Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KenjiD5

Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

* thread unlocked *

Next time I have to clean this thread, it will stay locked.

Behave yourselves, or face the consequences.

2 minutes ago, Asasinas said:

MFAA? I always kept this off in NVCP. For me, it doesn't matter if I set everything in game low or high, flickering stays no matter what.

I know i told him that aswell. I think we are at a point where its faster to learn coding in windows and engines to fix this.... atleast that would make a good job application.

Edit:

We could start writing PMs to big youtubers maybe talk to a mod here maybe he can talk to the linustechtips team.

6 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

From an very early post maybe we should get into those stuff again and try to fix this finally?

Well, we already did everything what was told in that early post. We tried higher resolutions. I personally tried DSR, different monitors and 4K TV, different settings on them, different cables, but it has zero effect on flickering. We need a clever person to suggest something NEW, something what we haven't tried already.

Just now, Asasinas said:

Well, we already did everything what was told in that early post. We tried higher resolutions. I personally tried DSR, different monitors and 4K TV, different settings on them, different cables, but it has zero effect on flickering. We need a clever person to suggest something NEW, something what we haven't tried already.

Well i know for sure DSR can make a difference but as in the post i dug out mentioned higher resolution will only get us to a certain point and will never be a fix.

What we need to do is get some people over here that might help us.

This is the Problem --> For all the new people

Feel free to repost/edit this if necessary

The Problem:

It is probably the most annoying and persistent bug i ever had, it looks like a case of bad flickering on edges and transparent things (fences, windows, leaves and plants), it happens in all games for many even on youtube videos and for some on the Desktop, Bios Logo etc.

Its strength is different for each Game some are barely playable anymore others only have a few locations where its noticeable.

There is definitly a connection to Anti Aliasing and Shadows since turning off Shadows can greatly reduce this, advanced AA Settings like MSAA can even improve this significantly but there is a huge performance loss and its not applicable in all Games.

In General its like AA is only working partily, in close aproximity to the player character everything looks fine besides weapon models, also noticeable is that for example a very detailed mesh is more inclined to have it.

There are also reported cases of low draw distance etc. you can read it up in the posted links.

How it happend:

In this regard all cases are similar it happend overnight and for many on all devices, this includes not connected devices like smartphones and notebooks, taking your smartphone to a different location doesn't work either buying new devices or components only worked in very few cases most of em not even confirmed.

Known devices with this issue: Desktop PCs, Notebooks, Consoles (PS4 and Xbox one), Smartphones, TVs and Monitors

Is it Hardware related?

At this point and after over a month of research testing and troubleshooting i think its safe to assume that its not hardware related nothing suggests this.

What has been tried yet?

Tried by myself (and others):

• Full OS reinstall with CMOS clean

• Reinstall drivers

• Checking cables and monitors

• Checking router and other peripherals

• Test devices at different locations

• Driver rollback (with DDU aswell)

• Testing all Hardware components (didnt do that myself since i lack the necessary equipment)

• Switching GPU, PSU and other parts

• Playing arround with Nvidia System Control and Inspector

I will add to this list if there are any more suggestions or solution approaches.

You are just Imagining this!!

No we are not and quite frankly i am annoyed by those comments by now, this is very real and prevents many from enjoying there freetime, but nevertheless i understand why many people think this, since it was observed by a few people me included, that this problem is only visible if you have it or it is filmed with a camera ofscreen, i might post a few examples since youtube really lacks that kind of footage.

Its just Aliasing, buy a 4k monitor or use DSR!!

Well here we go again aren't we? (>_>) i can assure you after thorough testing and research its not normal AA behaviour, some people followed this advice though and only had maginal improvements, besides the fact that those measures where not necessary beforehand.

In terms of DSR and other options they work but only very limited, i only had success with ingame MSAA/DSR and that was performance heavy while only masking the issue.

Like we talked previously, we need to to offer a prize to a person who solves the problem. I think that's the only way to attract new and clever people to help us out. We also need to spread the word about the reward, for example, maybe linus could help with that,

I just simply don't know what to do anymore. My head is empty. There is nothing more to try. Like I said previously, I've already reached end of the line.

20 minutes ago, Asasinas said:

Like we talked previously, we need to to offer a prize to a person who solves the problem. I think that's the only way to attract new and clever people to help us out. We also need to spread the word about the reward, for example, maybe linus could help with that,

How would you go about that? I mean we can ofcourse collectivly pay a software engineer to fix this but thats expensive as fuck. xD

I mean if you ask me a clean streamlined thread would be a good start then try get people onboard, give the issue a defining name add video proof to the official new thread so no one can tell us its bullshit.

I want to talk that through with all you guys though since it would kind of be a group project to get this fixed.

Edit: I think even a own subreddit dedicated to unsolvable bugs wouldnt be out of the question.

Same problem + low draw distance in Rising Storm 2, Squad, Minecraft, Red Orchestra 2 and many other games. I had similar problem with my last computer and here we go again. Every part is brand new and I have this computer for about 3 weeks.

Win 10 home, Ryzen 5 2600, RX570 8GB, Gigabyte B450M S2H, Thermaltake Smart BX1 550W

(ultra settings)

Bez tytułu.png

4 hours ago, Asasinas said:

I continue to believe that there must be a solution. There must be someone smart enough to figure this out.

Regarding the DSR - it is pretty much a band-aid. It only minimizes and hides the problem, but it is definitely still there. Games looked better at 1440 without the problem then they do at 4K with the problem.

4 hours ago, testozyd said:

Same problem + low draw distance in Rising Storm 2, Squad, Minecraft, Red Orchestra 2 and many other games. I had similar problem with my last computer and here we go again. Every part is brand new and I have this computer for about 3 weeks.

Win 10 home, Ryzen 5 2600, RX570 8GB, Gigabyte B450M S2H, Thermaltake Smart BX1 550W

(ultra settings)

Bez tytułu.png

Try posting a video - most of the aliasing issues only show up when there is motion on the screen.

These Shimmering Edges and Jaggies are doing my nut in, legit, try to ignore it when playing games i love but its always there, why cant NVIDIA or AMD just investigate this shiet.

18 hours ago, lobolaw1984 said:

I continue to believe that there must be a solution. There must be someone smart enough to figure this out.

Regarding the DSR - it is pretty much a band-aid. It only minimizes and hides the problem, but it is definitely still there. Games looked better at 1440 without the problem then they do at 4K with the problem.

Please talk to people, we wont find ever a solution by sitting in this thread and telling each other how stupid this is.

Make new threads in various forums, explain the issue capture videos and show them to people, anything might catch the attention of some smart person that knows whats going on.

Hello, a while back I said I would make a thread regarding my issue, decided that it would be a waste, even an IT guy couldn't help me, told me to try another monitor (again?; I changed 5 already). So, not sure what anyone can tell me to try that I didn't already. Its over for me, I'm dead inside...I hope you guys can find a solution to this one day. Signing off, RIP me...x_X

3 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

Its difficult to see something here.
Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVV4S8hWRgg

Seems there is no AA at all. That's how my games look with FXAA/SMAA enabled. It feels like that these methods just stopped working, while TAA produces extreme static flickering.

To summarise, this is how it was before the problem:

No AA: minimal to average jaggies, no flickering and shimmering

FXAA: minimal jaggies, no flickering and shimmering

SMAA: minimal jaggies, no flickering and shimmering

TAA: minimal or even no jaggies at all, no flickering and shimmering

And this is how it is now:

No AA: VERY EXTREME jaggies, flickering and shimmering while moving

FXAA: EXTREME jaggies, flickering and shimmering while moving

SMAA: EXTREME jaggies, flickering and shimmering while moving

TAA: minimal or even no jaggies at all, but there is a bad static flickering and shimmering of surfaces, doesn't matter if you are moving or not (again, my video of No Man's Sky is good example of it)

at last zotac guy said ''Please return your faulty product for warranty handling.''  should i send to warranty ? or it is not a hardware issue to you guys ? what do you guys think about that

I can not believe that this forum is almost 96 pages long like, are you fucking serious let me say real quick I had this problem on my newly built computer, it was a GTX FTW3 ROG 2080TI, I9-9900k 5ghz, 1TB SSD Samsung EVO 970, ASUS STRIX ROG Z390 GAMING-E, 16GB 4800MHZ Trident Gskill RAM,  and No one had any idea how to fix it, I have looked for hours on end on this topic through Nvidia forums, this forum, Toms hardware, Youtube, fucks sake even the damn Steam community. Always the same thing, hardware issue, Make sure to turn on AA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, oh you must just not know that you have to turn your graphics settings up, Bad game textures, Etc. Even now I am on my alienware gaming laptop with a 1070 and 8GB RAM 1TB SSD I7-87k, Same issue I have literally tried everything, I almost feel like if Im cursed the only fucking game that This doesn't happen in is League of Legends, So I guess I beat some fucking shaman in a ranked game of LoL and he cursed me to forever play with this shit, "You shall never play a good game again (Shaman Noises) League Will Be the only game you are allowed to play". Like I cant express my anger I legit just spent 5000$ getting my New PC built for this to happen, and even now Im on a inferior hardware wise laptop and still.... I cant even play the games Ive been wanting to play for basically forever now. Much Fun Very Cool Kanye 10/10 Would not recommend. 

1 hour ago, hawksaibot said:

I can not believe that this forum is almost 96 pages long like, are you fucking serious let me say real quick I had this problem on my newly built computer, it was a GTX FTW3 ROG 2080TI, I9-9900k 5ghz, 1TB SSD Samsung EVO 970, ASUS STRIX ROG Z390 GAMING-E, 16GB 4800MHZ Trident Gskill RAM,  and No one had any idea how to fix it, I have looked for hours on end on this topic through Nvidia forums, this forum, Toms hardware, Youtube, fucks sake even the damn Steam community. Always the same thing, hardware issue, Make sure to turn on AA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, oh you must just not know that you have to turn your graphics settings up, Bad game textures, Etc. Even now I am on my alienware gaming laptop with a 1070 and 8GB RAM 1TB SSD I7-87k, Same issue I have literally tried everything, I almost feel like if Im cursed the only fucking game that This doesn't happen in is League of Legends, So I guess I beat some fucking shaman in a ranked game of LoL and he cursed me to forever play with this shit, "You shall never play a good game again (Shaman Noises) League Will Be the only game you are allowed to play". Like I cant express my anger I legit just spent 5000$ getting my New PC built for this to happen, and even now Im on a inferior hardware wise laptop and still.... I cant even play the games Ive been wanting to play for basically forever now. Much Fun Very Cool Kanye 10/10 Would not recommend. 

can you try for me lol teamfight tactics ? i didn't realise in normal lol game but i have this issue in tft

its probably there in regular league as well My brain has been melted from dealing with this I have lost so many hours of sleep over countless weeks of trying to figure this out.