Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KenjiD5

Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

* thread unlocked *

 

Next time I have to clean this thread, it will stay locked.

 

Behave yourselves, or face the consequences.

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

For me it seems to be PC related only,  If you feel the need to put words in my mouth and or tell me what I see in games I guess there is no need for me to post another thing,  you can do it for me...

Sorry didnt mean to offend you .

If possible please test more games on xbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darksquall said:

Sorry didnt mean to offend you .

If possible please test more games on xbox.

I’ll do just that.  I also think some games looked better downstairs than upstairs,  I’ll have to reconfirm that..  I’ll download a bunch of gamepass games and test.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent 4 different clips from 4 different PC games to an upper Nvidia guy,  he remembers me ?‍♂️

 

I haven’t heard back since Thursday,  maybe they are wondering what I have been wondering for 3-4 years,  wtf is going on here?!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darksquall said:

Sorry didnt mean to offend you .

If possible please test more games on xbox.

I’ll test out some more Xbox One X gamepass games downstairs this time on my 4K tv later today,  gonna mow my lawn in a while.  I’ll post results when I’m done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harsh45 said:

I sent 4 different clips from 4 different PC games to an upper Nvidia guy,  he remembers me ?‍♂️

 

I haven’t heard back since Thursday,  maybe they are wondering what I have been wondering for 3-4 years,  wtf is going on here?!?

I'm sure we are not the only people who reported this, but still nothing is being done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaoNayt said:

I'm sure we are not the only people who reported this, but still nothing is being done.

Yeah,  I agree but I’m not going to stop until we figure this nightmare out!

 

Hopefully soon... .. .

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was messing around with the photo mode in A Plague Tale: Innocence and found something interesting. It probably means nothing and it won't help to fix the problem, but I'll share it anyway.

 

So, below is a video. As you can see, there is flickering/shimmering around tree leafs, character hair and wooden structure in the distance. Now, if I move depth of field slider to the left, which increases DOF even further, it does not affect flickering/shimmering. Actually, it becomes even more visible. But, if I move it to the far right, which presumably turns off DOF completely, flickering/shimmering is gone!

 

 

Other settings (brightness, contrast, focal, sharpen and color) have no effect on flickering/shimmering. It always stay the same. DOF, however, is another matter.

 

There is a setting for DOF in the game graphic settings, but it only allows to set it low, medium or high. It doesn't allow to completely turn it off, like in the photo mode. That's a really weird design choice.

 

We mostly blame AA for all our problems. But maybe the problem is something else? Like DOF, Anisotropic filtering, Ambient Occlusion or something else? That "something" could mess with anti-aliasing, which in result produces flickering, shimmering and all other nonsense.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, its me again, I have good news and bad news.

 

The Good: I can now play Minecraft at 1440p 500 fps and absolutely merk my little sister and her friends in in sky wars.

 

The Bad: Exactly the same problem, despite all my preparation.  I got my new rig, built it, SET UP A SEPERATE BREAKER IN MY HOUSE OFF OF A GENARATOR and through a power filter and had my father, an electrician of 20 years, check it.  Power theory is out.  I never once connected my pc to the internet, downloaded origin and drivers to a flash drive and copied them to the system.  I also set up a HARDWARE FIREWALL! No luck, so as far as I'm concerned, virus theory is out.  The top theories I have based on the evidence are the following:

 

A. The new versions of graphical drivers are not communicating properly with VRAM/RAM

B. Manufacturers are doing this on purpose to boost FPS numbers and boast "4K Compatible" and "VR Ready" on potato machines.

C. Game engines are becoming dated and are simply not as compatible as they used to be with new hardware

 

Of the above, my money is on C, and as such, I will buy COD MW, built on a brand new engine to test this theory.  I haven't given up yet, but for now, I just wanna enjoy my new pc.  If anyone has any idea why my post times are 20+ seconds pls let me know, I have an NVMe and everything, windows boots in 2 seconds, but POST is soooo long.

 

Cheers lads,

BJ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

Hey all, its me again, I have good news and bad news.

 

The Good: I can now play Minecraft at 1440p 500 fps and absolutely merk my little sister and her friends in in sky wars.

 

The Bad: Exactly the same problem, despite all my preparation.  I got my new rig, built it, SET UP A SEPERATE BREAKER IN MY HOUSE OFF OF A GENARATOR and through a power filter and had my father, an electrician of 20 years, check it.  Power theory is out.  I never once connected my pc to the internet, downloaded origin and drivers to a flash drive and copied them to the system.  I also set up a HARDWARE FIREWALL! No luck, so as far as I'm concerned, virus theory is out.  The top theories I have based on the evidence are the following:

 

A. The new versions of graphical drivers are not communicating properly with VRAM/RAM

B. Manufacturers are doing this on purpose to boost FPS numbers and boast "4K Compatible" and "VR Ready" on potato machines.

C. Game engines are becoming dated and are simply not as compatible as they used to be with new hardware

 

Of the above, my money is on C, and as such, I will buy COD MW, built on a brand new engine to test this theory.  I haven't given up yet, but for now, I just wanna enjoy my new pc.  If anyone has any idea why my post times are 20+ seconds pls let me know, I have an NVMe and everything, windows boots in 2 seconds, but POST is soooo long.

 

Cheers lads,

BJ 

Thanks for your effort, atleast now we can try new things, still your theories dont explain why it was such a sudden change without reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, can0753 said:

if a reward is given to the person who solves this problem, it attracts the attention of many.

Yea but where would you post that and how much would it take to attract some serious experts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I just made an account a few days ago and was about to make a thread regarding my problem but then I saw this one. I was reading the first couple of pages and then jumped at around page 80 and reading until the last. Its good to share the pain :|

So, here goes what my issue is. Image is blurry, washed out and lifeless, especially in games, internet videos, movies. Even if youtube videos look really bad, gameplay still looks better than when I'm playing. For example when playing Apex Legends and intense things are happening on screen I can't follow whats happening and I just start shooting blindly. Also my PS4 looks kinda the same. I called multiple people to confirm that I'm not crazy.

Things I tried so far:

- Changed 6 Full HD monitors (x2 TN Asus 144hz, x1 TN Benq 144hz, x1 TN ViewSonic, x1 PLS Samsung 60hz, x1 IPS Samsung 60hz) also tried my Samsung Smart TV
- Countless settings for brightness, contrast, color vibrance, etc.
- ICC monitor profiles for every monitor 

- Installed 4 versions of windows
- Installed many versions of GPU drivers

- Tried GPU on another PC

- Tested the PC on someone else's house

 

Here are my specs: MOBO: ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 192-bit, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit, HDD: WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB, SSD Patriot Burst 240GB SATA-III (for operating system) and a Seasonic Focus+, 80+ Gold, 650W for my power supply. I bought the system 3 months ago. Payed for a diagnostic service from the company that made my pc and they said the GPU is fine but idk about that.

Here is a captured gameplay video: Apex Legends .On my channel you can also find one more Shadow Of War and Metro Exodus with no sound for faster upload, ignore the other things. Let me know what you guys think, not sure its worth posting another thread.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Darker17 said:

Hello everyone, I just made an account a few days ago and was about to make a thread regarding my problem but then I saw this one. I was reading the first couple of pages and then jumped at around page 80 and reading until the last. Its good to share the pain :|

So, here goes what my issue is. Image is blurry, washed out and lifeless, especially in games, internet videos, movies. Even if youtube videos look really bad, gameplay still looks better than when I'm playing. For example when playing Apex Legends and intense things are happening on screen I can't follow whats happening and I just start shooting blindly. Also my PS4 looks kinda the same. I called multiple people to confirm that I'm not crazy.

Things I tried so far:

- Changed 6 Full HD monitors (x2 TN Asus 144hz, x1 TN Benq 144hz, x1 TN ViewSonic, x1 PLS Samsung 60hz, x1 IPS Samsung 60hz) also tried my Samsung Smart TV
- Countless settings for brightness, contrast, color vibrance, etc.
- ICC monitor profiles for every monitor 

- Installed 4 versions of windows
- Installed many versions of GPU drivers

- Tried GPU on another PC

- Tested the PC on someone else's house

 

Here are my specs: MOBO: ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 192-bit, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit, HDD: WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB, SSD Patriot Burst 240GB SATA-III (for operating system) and a Seasonic Focus+, 80+ Gold, 650W for my power supply. I bought the system 3 months ago. Payed for a diagnostic service from the company that made my pc and they said the GPU is fine but idk about that.

Here is a captured gameplay video: Apex Legends .On my channel you can also find one more Shadow Of War and Metro Exodus with no sound for faster upload, ignore the other things. Let me know what you guys think, not sure its worth posting another thread.

 

 

Its allways worth to make another thread, that way it will be found more often via google, means more people will notice there is an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Yea but where would you post that and how much would it take to attract some serious experts.

We need to hire some Nvidia technician for the money. That's probably the only way to get their attention.  But how and where to find them, I have no idea.

 

In any case, I have bunch of unused games from Humble Monthly such as Kingdom Come: Deliverance,  Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Assassin's Creed® Origins, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Collector's Edition and many others and would gladly give them all to a person who gives me a working solution to this problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

Hey all, its me again, I have good news and bad news.

 

The Good: I can now play Minecraft at 1440p 500 fps and absolutely merk my little sister and her friends in in sky wars.

 

The Bad: Exactly the same problem, despite all my preparation.  I got my new rig, built it, SET UP A SEPERATE BREAKER IN MY HOUSE OFF OF A GENARATOR and through a power filter and had my father, an electrician of 20 years, check it.  Power theory is out.  I never once connected my pc to the internet, downloaded origin and drivers to a flash drive and copied them to the system.  I also set up a HARDWARE FIREWALL! No luck, so as far as I'm concerned, virus theory is out.  The top theories I have based on the evidence are the following:

 

A. The new versions of graphical drivers are not communicating properly with VRAM/RAM

B. Manufacturers are doing this on purpose to boost FPS numbers and boast "4K Compatible" and "VR Ready" on potato machines.

C. Game engines are becoming dated and are simply not as compatible as they used to be with new hardware

 

Of the above, my money is on C, and as such, I will buy COD MW, built on a brand new engine to test this theory.  I haven't given up yet, but for now, I just wanna enjoy my new pc.  If anyone has any idea why my post times are 20+ seconds pls let me know, I have an NVMe and everything, windows boots in 2 seconds, but POST is soooo long.

 

Cheers lads,

BJ 

Couple things here,  I don’t believe any of those theories at all,  Games should not look like garbage period!

 

Thanks for the testing though,  even if nothing came of it.

 

I also got a question,  your system had to have had windows 10 installed and once it is it always asks to look for updates...  Did you do any of this?

 

It blows my mind as to what’s happening here but what it definitely is NOT is normal... .. .

Link to post
Share on other sites

@I_dont_know200

Ok, I will post it the following days.


God damn, its been 3 months since I struggled with this thing, playing games on PC feels like a distant dream...at least I have my Nintendo Switch that is not affect by any of this  s**t. Can't imagine how people endured way more time than me. Also, I'm curious what you guys think of how the video i posted looks (I think the Metro Exodus one is the worst).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

I’ll give $1,000 dollars to ANYONE who can not only fix this issue but show why it’s happening..  

 

There,  Hows that!?!

 

All who has this issue should contribute to the "grand prize". You - 1000$. Me - several AAA games. Winner (person who solves the problem) gets everything. I think that's the only way we could attract at least some attention.

 

Anyone knows a journalist at BBC or CNN? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asasinas said:

 

All who has this issue should contribute to the "grand prize". You - 1000$. Me - several AAA games. Winner (person who solves the problem) gets everything. I think that's the only way we could attract at least some attention.

 

Anyone knows a journalist at BBC or CNN? 

For a reliable solution that works permanently and explains why, i would pay a few hundred euros no problem, i just want to understand this seriously, i want to know how this is possible.

Honestly maybe this isnt such a bad idea we could pool together and go public, i just dont know where and ofcourse we only would pay after thorough proof and a few weeks of testing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darker17 said:

@I_dont_know200

Ok, I will post it the following days.


God damn, its been 3 months since I struggled with this thing, playing games on PC feels like a distant dream...at least I have my Nintendo Switch that is not affect by any of this  s**t. Can't imagine how people endured way more time than me. Also, I'm curious what you guys think of how the video i posted looks (I think the Metro Exodus one is the worst).

I know how you feel, link this forum aswell so we can get people together here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 5:11 PM, Asasinas said:

 

All who has this issue should contribute to the "grand prize". You - 1000$. Me - several AAA games. Winner (person who solves the problem) gets everything. I think that's the only way we could attract at least some attention.

 

Anyone knows a journalist at BBC or CNN? 

There an Nvidia Office at AT&T Bell Labs, if you don't know what or where that is google it. I go there pretty often.  I wonder how much trouble id get in for walking in? I just want to speak to a person.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×