Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack McCall

Boost Console Internet Speeds

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey,

So I recently purchased an Xbox One, and set it up in my 'game room'. However, the game room has incredibly shitty internet. My PC is in there and has great internet only because it has a fifty-foot Ethernet cable that runs from it directly to the router. I'm not sure why the internet is so bad, however my Xbox cannot even connect to Live, and this has made it quite irritating for me and my friends when we play.

Is there a way to boost speeds without having to buy another fifty-foot Ethernet cable? I can't move my router into the game room, because it's shared between me and the other tenants that live in this building (it's mounted in the ceiling, so four apartments can access it). I don't want to buy another Ethernet cable and have to drill another hole in the ceiling .

Any good router boosters or router extenders that you guys know of? Thanks in advance. 

Jack

I'd recommend getting a cheap gigabit Ethernet hub and connecting both your PC and XBOX to it. 

PC Part Picker Link || CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 5Ghz; MB: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400; GFX: Asus Strix 1080ti; CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass; STORAGE: 500GB Samsung 960 Pro, 250GB 850 Evo, 500GB 850 Evo, 3TB WD Red; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; MONITOR: Acer Predator X34; PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma; Razer Deathadder Chroma, Audeze Mobius

Devices || Macbook Pro 15" (2016); iPad Pro 9.7"; iPhone Xr

Audio Gear || Headphones: Audeze iSine20; Audeze LCD-X; Audeze LCD-3; Mr Speakers Ether 2; Focal Clear; B&O H5; Sony MDR-1000x; AMP/DAC: Chord Qutest; Pathos Aurium; Bryston BHA-1; Matrix Audio Element X; Benchmark AHB2; Speakers: AudioEngine A5+; Focal Aria 936

That's normal, and you have a bunch of options. Powerline or an ethernet hub would be your best bet, but you could just try a wireless extender.

PSU Tier List LTT Gender Survey

LTT's self-appointed memelord

Always up for a game of chess

See @STRMfrmXMN @Energycore or @Starelementpoke for PSU needs

See @deXxterlab97 for blue fetishes (if that's your thing)

See @ShadowTechXTS for cats

@Implosivetech's got you covered for all your graphic design needs

And lastly, never put a CX green series PSU in a high end build https://youtu.be/Oybz5Q-If9M?t=7