be done instead is that moderators should have the ability to edit these threads to fit the night theme. also add a button to warn moderators about this.

Eh... Mods already can edit posts.... And there's even button to notify them, called Report and found on every post.

1 hour ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Next, people will be given warning points for incorrect grammar or misspelling words.

No but seriously, this is a horrible idea IMO.

Sadly warning point for grammar has also been suggested here.

1 hour ago, Weak1ings said:

This is a stupid idea, what would be easy to fix the issue is to incorporate a text color inverter, or simply make all black text WHITE rather than punishing community members for not posting their text in a format that is compatible with something many(edit - Nearly all) people don't use.

1 hour ago, AresKrieger said:

What are you a troll now :p,

I think you aren't quite getting the idea of invisible text on Night theme.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

36 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

snip

Honestly there isn't a font color not actually visible while on night theme (unless you copy from something like MS word), there is however a font color invisible for the normal theme

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I don't think you are either...

Screenshot_2016-08-14-19-36-31.png

Forum doesn't give option to select correct shade. Besides monitor contrast and brightness settings are thing. Some blue-green is the one which is practically invisible to me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/13/2016 at 10:14 AM, wcreek said:

on mobile it is :(

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

24 minutes ago, themctipers said:

on mobile it is :(

On my Galaxy S6 black text looks just fine, I mean not idea but not like if I did this for day users.

See not sure how Night theme is broken on mobile, it seems to be just about the same. Except this here text isn't visible by day theme users unless they highlight so otherwise they might think this is just me pressing enter instead of there actually being text.

Black isn't nearly as bad, It's not ideal but I can still read it. Both on my Galaxy S6 and this laptop that has some 1366x768 14" screen.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

On my Galaxy S6 black text looks just fine, I mean not idea but not like if I did this for day users.

See not sure how Night theme is broken on mobile, it seems to be just about the same. Except this here text isn't visible by day theme users unless they highlight so otherwise they might think this is just me pressing enter instead of there actually being text.

Black isn't nearly as bad, It's not idea but I can still read it. Both on my Galaxy S6 and this laptop that has some 1366x768 14" screen.

My iPhone is screaming 

image.png

image.png

image.png

edit: its really bad on my iPhone

the quoted text looks like nothing and the first image is nonexistent. Second one is bearable. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

10 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I don't think you are either...

Screenshot_2016-08-14-19-36-31.png

night_theme_invis1.jpg

Here's one that's really close of being invisible for me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv