Sleeving: Discussion and Gallery

PBaines

How do you figure the amount of sleeving and heatshrink you need? Also, which site would be the best to order from, including by price? I'm looking for dark blue (no light colors) sleeving and could only find them on mdpc-x.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Very easily. measure length of your 24 pin. Times that number by 24. That gives you the length you need for that cable. But I always add a meter for tolerance incase I bugger one up. Do the following for the rest of your cables. Generally I get 40m per psu I do. Also when it comes to shrinks I buy pre cut. 48 shrinks required for the 24 pin, so I'll buy 60. Just for tolerance.

lutro0customs or mdpc-x will have the best quality sleeving available

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any guide video on sleeving a corsair rm series?? Much needed.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Just got my package from MDPC, and began to learn the basics of heatshrinkless sleeving (I used this guide).

These are my first 4 wires I sleeved with basic black sleeving.

What do you guys think?

(It is just a HTC One camera, sadly)

post-25811-0-93855900-1393079902_thumb.j

post-25811-0-08266000-1393079977_thumb.j

These are just test wires. I don't want to mess up the cables I want to use for my upcoming build.

For the build I'll use Copper Brown and Grand Bleu sleeving by MDPC.

Looks good?

post-25811-0-97912900-1393080260_thumb.j

Looks absolutely perfect to me, well done for a first try

But what do I do, if some pins are kind of bend to the side and I can't plug the whole connector into something anymore?

I had that problem with 2 of those 4 wires. Tried bending the pin to the correct orientation, but broke one of them doing that.