Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

17 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

Cardboard trees,  pixelated textures and shadows, pop-in,  poor quality textures,  low draw distance.   

All of these things CONTINUE to happen at my shop AND my house on this new laptop,  all logic can be thrown out the window,  I completely give up,  I will never game on PC again!  I we become a console peasant for now on,  I am DONE gaming on PC fuck it!!!

Wow really even at your shop. Maybe it's the whole city but it's really hard to believe that. I have some questions:

Did you connect your laptop to internet using ethernet cable or through wifi. Did you even plug the ethernet cable for some other reason? Did it appear after plugging in the laptop to power outlet?

Also as you have said the symptoms for you are " Cardboard trees,  pixelated textures and shadows, pop-in,  poor quality textures,  low draw distance." Do you also have flickering aa with these symptoms?

My concerns:

I am not sure if whatever it is in Electricity, whether it appears randomly or is always there. Also if it's affecting the whole city or just few houses connected to a transformer or just this house has something wrong like loose connection or bad breakers.  Also i am not sure if it's only coming in through power lines or from the environment or both.  

Okay,  let me tell you guys something. I got a random bsod while playing gta v at the beginning of this year. And i think thats what triggered these issues. Windows reinstalls, Playing with igpu,  new drivers, DDU nothing could fix them. Games hurt my eyes now.  BTW  i am using a sapphire rx590 with ryzen 5 2400G.  

I’ll post more on the testing of the new laptop,  I was about to pull my fucking hair out when I posted the other day...

I’ve chilled out since then,  I’ll post more and answer some of your guys questions later,  I’m busy atm.  Till then.

One quick thing,  has anybody messed around with HKEY settings?  We should tweek some to see if we get results,  wish I could find screenshots of default HKEY settings.   Hit me up if anybody has any info on this.

21 minutes ago, Harsh45 said:

One quick thing,  has anybody messed around with HKEY settings?  We should tweek some to see if we get results,  wish I could find screenshots of default HKEY settings.   Hit me up if anybody has any info on this.

Yea I saw some registry fixes mentioned but none of them worked for me.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:25 PM, faruquei said:

Okay,  let me tell you guys something. I got a random bsod while playing gta v at the beginning of this year. And i think thats what triggered these issues. Windows reinstalls, Playing with igpu,  new drivers, DDU nothing could fix them. Games hurt my eyes now.  BTW  i am using a sapphire rx590 with ryzen 5 2400G.  

Same, there is some kind of blur on the screen. It's like everything is fuzzy/blurry. It's affecting my eyesight. This is the worst part of this issue. In my old house everything was crystal clear but in the new house/city now it hurt my eyes. This blur is even on my non gaming laptop.

Intensity of this blur seems to be changing after some time. For me blur intensity and the flickering in Borderlands 3 trailer (as mentioned by @Asasinas) was reduced after new transformer but is still there. Maybe the new transformer is more resistant to whatever it is. I don't know. But the most scary thing (although not confirmed yet) that scares me is that if it is affecting the whole city.  

Edit: Brightness seems to be increased as well with this blur.

14 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Same, there is some kind of blur on the screen. It's like everything is fuzzy/blurry. It's affecting my eyesight. This is the worst part of this issue. In my old house everything was crystal clear but in the new house/city now it hurt my eyes. This blur is even on my non gaming laptop.

Intensity of this blur seems to be changing after some time. For me blur intensity and the flickering in Borderlands 3 trailer (as mentioned by @Asasinas) was reduced after new transformer but is still there. Maybe the new transformer is more resistant to whatever it is. I don't know. But the most scary thing (although not confirmed yet) that scares me is that if it is affecting the whole city.  

Same here.

I have the feeling that synonymous videos on youtube not the quality as they had before.

Everything is out of Focus and also slightly jagged.

Also my Desktop, everything seems so jagged.

that looks almost like the bad nVidia 20-series GPU failures of late (but it's different).  See this video: 

I get some kind of texture overlay only in very specific areas and very specific pieces of geometry (like a flat ceiling, but none of the details that protrude off of it) in Borderlands 2.  It reminds me of that, but mine is much more subtle - it's a straight array of horizontal lines, not a dot pattern like that.  That specific issue had me thinking my GPU was dying, but it only ever appears in that game and in specific places so I wrote it off as bad programming.

Is this overlay persistent for you?

29 minutes ago, jamsomito said:

that looks almost like the bad nVidia 20-series GPU failures of late (but it's different).  See this video: 

I get some kind of texture overlay only in very specific areas and very specific pieces of geometry (like a flat ceiling, but none of the details that protrude off of it) in Borderlands 2.  It reminds me of that, but mine is much more subtle - it's a straight array of horizontal lines, not a dot pattern like that.  That specific issue had me thinking my GPU was dying, but it only ever appears in that game and in specific places so I wrote it off as bad programming.

Is this overlay persistent for you?

It happens in Witcher 3 on distant items when they fade in and out, I noticed. Witcher 3 has issues with pop-in, regardless of our problems in this thread. It surprised me to see it near the camera, because it looks so bad.

16 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

What the hell is this supposed to be?
(weird 'five' pattern)

2019.08.18-20.45_01.png

2019.08.18-20.45.png

I also get the same issue in my games and not just Witcher 3.  I will try and upload some SCUM gameplay at max to show you just how outrageous this game looks on ultra settings.  The draw distance, shimmering and lack of textures on trees is unbelievable,  yet an Nvidia employee would consider all this “Normal”....

Btw Only one game I tried with the laptop looked fine at my shop but it must have not been fine because all the other games I tested looked like shit.

We’re getting closer to Stadia’s release,  hopefully that will cast new light ? 

18 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

What the hell is this supposed to be?
(weird 'five' pattern)

2019.08.18-20.45_01.png

2019.08.18-20.45.png

Are you talking about the white checkerboard pattern? I have something similar in GTA V near my character on grass. Seems to be following the character/invisible bubble in GTA V. It appeared after maybe a month of this issue in this new house/city. I'll upload some pictures/videos. This clearly shows that something is getting damaged by low power condition. We just need to figure out what's causing this low power condition.

I went to the internet cafe in a very remote city, there is the same problem in computers

3 hours ago, can0753 said:

I went to the internet cafe in a very remote city, there is the same problem in computers

Wait how did you measure that since those PCs cant run any games i guess.

got new laptop i5 1050ti , problem is here day 1 . No honeymoon period . 

First time posting here been watching this forum for a while to see if anyone had a solution to the problem.  This all started for me about 4 months ago when I used GeForce experience to download a new Nvidia update.  I was playing rust at the time and after logging in i noticed terrible pixelation on shadows and flickering on all edges.  I’ve contacted Nvidia with no luck and have done a fresh install of windows and upgraded to a new 1080ti.  The strange thing is I’ve seen other people with these issues on streams and what not but I swear it wasn’t there before that update.

I bought a 900 watt UPS just got done plugging everything in,  turned it on,  logged in and tested a game,  I’m gonna test Rage 2 in a moment and I’ll post my findings.

It seems to me that if this UPS doesn’t fix anything then the electrical issues some of us think are the culprit are sincerely wrong!  

Well, just got done testing Rage 2 on ultra with the 900 watt UPS and it’s still the same.  I have no clue where to go from here.

All I can say is that I unlike others don’t have these issues with consoles so hopefully Stadia works well,  If not I’m going to probably become a full-time console gamer ? 

I will continue to look into new and interesting ways in fixing these issues no matter how pissed off I get.  I’ve got some ugly footage of SCUM on ultra settings I would like Nvidia to see just for the hell of it.  I’m sure they will say “Everything looks fine”,  but I’ll also link a YouTube video of the game on Ultra where it looks fantastic.  Doubt I’ll get anywhere with this but I’ll try anyway.

31 minutes ago, Harsh45 said:

Well, just got done testing Rage 2 on ultra with the 900 watt UPS and it’s still the same.  I have no clue where to go from here.

All I can say is that I unlike others don’t have these issues with consoles so hopefully Stadia works well,  If not I’m going to probably become a full-time console gamer ? 

I will continue to look into new and interesting ways in fixing these issues no matter how pissed off I get.  I’ve got some ugly footage of SCUM on ultra settings I would like Nvidia to see just for the hell of it.  I’m sure they will say “Everything looks fine”,  but I’ll also link a YouTube video of the game on Ultra where it looks fantastic.  Doubt I’ll get anywhere with this but I’ll try anyway.

Well we could allways try to build a faraday cage, i would but i dont have the space to build one, i mean it can only be power or some sort of interferences or something software related maybe.

I’m not sure what it is but it couldn’t be software related because of all the PCs I’ve built with all differing parts and components,  all just had enough installed to play steam/origin etc..

I can’t completely rule out a software issue but 99.9% sure it isn’t.  Especially after using this new laptop,  all that was installed was the new Nvidia drivers and steam/game.

Im gonna try a few more things this weekend.

This issue seems as if graphical settings are being ignored or somehow utilizing so little that it can only do so much as in low draw distance poor lod, textures, little to no anti aliasing etc.

3 minutes ago, Harsh45 said:

I’m not sure what it is but it couldn’t be software related because of all the PCs I’ve built with all differing parts and components,  all just had enough installed to play steam/origin etc..

I can’t completely rule out a software issue but 99.9% sure it isn’t.  Especially after using this new laptop,  all that was installed was the new Nvidia drivers and steam/game.

Im gonna try a few more things this weekend.

This issue seems as if graphical settings are being ignored or somehow utilizing so little that it can only do so much as in low draw distance poor lod, textures, little to no anti aliasing etc.

I will continue testing aswell, but what could it be its like this issue defys the laws of physics.

3 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

I tried the same approach with AMD and got nowhere.

40 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

I tried the same approach with AMD and got nowhere.

Just had a very nice converstation with reddit guys again i just say "There is no Problem" btw i used your video for showcase purposes hope thats ok.

4 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Just had a very nice converstation with reddit guys again i just say "There is no Problem" btw i used your video for showcase purposes hope thats ok.

Oh I have a lot more here for download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bRQBSxvB403sV90YKnKsT6KsVNhsYDuY

Also, a playlist of videos I found with the issue visible:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLymxUFANbMiEGr_tJYxqDwifFTw-4VYO1