Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

I was also saving up for a while. Then I finally bought a new system and it worked flawlessly for two weeks. I was so impressed with the quality of AAA graphics on Ultra. And then it all turned ugly overnight.
But beware, some people said their new systems had the issue from the start.

21 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

. What I plan to do is have the PC built, on a power purifier, disconnected from the internet, create a new email and download a free game to the PC via flash drive so I can totally isolate the system and test how it works.  I plan to slowly work backwards from this point, removing the power purifier, connect to the internet, download games from steam, ect until I reach the problem.  My rig might fall to the problem but at least I can give you guys an exact trigger.  Does anyone have any other ideas for precautions I should take?

Help Us.eml

Yes, this can be a Windows or DirectX bug. So be prepare to place a bug report. Learn how bug reports are made up, what you need. Making a good bug report is very important to the success of it. Helps developer to find the bug. Look youtube tutorials.

20 years ago I found a Windows bug, and it took me 10 years to isolate it and place a bug report. Essentially when a internet file [a file that was download from internet] was selected, if you press new folder icon, the file execute instead of making the new folder.

So bugs are complex because you can think is a virus, a hardware problem and is difficult to reproduce. Preconceptions and lucubrations does not help.

Video, screenshots, dependency and not dependency’s are important. But more important is a step by step guid to trigger the bug.

Some Windows bugs are trigger when files are attached to the download file. When you download from internet you can zip and unzip your downloads as a precaution to isolate the problem.

good luck.

7 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

I am in fact starting from all new parts. Specs are as follows:

Ryzen 3800X

MSI X570 A-Pro

32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

MSI RTX 2080 tri-fan

Corsair 750w PSU 80+ Gold

Thermaltake RIING 360MM AIO

Cooler master H500M Case

In the case that it actually is a virus, I was reading up on how to protect yourself from malware that potentially auto runs, and the best solution I found aside from Malwarebytes and firewalls is to create a second user account that you use as a primary account on the pc without install rights, only entering the admin password for select downloads, thus preventing auto-run scripts.

I am only 16 and I really hope this new build works ok, ive been saving every cent for over two years.  I really can't afford another Dud.  Pray for me ladies and gentleman, as my final components come tomorrow.

nervouscat.jpeg.jpg

Good luck!

14 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

Monitors do render, thats the thing.

The scaler can seriously corrupt stippling effects if the panel native resolution does not match the input resolution.

I misspoke,  I meant monitors don’t process graphics...

Im also still in talks with a higher up at Nvidia,  been shooting emails back and forth, been sending game clips here and there,  I’ll let you guys know if it goes anywhere... ? 

25 minutes ago, Harsh45 said:

I misspoke,  I meant monitors don’t process graphics...

Im also still in talks with a higher up at Nvidia,  been shooting emails back and forth, been sending game clips here and there,  I’ll let you guys know if it goes anywhere... ? 

Somewhat related, there are monitors being sold with non-native resolutions now.  Things like high refresh 1080p monitors with slightly higher resolution panels, meaning you always get scaler corruption on screen.

This also applies to many TVs.

17 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Somewhat related, there are monitors being sold with non-native resolutions now.  Things like high refresh 1080p monitors with slightly higher resolution panels, meaning you always get scaler corruption on screen.

More info?

Are you talking to the support staff at nvidia or engineering/software?

3 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

More info?

Are you talking to the support staff at nvidia or engineering/software?

https://www.techpowerup.com/245367/your-1440p-monitor-could-be-using-a-4k-panel

The same thing has been done in TV's as well.  1366x768 panels being used in 720p (1280x720) TVs and 1920x1200 panels being used in 1080p (1920x1080) TVs.

This explains the messed up looking stipple effect in games that use that instead of alpha blending in some cases.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, Harsh45 said:

Understandable but..  the graphics card renders the graphics and the display displays it,  don’t really think we need to get anymore technical than that.  If this wasn’t the case I could change my graphics settings through my monitor which is just silly.

Back to the awful graphics from my Xbox one x shown in those few screenshots above,  After watching others play that game on the same system it looks as if that particular game actually looks that bad on console.  I’m playing DMC 5 on Xbox one x now and it looks just fine.  

I think the the issue is still just with PCs and Laptops for me at least.

Please dont deny the problem on consoles and other hardware.

Look at your screenshots fron kingdoms come , this is snes level of textures.

Devil may cry looks allright because its not open world , draw distance is shorter there.

Open any open world game on xbox far cry or something like that , problem is visible in fps games with long vision and tell me is this look normal to you ?

This is not PC only problen

If anyone DOES decide to talk to any companies about this issue, remember to record the problem with an OUTSIDE camera (For example, your phone). Don’t record gameplay using the affected device itself, it won’t show up on the screen of an unaffected device, making whoever’s seeing it claim that you’re it looks fine on their end and you’re just seeing things. I don’t think this is a Nvidia issue, as it appears on EVERY single device that uses a 3d engine...

1 hour ago, Pglew99 said:

If anyone DOES decide to talk to any companies about this issue, remember to record the problem with an OUTSIDE camera (For example, your phone). Don’t record gameplay using the affected device itself, it won’t show up on the screen of an unaffected device, making whoever’s seeing it claim that you’re it looks fine on their end and you’re just seeing things. I don’t think this is a Nvidia issue, as it appears on EVERY single device that uses a 3d engine...

and 2d games aswell.

Alright guys. So ive been searching for an answer for this for a few weeks and i might have found something to lead us in the right direction, not entirely sure this will fix anything but on this video 

in the comments there is a guy by the name of American Pig-Dog who has a pretty fucking nutty idea as to fixing this, his fix is for AMD users but it isnt 100% confirmed to work, in his responses a dude says that it worked for him when he followed his tutorial, he has a GTX 1060 and he could be very well trolling but it might lead to something. He deleted the files in his class tab of his regedit then imported American Pig-Dog's Code or something like that and it fixed the problem for him. Thing is, because the dude deleted his class tab it removed drivers or something and thus was the fix. Im not very PC technical so i dont know much but posting this here may lead to something bois. Good luck lads. Also I dont actually advise that you do anything with your Registry unless you know what you are doing.  

image.png

image.png

Edited by d0L_0b
couldnt type properly ^_^

2 hours ago, darksquall said:

Please dont deny the problem on consoles and other hardware.

Look at your screenshots fron kingdoms come , this is snes level of textures.

Devil may cry looks allright because its not open world , draw distance is shorter there.

Open any open world game on xbox far cry or something like that , problem is visible in fps games with long vision and tell me is this look normal to you ?

This is not PC only problen

For me it seems to be PC related only,  If you feel the need to put words in my mouth and or tell me what I see in games I guess there is no need for me to post another thing,  you can do it for me...

43 minutes ago, d0L_0b said:

Alright guys. So ive been searching for an answer for this for a few weeks and i might have found something to lead us in the right direction, not entirely sure this will fix anything but on this video 

in the comments there is a guy by the name of American Pig-Dog who has a pretty fucking nutty idea as to fixing this, his fix is for AMD users but it isnt 100% confirmed to work, in his responses a dude says that it worked for him when he followed his tutorial, he has a GTX 1060 and he could be very well trolling but it might lead to something. He deleted the files in his class tab of his regedit then imported American Pig-Dog's Code or something like that and it fixed the problem for him. Thing is, because the dude deleted his class tab it removed drivers or something and thus was the fix. Im not very PC technical so i dont know much but posting this here may lead to something bois. Good luck lads. Also I dont actually advise that you do anything with your Registry unless you know what you are doing.  

image.png

image.png

As to if this is true or not I do t know.  He said once he deleted the entire section on the class tab of Regedit and imported his first code (whatever the first code is) fixed 80% of the issues..  For one you would need to reinstall new drivers unless windows 10 automatically reinstalled them,  probably the former.  I think this guy may have had a bad driver and that’s it,  nothing outlandish like what I have,  I mean all the newly built PCs I’ve made along with a few company bought ones and the latest one being a laptop,  I just don’t see a driver being the issue,  I mean you think it would be more widespread if that were the case,  I don’t know..

I could try deleting some regedit like this guy on one of my rigs,  can just reset it if things go awry...

This issue is really weird i just watched a video with very obvious signs of this bug and thought well lets show it to some random people (reddit in this case) just to get some reactions, and who would have guessed it, they say it looks absolutly normal, or they tell me the resolution and AA is too low on a dev video, in the case someone is interessted just watch the gameplay of KSP 2.

11 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

This issue is really weird i just watched a video with very obvious signs of this bug and thought well lets show it to some random people (reddit in this case) just to get some reactions, and who would have guessed it, they say it looks absolutly normal, or they tell me the resolution and AA is too low on a dev video, in the case someone is interessted just watch the gameplay of KSP 2.

We obviously can tell by watching videos and clips with these issues but it is best to see in person which is in most cases impossible,  I would love to show people at Nvidia all this shitty shit in action but fat chance at that happening...

12 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

For me it seems to be PC related only,  If you feel the need to put words in my mouth and or tell me what I see in games I guess there is no need for me to post another thing,  you can do it for me...

Sorry didnt mean to offend you .

If possible please test more games on xbox.

2 hours ago, darksquall said:

I’ll do just that.  I also think some games looked better downstairs than upstairs,  I’ll have to reconfirm that..  I’ll download a bunch of gamepass games and test.

I sent 4 different clips from 4 different PC games to an upper Nvidia guy,  he remembers me ?‍♂️

I haven’t heard back since Thursday,  maybe they are wondering what I have been wondering for 3-4 years,  wtf is going on here?!?

3 hours ago, darksquall said:

I’ll test out some more Xbox One X gamepass games downstairs this time on my 4K tv later today,  gonna mow my lawn in a while.  I’ll post results when I’m done.

1 hour ago, Harsh45 said:

I sent 4 different clips from 4 different PC games to an upper Nvidia guy,  he remembers me ?‍♂️

I haven’t heard back since Thursday,  maybe they are wondering what I have been wondering for 3-4 years,  wtf is going on here?!?

I'm sure we are not the only people who reported this, but still nothing is being done.

1 hour ago, DaoNayt said:

I'm sure we are not the only people who reported this, but still nothing is being done.

Yeah,  I agree but I’m not going to stop until we figure this nightmare out!

Hopefully soon... .. .

I was messing around with the photo mode in A Plague Tale: Innocence and found something interesting. It probably means nothing and it won't help to fix the problem, but I'll share it anyway.

So, below is a video. As you can see, there is flickering/shimmering around tree leafs, character hair and wooden structure in the distance. Now, if I move depth of field slider to the left, which increases DOF even further, it does not affect flickering/shimmering. Actually, it becomes even more visible. But, if I move it to the far right, which presumably turns off DOF completely, flickering/shimmering is gone!

Other settings (brightness, contrast, focal, sharpen and color) have no effect on flickering/shimmering. It always stay the same. DOF, however, is another matter.

There is a setting for DOF in the game graphic settings, but it only allows to set it low, medium or high. It doesn't allow to completely turn it off, like in the photo mode. That's a really weird design choice.

We mostly blame AA for all our problems. But maybe the problem is something else? Like DOF, Anisotropic filtering, Ambient Occlusion or something else? That "something" could mess with anti-aliasing, which in result produces flickering, shimmering and all other nonsense.

Hey all, its me again, I have good news and bad news.

The Good: I can now play Minecraft at 1440p 500 fps and absolutely merk my little sister and her friends in in sky wars.

The Bad: Exactly the same problem, despite all my preparation.  I got my new rig, built it, SET UP A SEPERATE BREAKER IN MY HOUSE OFF OF A GENARATOR and through a power filter and had my father, an electrician of 20 years, check it.  Power theory is out.  I never once connected my pc to the internet, downloaded origin and drivers to a flash drive and copied them to the system.  I also set up a HARDWARE FIREWALL! No luck, so as far as I'm concerned, virus theory is out.  The top theories I have based on the evidence are the following:

A. The new versions of graphical drivers are not communicating properly with VRAM/RAM

B. Manufacturers are doing this on purpose to boost FPS numbers and boast "4K Compatible" and "VR Ready" on potato machines.

C. Game engines are becoming dated and are simply not as compatible as they used to be with new hardware

Of the above, my money is on C, and as such, I will buy COD MW, built on a brand new engine to test this theory.  I haven't given up yet, but for now, I just wanna enjoy my new pc.  If anyone has any idea why my post times are 20+ seconds pls let me know, I have an NVMe and everything, windows boots in 2 seconds, but POST is soooo long.

Cheers lads,

BJ 

if a reward is given to the person who solves this problem, it attracts the attention of many.