the Room watercool

did everyone see the whole room water-cooling series? i watched it while i was here in work and thought... instead of all the radiators and fans mounted outside the way they were and needing the power etc why didn't Linus or one of the others (seems like something that would cross Tarens warped mind) use a standard household radiator? they have the bleed systems, stop cock to halt water supply and seems like it would have been a bit easier, and probably cheaper too in the long run

just a thought. 

would be good to hear from the Guys what they think

The whole room water cooling series is quite old, and they haven't tried anything like that since. I am guessing it didn't work out too well.

Likely the copper piping radiated most of the heat back into the room before the water reached the radiator outside. I wouldn't be surprised if there were pump/pressure/flow issues as well.

yeah, it is but id not seen it before. true the piping probably did one of the downsides of it even though it looked nice. could have benefited with a lot more mountings as the looked very loose and some insulation so that the heat wasn't left in the room. 

8 hours ago, Tydfil said:

did everyone see the whole room water-cooling series? i watched it while i was here in work and thought... instead of all the radiators and fans mounted outside the way they were and needing the power etc why didn't Linus or one of the others (seems like something that would cross Tarens warped mind) use a standard household radiator? they have the bleed systems, stop cock to halt water supply and seems like it would have been a bit easier, and probably cheaper too in the long run

just a thought. 

would be good to hear from the Guys what they think

But that would heat up the room with that kinds of radiator if you didn't move it outside not to mention most of them are steel or cast iron which would make corrosion even worst than what they had.

The whole point of their whole room watercooling series was to get the heat from the computers OUTSIDE. Hence running the radiator outside.

On 12/08/2016 at 4:53 PM, shibbs said:

The whole point of their whole room watercooling series was to get the heat from the computers OUTSIDE. Hence running the radiator outside.

i got that, what i was trying to suggest was instead of using small powered fan ones, why not use a standard household one could have mounted it outside too