Ultimate Compact Gaming PC 2016

I would have preferred an actual useful build. That CPU is so over-the-top, why would anyone build a gaming system with that?

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

9 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

I would have preferred an actual useful build. That CPU is so over-the-top, why would anyone build a gaming system with that?

Gimme an A4-SFX and I'll make a build log for ye! D:

(They're not available for a while now I guess since the Kickstarter ended.)

Main rig: Intel i7 6700K @ 4 Ghz with Silverstone Argon AR06 + Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, 2 x 8 GiB Corsair LPX Red @ 2.133 Mhz, MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB, Corsair SF600, Silverstone Raven RVZ02 (no window version).

For on the road: MSI GE72 2QC Apache with 16 GiB RAM upgrade.

Looking to figure out what lengths Linus used in his build in this case.

Only need 24 pin, 8 pin, and 6/8 GPU pin lengths. 

If anyone could help from LMG, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Just so I can start pre planning a build in the case mentioned.  

@nicklmg  Any help?

On 11.8.2016 at 3:00 AM, Katsunaka said:

Looking to figure out what lengths Linus used in his build in this case.

Only need 24 pin, 8 pin, and 6/8 GPU pin lengths. 

If anyone could help from LMG, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Just so I can start pre planning a build in the case mentioned.  

@nicklmg  Any help?

I can second that.

I would guess the following:
ATX 24pin: 250mm (sadly the minimum, I think 200mm would also be enough)
EPS 4+4: 250mm - 300mm depending on the location of the connector on the board

PCIE 6+2: also about 250mm?

What abput real world game performance Linus? Can you post it here? or another video will do ^_^

I thought I'd use this case (it's my first build, and I don't know much). Is this a good combination?

intel core i7 6700k
Motherboard: Asus maximus viii impact lga 1151
RAM: Corsair CMSX32GX4M2A3000C16
GPU: Asus geforce TURBO-GTX1080-8G

I'm still looking at power supply (will probably use the same as in video), ssd (U.2 drive?) and cooler (not sure which one is best and will fit).

Any suggestions are much appreciated, thank you.

2 hours ago, TheBazzer said:

I thought I'd use this case (it's my first build, and I don't know much). Is this a good combination?

intel core i7 6700k
Motherboard: Asus maximus viii impact lga 1151
RAM: Corsair CMSX32GX4M2A3000C16
GPU: Asus geforce TURBO-GTX1080-8G

I'm still looking at power supply (will probably use the same as in video), ssd (U.2 drive?) and cooler (not sure which one is best and will fit).

Any suggestions are much appreciated, thank you.

Good stuff, I got almost the same stuff and you did well picking a Blower style GPU cooler. I can also recommend the Corsair SF600, you could even run that system on the SF450 but the fan will kick in more often then on the PSU. The SF series are SFX sized instead of SFX-L and have a slightly smaller fan, but not 80mm, they have 92mm which is quiet enough. Also, the smaller PSU means you should be able to mount two 2.5" drives I believe.

Also, which CPU cooler are you planning to use?

Main rig: Intel i7 6700K @ 4 Ghz with Silverstone Argon AR06 + Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, 2 x 8 GiB Corsair LPX Red @ 2.133 Mhz, MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB, Corsair SF600, Silverstone Raven RVZ02 (no window version).

1 hour ago, Serath said:

Good stuff, I got almost the same stuff and you did well picking a Blower style GPU cooler. I can also recommend the Corsair SF600, you could even run that system on the SF450 but the fan will kick in more often then on the PSU. The SF series are SFX sized instead of SFX-L and have a slightly smaller fan, but not 80mm, they have 92mm which is quiet enough. Also, the smaller PSU means you should be able to mount two 2.5" drives I believe.

Also, which CPU cooler are you planning to use?

Thanks for that, I'm still not sure about the CPU cooler. I might go with one of the suggestions from DAN cases website, I thought I'd go with highest tdp I can find (as long as it's not extremely expensive, I don't mind spending extra).

Perhaps this one (also recommended by dan cases):

http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=177&type=overview

On 13-8-2016 at 5:25 PM, TheBazzer said:

Thanks for that, I'm still not sure about the CPU cooler. I might go with one of the suggestions from DAN cases website, I thought I'd go with highest tdp I can find (as long as it's not extremely expensive, I don't mind spending extra).

Perhaps this one (also recommended by dan cases):

http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=177&type=overview

I myself plan to get a Dynatron K129, which is 100 Watt TDP without fan and just airflow. I want to, just as Linus did, mount the Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM on it and hope it'll give a pretty decent amount of cooling, but yeah, requires some light DIYing and will have to get some wire clips in the right size.

• 2 months later...

If I use an i7 6700k or an i7 6800, would it make a huge difference? rather than an expensive xeon..

On 10/23/2016 at 0:27 PM, iDark said:

If I use an i7 6700k or an i7 6800, would it make a huge difference? rather than an expensive xeon..

Not really, as long as you have a low profile cooler that can handle the TDP at stock speeds and completely forget about overclocking...

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

• 1 month later...

I purchased all of the following parts:

Cougar Case QBX

ASRock Rack Motherboard EPC612D4I SilverStone Technology 700W

Xeon Deca-core E5-2640 v4 2.4GHz Server Processor

4 x (ynix 16GB PC4-17000 DDR4-2133MHz ECC Unbuffered CL15 260-Pin SoDimm 1.2V Dual Rank Memory Module Mfr P/N HMA82GS7MFR8N-TFT0)
NVIDIA TITAN X

Dynatron T318 1U LGA

Noctua NF-F12 PWM Cooling Fan

Noctua SSO Bearing Fan

2x Toshiba OCZ Vector 180 960GB

ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Paste

Will this build be sufficient? It's my first build. I tried looking for the ADATA RAM but could not find it even in their website! I got the Crucial instead. Also, is this processor considered good to work with the TITAN X? I will be using this PC for 3D design and rendering.

On 8/10/2016 at 11:46 AM, yourboyvic said:

where does one buy the RAM kit in this build?

AD4B213316G15-BSSB

taken from the asrock rack site/documentation

can't seem to be found any where in the public market

any ideas?

google  AD4B2133316G15-B available in memory4less.com

• 2 weeks later...

ASRock Rack Motherboard EPC612D4I

SilverStone Technology 700W

4 x (ynix 16GB PC4-17000 DDR4-2133MHz ECC Unbuffered CL15 260-Pin SoDimm 1.2V Dual Rank Memory Module Mfr P/N HMA82GS7MFR8N-TFT0)

NVIDIA TITAN X

My main concern, how do I manage to get Windows 10 installed in this system as in the video??? Please help me! The Asrock motherboard does not support windows 10!!!

53 minutes ago, Abdullah Azhari said:

ASRock Rack Motherboard EPC612D4I

SilverStone Technology 700W

NVIDIA TITAN X

My main concern, how do I manage to get Windows 10 installed in this system as in the video??? Please help me! The Asrock motherboard does not support windows 10!!!

It should support Windows 10...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SideSwiped said:

This thread is a joke. Simple questions and requests go unanswered. Let me save people time, just go to Hardforum with your questions.

This isn't the place to asks questions on whether your pc hardware is compatible or not, there are sub forums specifically for that 

hey, first time poster here. I too am building a dan cases a4-sfx build...

question- which GTX 1080 will provide the best cooling? Two fan / gigabyte 1080 or something more like the founders edition with blower out the back? struggling to find a good answer on this one. 

thanks!

• 1 month later...

If I miss this somewhere I apologize. I was curious is there a link to the motherboard that was used on Amazon or the memory? Only reason I ask is if I find it interesting and I'd like to research this motherboard. 

On 3/23/2017 at 9:31 AM, AliceSML79 said:

If I miss this somewhere I apologize. I was curious is there a link to the motherboard that was used on Amazon or the memory? Only reason I ask is if I find it interesting and I'd like to research this motherboard. 

ASRock EPC612D4I Mini ITX LGA2011-3 Narrow Motherboard

http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPC612D4I

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tfp8yf

• 1 month later...