No mans sky review

another random person

Hello again,

A while back I preordered No Man's Sky for the PC. As many people are aware today is release day for the PC after many lengthy and annoying delays. AS you do, I joined in the hype train and downloaded the game as soon as it was released only to have it give me horrible graphics and frames, from that point on many people, would assume that it was my PC that was unable to keep up, until I went into the graphics settings and discovered that the frames were capped at 30 FPS so I changed it to 60 and changed the resolution into my native monitor resolution. after applying the changed I was prompted to restart for changes to take effect, which I did so reluctantly. when I restarted the game it seemed all good, SEEMED GOOD. Until the game crashed and took my mouse pointer with it. knowing games I quickly restarted only to have it show the "Unable to initialize OpenGL window" error. now I have no choice but to reinstall the game. Disappointing, yes certainly. I hope that they will fix those issues as time goes on. when the game reinstalls and I get some good gameplay out of it I will keep this thread updated with my personal opinions and impressions on the game, but until then, all I can do is hope that this game works.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

No Man's Sky is one of the reason why I think pre-ordering games on PC should be a crime

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Glad I never got sucked into that hype train. Its badly optimized and overhyped to no-no land for its ridiculous price and repetitive gameplay.

I reinstalled the game and.... nope still the same error. I followed a youtube tutorial, did a restart and still the same damn error. refund time? I'm looking for more tutorials and I'm looking if anyone else has the same issue and whether there is a fix for it. "around 262000 players got onto no man's sky for the biggest ever steam launch" I wouldn't be surprised if 400000 players got stuck on some sort of error trying to launch it. Honestly, as of now NMS should stick to being console reserved as it probably is on the same level as those. (still trying to find a fix for the issues)

Desktop

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

It's kind of annoying how everyone has these false expectations of what the game should be, when it is not anything of those things... they weren't claiming stellar mechanics, just the explorers/adventurers experience. I understand the ridiculous day one launch stuff...and preorders, although they are much less of a problem as steam has reliable refunds now. 

read my messages in a gleeful tone. 

Just now, Realist Peter Pan said:

It's kind of annoying how everyone has these false expectations of what the game should be, when it is not anything of those things... they weren't claiming stellar mechanics, just the explorers/adventurers experience. I understand the ridiculous day one launch stuff...and preorders, although they are much less of a problem as steam has reliable refunds now. 

It's really not about the gameplay people are bitching about

It's about the optimization, honestly it's the shittiest optimized game I've ever seen on PC

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

3 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

It's really not about the gameplay people are bitching about

It's about the optimization, honestly it's the shittiest optimized game I've ever seen on PC

I say again, I understand the ridiculous day one launch stuff . My other rant is a bit unrelated, but I do get the troubles. 

read my messages in a gleeful tone. 

After a bit more research it seems I'm not the only one with the issue as there is a rather big thread on steam forums and on other sites.

Still no solution though. 

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/29/360672137535366218/

A user says "Same here, seems that we've been robbed."

I feel the same way.

Desktop

LAPTOP

10 minutes ago, another random person said:

After a bit more research it seems I'm not the only one with the issue as there is a rather big thread on steam forums and on other sites.

Still no solution though. 

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/29/360672137535366218/

A user says "Same here, seems that we've been robbed."

I feel the same way.

The stability issues are pretty wide spread, and I would look into the no man's sky subreddit to find more fixes. https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/