Dynamic Disks - Will an OS reinstall convert them back to Basic Disks???

Euphoria
Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,

you have to format :/

in the windows install

shift+f10

diskpart

list disk

select disk #

clean

convertbasic

however I did get it to work once by using easus from a different windows install on a different drive and then rebuilding the bcd

I need a little help with this please. I'm just about to update to Windows 10 now it supports some apps I use, so I decided to sort and rearrange my drives before doing the update. Shrinking some partitions and extending others, but in doing that, the drives converted to Dynamic.

So my question is, will a fresh OS install auto convert them from Dynamic back to Basic, or do I need to essentially backup everything and format the drives to put them back to basic???

Appreciate any info on this please.

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

you have to format :/

in the windows install

shift+f10

diskpart

list disk

select disk #

clean

convertbasic

however I did get it to work once by using easus from a different windows install on a different drive and then rebuilding the bcd

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

That's what I thought and was dreading :S

Ok never mind, thanks for the info keemo, appreciate it.

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs