Motherboard power phase heat sink problem

I just came back from building a computer for my friend and was using the ASUS M5A97 R2.0 motherboard. When I removed the motherboard from the box, I noticed that one of the screws which held in the heat sink which covered the power phases was missing. I tried to screw another screw into it but realised that the original screw had a unique design to it so nothing else would hold it in. I decided that I would use a cable tie and I managed to tighten the heat sink over the power phases and it's fairly secure, making good connection, but I am wondering if there is any risk of anything going bad. Do the power phases get very hot which would need the heat sink to be making a very tight connection, or should I be OK with my current cable tie-down approach?

I did look at temperatures and everything seemed normal, but over a long period of time, this may change.

We would have contacted ASUS about it and asked for a replacement, but we can't be bothered to have to wait another week or so for them to deliver it, so that's why I went for my ghetto approach :P

So, are there any risks?

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

So long as you don't completely rack up the voltage on your motherboard you should be ok. As long as there is contact it will be working as a heatsink, so keep an eye on your temps and make sure they don't start spiking or anything.

So long as you don't completely rack up the voltage on your motherboard you should be ok. As long as there is contact it will be working as a heatsink, so keep an eye on your temps and make sure they don't start spiking or anything.
Ok, thanks :)

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

Probably what Dave said. Ask your friend if he will ever want to overclock in the future. If yes then I would say return the motherboard and wait a week.

I'll probably suggest using a fan rubber mount if you have one around, should do the job fanmnt9ho.jpg

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v