Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

yeah but everyone in this thread obviously has the problem hence why we dont NEED to post images through our phones, in game screenshots are better because you can see EXACTLY what we see. in my posts above it doesnt look much different but you can clearly see the difference between the two day time images. If you look at the image fullscreen and zoom in you can see the pole on the right in the first pic is scuffed by jaggies however in the second image there are little to no jaggies, i think the only legit fix for now is using NVIDIA inspector to fix it on a game to game basis But idk i could be wrong and it couldve just fixed my issue. Anyhow if anyone needs help with the NVIDIA Inspector or anything Hit me up on here or Discord - Doughnut#9796

8x MSAA will somewhat improve the issue, we already know this, but its not a solution. My games looked great even at 2x MSAA and now i need 8x to make them look sort of okay, with half the framerate. That is the problem.

d0L_0b you keep forgetting that this problem happens with or without antialiasing activated. Using antialiasing only makes things worst in some cases. In other cases, it helps, but then you have shimmering coming from the antialiasing... People keep talking like if this problem is AA related when obviously its not.

Btw, nvidia inspector doesnt work anymore (neither most of the nvidia control panel options)..... and if it does, only a few people had the luck to make it work.

I recently built a new pc, and this problem never bothered that much until now, i almost cant play any game. American truck simulator and euro truck simulator are almost unplayable because of shimmering, jagged shadows, and the impossibility to use any kind of antialiasing except FXAA... and nvidia inspector to force TAA doesnt work anymore, and i am not in the lucky ones bag. Shadow of the tomb raider is fairly decent, as long as you dont look at some shadows emitted from closer objects.. like the weapons on your back.... terrible, like if i was playing a videogame from 1990. Assasin's creed... shimmering and weird shadow issues all over the place....

I mean, they pretend us to spend so much money on expensive videocards, and then we cant even play properly? its ridiculous.

I keep revisiting this thread every now and then to see if someone actually has some valuable and veridic info about this problem, but im afraid that if companies like nvidia are making deaf ears to it, we could be living the last years of the videogaming industry at this rate...

Sorry guys but im really pissed. I see how companies keep abusing from customers and now apparently they reduced manufacturing costs (this problem goes back to 2013 or even before) to gain more money giving us cheaper products or whatever. So they can keep raising the prices of their products when those products are even worst quality than 4 years ago.

I really hope we have good news soon, in the meantime, the list of games that are still playable keeps getting shorter by the minute.

Sigh i miss so much the times of 2012-2013 when i could even play without antialiasing at all, and the game will look fairly decent and completely free of shimmering and broken shadows.

Dude i know this isnt just aliasing but i have found as i said before A TEMPORARY FIX. A fix that wont eliminate the problem but definitely help it.

FXAA works on every single game, because it is just a shader. Probably you didnt know how to make it work. You can even use reshade to apply a FXAA filter. Problem is, it is a bad antialiasing method because as other cheap ones, what it does is to blurry the pixels, it doesnt apply an actual antialias algorithm. And again, we already know, after many many pages how to aliviate a little bit the problem, you didnt told us anything new, that "solution" you proposed was already mentioned pages and pages ago. At this point, we need a solution , not a "camuflage". Because in many games, the problem will be still too noticeable no matter what you do.

And again, nvidia inspector did stop working time ago, maybe you are so lucky it still works for you and DX11, but for the majority , it doesnt, unfortunately. But again, people dont care about antialiasing as long as the problem is still there even without it. Also remember that it is not only the shimmering, we have also jagged shadows for no reason or with terrible resolution,lod problems, flickering.... i wisht it was only the shimmering on the edges. At least we could rely on other things to aliviate the immersion.

This is how No Man's Sky looks with AA disabled.

WTF these jaggies are trying to do here? Camera isn't moving, so jagged edges should stand still too. But no, they... "convulsing", lol.

4 hours ago, Asasinas said:

WTF these jaggies are trying to do here? Camera isn't moving, so jagged edges should stand still too. But no, they... "convulsing", lol.

The  camera never stops moving in that game.  Its always bobbing around slightly, which is why the aliasing "crawls" like that.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:56 AM, Asasinas said:

That's pretty disgusting. I think if you are a victim of this issue it look worse with AA disabled than if you are not a victim of this issue. Even if we ignore AA issues which is very hard to do so, there are other symptoms like Low LOD, Invisible Bubble near character, everything seems pixelated in distance, bad picture quality in OS and Bios logo etc. I don't know why Nvidia/AMD/Intel keeping quite on this issue.

MeeSeeks try the nvidia inspector thingy dude

ill help you out if need be.

Guys sorry I have a simple question, have any of you sold any hardware of your pc successfully? I'm thinking in selling my cpu and ram but I don't want like spread this problem to the person that i'm selling it to so i'm not really sure about it

Unless you can use TAA from nvidia inspector, and actually seeing results in-game (because nvidia inspector doesnt work 99% of the times right now), nothing you try there will improve the situation. Nothing at all.

twistos1, this problem has nothing to do with hardware, or whatever. Happens in every single combination of parts, you can buy 20 different computers and the problem will be still there. Did you even read all the previous post at least this? this goes back YEARS.

Also i noticed now that you are talking about DX 10... wtf. Dude, as i said, inspector doesnt work with dx11 anymore. Most games runs on dx11 already and most of the games dont have the option to downgrade the dx version below 11 lol. Seriously...

13 hours ago, d0L_0b said:

MeeSeeks try the nvidia inspector thingy dude

ill help you out if need be.

8x MSAA is just making your GPU to work harder to fix something that's not supposed to be there in the first place. With 8x MSAA(or similar settings) you are losing a lot of performance(fps) to fix something that's not supposed to be there. It's a band aid. We should avoid calling it a fix. I know at this point we all are desperate but believe me anything software related can never help us because it's not software that caused this issue in the first place.

5 hours ago, twistos1 said:

Guys sorry I have a simple question, have any of you sold any hardware of your pc successfully? I'm thinking in selling my cpu and ram but I don't want like spread this problem to the person that i'm selling it to so i'm not really sure about it

The only reason why i am not selling my PC is because i don't want anyone else to experience it. Although i don't think that it will spread to other devices unless there is the same issue in power or environment where the new owner live at. But buying new hardware while living at the same house/city is a bad idea. People have bought new hardware before and some got this issue immediately, others got it after a week or two.

the performance hit isnt noticable if you actually try it out yourself you will notice that, as i said originally it was a temporary fix and it might not work for you and the example i used was Grand theft auto 5, with the ingame settings i notice that the jaggies are there with or without antialiasing on, it doesnt seem to make a difference, along with nvidia control panel it doesnt affect the in game look. The only thing that worked for me was using the nvidia inspector, obviously its not going to work for everyone and it might cause a performance hit but if you are bothered about a performance hit then you might as well just deal with the jaggies becasue as of right now, unless you can offer an alternative solution the nvidia inspector is the only thing that fixed it. I reckon if it works for GTAV then i dont see why it wont work for other games.

13 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

because it's not software that caused this issue in the first place.

Erm.. thats the whole point, we dont have a clue if it is software related or not. In any case, im pretty sure microsoft and nvidia need to work together to figure something out. The graphic quality of all games has decreased so much in 5 years because of these problems, that is completely ridiculous. And they complain about piracy.. dont make me laugh.

The problem that I have collected the new system today was more

This affects to all cpus / chipsets, so no, its not an amd thing. Again, did you read the million previous posts?

1 hour ago, tantalus said:

This affects to all cpus / chipsets, so no, its not an amd thing. Again, did you read the million previous posts?

Still, we shouln't disregard valueable information, a registry issue seems very plausable in my opinion, i dont know how and why it would change automatically though.

In the meantime keep posting and asking people its the only way to get some more attention to this.

If it was a registry issue, then a Windows reinstall would fix it.

38 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

If it was a registry issue, then a Windows reinstall would fix it.

Not necessarly, i mean afterall it would make the most sense. Could be its just a faulty installation, i honestly dont know what else it can be its most likely not electricity or interference either.

This is the biggest pcs mystery of all the times... I just can't believe no one on all of forums that I have checked found the CASE of it. We don't even know what's causing it. In the beginning of quantum computers lol. This is depressing, I am trying so hard to solve it because games are like unplayable because of it. I can't focus on the game because elements are flickering.

I really thought that it could be problem with power, like the graphic card isn't receiving correct(enough?) power to show the right resolution. But seems a lot of people also changed power source, used USP or stabilizer and it didn't fix the problem.

The only possible cause in my eyes, after all those suggestions is monitor/tv. LEDs are shit if it comes to the quality(no mather what budget).

I have played counter-strike 1.6 on CRT monitor and I have never noticed jagging with it. On my new PC(all hardware components + monitor) jaggies are visible with 2K resolution ...

I changed 3 monitors because I hated their picture quality(first iiama 144hz, then benq 2411p - monitor designed to play CS:GO, and now I have 2K  resolution Acer 165hz).

I was changing because of juddering(when I move camera to the sides everything is blurry, also "star wars" end titles were laggy etc.). But changing monitor didn't help. However I got used to juddering, I can't get use to jaggies, they are just too disturbing because everything blinds you with this flickering and you can't focus on the game.Also stuttering when screen is constantly moving when watching scenes in games and movies(youtube also).

So I really think it's problem related with view source(monitors, tvs, phone screens etc) which are shit quality nowadays.

I will need to get some CRT with high resolution to test it.

I also got one more idea up in my mind. Maybe it's cable related? Like DVI from CRT was good enough to not cause jaggies? Maybe just DP sucks? But if so then why some of the phones have this problem.

7 hours ago, Cypek said:

This is the biggest pcs mystery of all the times... I just can't believe no one on all of forums that I have checked found the CASE of it. We don't even know what's causing it. In the beginning of quantum computers lol. This is depressing, I am trying so hard to solve it because games are like unplayable because of it. I can't focus on the game because elements are flickering.

I really thought that it could be problem with power, like the graphic card isn't receiving correct(enough?) power to show the right resolution. But seems a lot of people also changed power source, used USP or stabilizer and it didn't fix the problem.

The only possible cause in my eyes, after all those suggestions is monitor/tv. LEDs are shit if it comes to the quality(no mather what budget).

I have played counter-strike 1.6 on CRT monitor and I have never noticed jagging with it. On my new PC(all hardware components + monitor) jaggies are visible with 2K resolution ...

I changed 3 monitors because I hated their picture quality(first iiama 144hz, then benq 2411p - monitor designed to play CS:GO, and now I have 2K  resolution Acer 165hz).

I was changing because of juddering(when I move camera to the sides everything is blurry, also "star wars" end titles were laggy etc.). But changing monitor didn't help. However I got used to juddering, I can't get use to jaggies, they are just too disturbing because everything blinds you with this flickering and you can't focus on the game.Also stuttering when screen is constantly moving when watching scenes in games and movies(youtube also).

So I really think it's problem related with view source(monitors, tvs, phone screens etc) which are shit quality nowadays.

I will need to get some CRT with high resolution to test it.

I also got one more idea up in my mind. Maybe it's cable related? Like DVI from CRT was good enough to not cause jaggies? Maybe just DP sucks? But if so then why some of the phones have this problem.

How can it be cable related when you got it on TVs, Smartphones and Notebooks.

2 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

How can it be cable related when you got it on TVs, Smartphones and Notebooks.

Thats why i think this is problem related with screens.

1 hour ago, Cypek said:

Thats why i think this is problem related with screens.

Unlikely aswell, but go ahead if you want to try it.