G900 Wireless Vs G502 Wired

Dash Lambda

Logitech bragged about the wireless on the G900, and with good reason, as it even beat out a number of wired mice in terms of reliability and precision.

... But how does it compare to the G502?

I understand why Logitech would leave their own mice out of the comparison, but I'd really like to know how it stacks up.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

G900 is a wireless, lighter g502. Same sensor. 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

the thing is that logitech kinda wants all their mice to "apply to different fields" if that makes sense.

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

Logitech bragged about the wireless on the G900, and with good reason, as it even beat out a number of wired mice in terms of reliability and precision.

... But how does it compare to the G502?

I understand why Logitech would leave their own mice out of the comparison, but I'd really like to know how it stacks up.

~1ms difference in motion latency, not as smooth due to some errors in the polling, still better than 99% of other mice available though, no difference when used wired besides a different SROM.

58 minutes ago, woll3 said:

~1ms difference in motion latency, not as smooth due to some errors in the polling, still better than 99% of other mice available though, no difference when used wired besides a different SROM.

That's the G900 you're talking about?

3 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

G900 is a wireless, lighter g502. Same sensor. 

I'm not sure you understand the question...

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

That's the G900 you're talking about?

I'm not sure you understand the question...

I do, but now you have me doubting it. g502 uses 3366 sensor which is the best on the market. G900 also uses that sensor.  That sensor is extremely reliable and accurate.
It seems maybe you are on about latency,. Not reliability and precision, which as it's a g502 but wireless, the g502 will have better latency of course, by how much is probably something you could not notice.
I was about to buy it the other day, just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on it. If my g502 dies though I will get the g900 to replace.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

9 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

I do, but now you have me doubting it. g502 uses 3366 sensor which is the best on the market. G900 also uses that sensor.  That sensor is extremely reliable and accurate.
It seems maybe you are on about latency,. Not reliability and precision, which as it's a g502 but wireless, the g502 will have better latency of course, by how much is probably something you could not notice.
I was about to buy it the other day, just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on it. If my g502 dies though I will get the g900 to replace.

I was talking specifically about the G900's wireless radio vs the G502's cable. That does mean reliability, in the form of consistency of performance, and that does mean precision, in the form of the accuracy of the data communicated. Latency is also a factor, though.

I'm well aware that they use the same sensor XP

In terms of everything else, I'd honestly pick the G502 over the G900. The G900's a great mouse, but it's not nearly as comfortable as the G502. Ambidextrous is one thing (which I dislike personally but don't mind that much in the end), but the way the main buttons make a gap where they meet the mouse... It really makes it feel like you're conforming your hand to the shape of the mouse, rather than the mouse conforming to the shape of your hand. The button placement also bugs me, the DPI cycle buttons are harder to get to and you have fewer buttons to use overall.

Your mileage may vary, but honestly, I don't think you're missing out~