1080p component cables?

Go to solution Solved by Stagea,
4 hours ago, littlepigboy5 said:

i know the difference, my question is simply why do some component cables say they only support 1080i?  I know my device support 1080p via component, but the cable doesn't say it supports it.

The same cables support 1080p if the connected devices support it. The only reason they advertise upto 1080i is because CEA-770.3-E only defined 720p and 1080i. Support for 1080p and beyond using Component is done outside of the published CEA/CTA spec.

Check the quoted bandwidth of the cable if you are in doubt.  Good quality cables would be needed for longer runs.

I need some component cables to hook up my cable box to my tv, but every set of cables I am seeing says they support up to 1080i, not 1080p.  My tv is 55 inches, so I would be able to discern 1080p from 1080i.  I have several sources saying that component is capable of handling 1080p, so where can I find some cables that support it?

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

3 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

I need some component cables to hook up my cable box to my tv, but every set of cables I am seeing says they support up to 1080i, not 1080p.  My tv is 55 inches, so I would be able to discern 1080p from 1080i.  I have several sources saying that component is capable of handling 1080p, so where can I find some cables that support it?

Some devices that can output 1080p through component so it's possible but always best to go with a digital signal, as for the difference between 1080i and 1080p this describes it very well but it's basically a scan of two separate pictures combined to create one whole image, it can cause some tearing so it's not exactly ideal:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/1080p-vs-1080i-whats-the-difference/

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Some devices that can output 1080p through component so it's possible but always best to go with a digital signal, as for the difference between 1080i and 1080p this describes it very well but it's basically a scan of two separate pictures combined to create one whole image, it can cause some tearing so it's not exactly ideal:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/1080p-vs-1080i-whats-the-difference/

i know the difference, my question is simply why do some component cables say they only support 1080i?  I know my device support 1080p via component, but the cable doesn't say it supports it.

3 hours ago, littlepigboy5 said:

Some cables may not be able to carry the 1080p signal as it's at a higher frequency and bitrate than 1080i but that being said both the component connectors on the devices must be capable of accepting 1080p, if one is only capable of 1080i or 720p then it will be a limiting factor.

4 hours ago, littlepigboy5 said:

The same cables support 1080p if the connected devices support it. The only reason they advertise upto 1080i is because CEA-770.3-E only defined 720p and 1080i. Support for 1080p and beyond using Component is done outside of the published CEA/CTA spec.

Check the quoted bandwidth of the cable if you are in doubt.  Good quality cables would be needed for longer runs.

35 minutes ago, Stagea said:

thanks for the help