THE NOSTALGIA

Zoroak500
9 minutes ago, Zoroak500 said:

i played VC on the PC, it was fun, but i did what i would always do in a GTA, do anything stupid

The cheats were also a lot of fun. I remember playing GTA San Andreas on PC and you had some cheats that could be activated with some weird code (like BSKJFUSK. something random) or something specific. Like I remember the cheat for the jetpack was 'rocketman' and I could type that in pretty quickly :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

The cheats were also a lot of fun. I remember playing GTA San Andreas on PC and you had some cheats that could be activated with some weird code (like BSKJFUSK. something random) or something specific. Like I remember the cheat for the jetpack was 'rocketman' and I could type that in pretty quickly :P

the cheat code that i loved to use, THE TANK CODE.

7 minutes ago, Zoroak500 said:

the cheat code that i loved to use, THE TANK CODE.

Yesssss, the tank didn't make sense (driving into someone = they explode), but it was awesome!

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

I remember my favorite cheat was HESOYAM since i use to crash my cars all the time and seeing them damaged made my OCD flicker xD:P 

Just now, Minibois said:

Yesssss, the tank didn't make sense (driving into someone = they explode), but it was awesome!

does anything makes sense on GTA?

Just now, keNNySOC said:

I remember my favorite cheat was HESOYAM since i use to crash my cars all the time and seeing them damaged made my OCD flicker xD:P 

xD

If i am correct,the tank was barely destroyable but i remember that the only thing that can destroy it fast was if it was caught in fire and started burning

Just now, keNNySOC said:

If i am correct,the tank was barely destroyable but i remember that the only thing that can destroy it fast was if it was caught in fire and started burning

the thing was setting it on fire xD

9 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

8 minutes ago, Zoroak500 said:

does anything makes sense on GTA?

I once had a cheat activated, that made it so other cars fly into the air, once you bump into them with your car. Anyways, I was driving around, saw a nice bike, wanted said bike, drove near it with my car, accidentally bumped into it, didn't think much of it and rushed to it to sit on it and I just sat on it and couldn't do anything. I was just started to float into the air, couldn't drive or fall of the bike.. I even did the suicide cheat, but that didn't work. Anyways, at a certain point the bike just started to fall down again, I stood on the ground, my character stepped off the bike (I assumed because I pressed the button to do that earlier) and died (I assume because of the suicide cheat).

Anyways, that is probably one of the funniest glitches I have ever seen in games. 

Hands down the original Civilization. I had the Windows version. :D Ski or Die was cool too.

I once had a cheat activated, that made it so other cars fly into the air, once you bump into them with your car. Anyways, I was driving around, saw a nice bike, wanted said bike, drove near it with my car, accidentally bumped into it, didn't think much of it and rushed to it to sit on it and I just sat on it and couldn't do anything. I was just started to float into the air, couldn't drive or fall of the bike.. I even did the suicide cheat, but that didn't work. Anyways, at a certain point the bike just started to fall down again, I stood on the ground, my character stepped off the bike (I assumed because I pressed the button to do that earlier) and died (I assume because of the suicide cheat).

Anyways, that is probably one of the funniest glitches I have ever seen in games. 

What the hell, that's wierd,  but not that weird.

I remember playing NFS Carbon, and i got to a roadblock, i crashed into the middle of a cop car, i went straigth trough the cop car, and when i looked back, all cop cars on the roadblock except the one i went trough where flying.

2 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Hands down the original Civilization. I had the Windows version. :D Ski or Die was cool too.

i never played a civilization game ever on my life, i should give it a shot one day

It's a mix of three games.  Ace Combat 5, Godzilla Destroy all Monsters Melee, or Super Mario 64.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

It's a mix of three games.  Ace Combat 5, Godzilla Destroy all Monsters Melee, or Super Mario 64.

mario is a classical classic

Since a lot of people have answerd the question that i made at first, lets make another question whit the same theme, which is the modern game(or games) that give you a nostalgic feeling.

ME: Need For Speed 2015/16 brings me back to the under ground days customization wise, and to the carbon days, whit the nigth only and big variety of races

Well, let's see. Mega Man X and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past until I got an N64 and PlayStation. Then my favorites were Gran Turismo/GT2, Mega Man Legends/MML2, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. Though I originally played it several years after its release (played it in like 2001 or so), Chrono Trigger still gets the nostalgia train running for me. That music man.

I know this is the console section but I had some PC games as a kid too that I adored. Mainly MechWarrior 3 and Monster Truck Madness 2. Speaking of, I finally got MechWarrior 3 to work again. Haven't played it since like 2003 or 2004. Talk about a wave of nostalgia slamming me there. Turns out, Windows 8.1 is the key to getting a Windows 98 game working. Weird.

10 hours ago, B16CXHatch said:

Well, let's see. Mega Man X and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past until I got an N64 and PlayStation. Then my favorites were Gran Turismo/GT2, Mega Man Legends/MML2, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. Though I originally played it several years after its release (played it in like 2001 or so), Chrono Trigger still gets the nostalgia train running for me. That music man.

I know this is the console section but I had some PC games as a kid too that I adored. Mainly MechWarrior 3 and Monster Truck Madness 2. Speaking of, I finally got MechWarrior 3 to work again. Haven't played it since like 2003 or 2004. Talk about a wave of nostalgia slamming me there. Turns out, Windows 8.1 is the key to getting a Windows 98 game working. Weird.

windows 8.1 fo a windows 98 game, whaaaaaat? XDDDD

13 hours ago, Zoroak500 said:

windows 8.1 fo a windows 98 game, whaaaaaat? XDDDD

Yep. I originally thought the problem with the game was the OS. Had the same problems when running a Windows 98 VM on my old Windows 7 machine though. Turns out it's actually a speed issue. If a computer is too fast, it messes with the way the game handles physics and completely breaks it. The second mission is unbeatable due to a mission critical target just not existing (actually I think it floats off to some unreachable height or falls through the ground). For some strange reason though, Windows 8.1 forces the game to run at the correct speed. Haven't tried 10, but it straight up doesn't work right on any version of Windows prior to 8 unless it has something between a 166MHz Pentium or 800MHz Pentium III. Well at least the last thing I got it to work on before now was an 800MHz PIII (originally played it on a 233MHz Cyrix).

On 8/8/2016 at 11:45 AM, Zoroak500 said:

Since a lot of people have answerd the question that i made at first, lets make another question whit the same theme, which is the modern game(or games) that give you a nostalgic feeling.

ME: Need For Speed 2015/16 brings me back to the under ground days customization wise, and to the carbon days, whit the nigth only and big variety of races

Hmmmm. The "Tales of" games kinda brought back that feel that I originally got playing Chrono Trigger. Though really the ones I'm specifically thinking of are getting older now (Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia). Actually Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and the Shantae games gave me a super nostalgic feel too.

On 10/8/2016 at 11:49 PM, B16CXHatch said:

Yep. I originally thought the problem with the game was the OS. Had the same problems when running a Windows 98 VM on my old Windows 7 machine though. Turns out it's actually a speed issue. If a computer is too fast, it messes with the way the game handles physics and completely breaks it. The second mission is unbeatable due to a mission critical target just not existing (actually I think it floats off to some unreachable height or falls through the ground). For some strange reason though, Windows 8.1 forces the game to run at the correct speed. Haven't tried 10, but it straight up doesn't work right on any version of Windows prior to 8 unless it has something between a 166MHz Pentium or 800MHz Pentium III. Well at least the last thing I got it to work on before now was an 800MHz PIII (originally played it on a 233MHz Cyrix).

Hmmmm. The "Tales of" games kinda brought back that feel that I originally got playing Chrono Trigger. Though really the ones I'm specifically thinking of are getting older now (Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia). Actually Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and the Shantae games gave me a super nostalgic feel too.

thanks for the answer.

It's a little weird that somehow windows 8.1 forces the games to run rigth.Its like if you came to me, and you told me your Nissan GT-R (lets say it has a RB20 non-turbo charged engine) wont get to the rigth rpm before shiftin gear, but it will if you had a turbo on it, doesnt makes sence to me xD

• 2 weeks later...

As far as consoles are concerned... Oh man, the memories... Legend of Zelda OoT for the n64; Jak and Daxter, Tourismo 4, Star Wars Battlefront 2. Oh man, I loved, and still do love those games.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

On 8/20/2016 at 3:07 AM, FPS-Russia said:

0:57 to 1:06 was basically my childhood.

On ‎9‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:01 AM, Minibois said:

I know all the important GTA SA cheats

BTCDBCB - Fat cheat

Buffemeup - mussel cheat

KVGYZQK - Skinny Cheat

Hesoyam - $250,000 and full health and armour

helloladies - Max Sex appeal

baguvix - infinite health 

Fullclip - infinite ammo.

turndowntheheat - remove wanted level

turnuptheheat - raise wanted level by 2 stars

bringiton - max wanted level

chittychittybangbang - flying car cheat (ccbangbang chittychittybb for GTA 3)

rocketman - jetpack.

17 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

rocketman - jetpack.

This is the only GTA: SA PC cheat I remember. I was more of a PS2 player.

11 hours ago, Minibois said:

This is the only GTA: SA PC cheat I remember. I was more of a PS2 player.

I didn't get into cheating on the PS2 version that much, it was to hard to remember the actions so I had to use a cheat sheet.