Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

7 hours ago, Dzenan2244 said:

Guys I have read what this first guy has wrote on this thread and I did exactly what he said,only i set profile on Nvidia Inspector to GLOBAL,you know not the specific game just global,80 % of jagged lines,flickering and shimmering is gone https://steamcommunity.com/app/241560/discussions/0/617321352146025421/?l=french

It's a tweak just like using TAA. Suggested settings using NVI are making your gpu to work harder to fix something that's not supposed to be there in the first place. Using these settings is not normal. A normal PC won't require these settings. Our issue has nothing to do with any software. Any software tweak will still be a tweak and not a solution because software is not what caused our issue in the first place.

9 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

It's a tweak just like using TAA. Suggested settings using NVI are making your gpu to work harder to fix something that's not supposed to be there in the first place. Using these settings is not normal. A normal PC won't require these settings. Our issue has nothing to do with any software. Any software tweak will still be a tweak and not a solution because software is not what caused our issue in the first place.

You are 100% correct!  The rigs I built should run perfect as soon as booted,  no tweaking or any of this other shit is needed.  

I have a question though,  has anyone that has these draw distance and low quality texture issues on there PC’s tried a laptop?  I know of people with the issues on laptop to begin with but I mean someone who only has PCs and then got a laptop to see if it works.  Like does it only go to shit when it’s plugged in to an outlet to charge?  Big question for me,  anyone with an answer hit me up!  

We need someone who can get a perfectly working laptop and try it at there place without plugging it into an outlet.  Because if this happends once it’s plugged in we have an answer to these fucked questions.

If for some reason laptops work I’ll have no regrets throwing down 3K for a good gaming laptop.

14 hours ago, YiGiT353 said:

I have the anti-aliasing problem on my HP laptop, it started last year when I used Nvidia Inspector, nothing helped, unplugged or plugged the issue still persists, I simply just learnt to live with it.

I realize you have anti-aliasing issues with your laptop but I’m interested in people that have this issue on PCs that don’t have or haven’t tried a laptop.  I’m interested to know if someone can try a new laptop without charging it AT ALL in there house,  either completely new or from a friend that doesn’t have this issue,  then if it runs fine charge it at your house and see if the issues begin.

im looking into buying a high-end laptop that has a 30-day money back guarantee so if it does go fucked I can get my money back,  worth a try and it would tell us a lot if it works fine until charged.  Just an idea...

I’m a founder of Stadia so I’m also waiting on how that performs.  I canceled my pre order of the Smach z though,  the things performance per dollar is atrocious!

My parents have a laptop.

I see that I get it once and then I give you feedback the days.

I will take my pc with me and test it there.

does anyone have the problem with a 4k monitor?

ok, problem seems to be back after upgrading my windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903.

If I recall correctly version 1803 was from first half of 2018 (when my problems started).

So, for me it seems upgrading windows caused this...

ok, back to PS2 graphics!

Did you record game footage when it worked properly? Can you make a comparison?

On 7/29/2019 at 1:10 PM, PVLMFRUITS said:

My parents have a laptop.

I see that I get it once and then I give you feedback the days.

I will take my pc with me and test it there.

does anyone have the problem with a 4k monitor?

Yes,  I’ve tried 1080p monitors, 3440x1440 monitors, 4K monitors as well as numerous TVs,  same shitty issues on all.  So it’s not the monitors or televisions.

Also,  definitely let me know how it goes with the laptop and such..

4 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

ok, problem seems to be back after upgrading my windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903.

If I recall correctly version 1803 was from first half of 2018 (when my problems started).

So this issue is happened to you once you upgraded from 1803 to 1903?  I wonder if there is a website that has compiled all the different versions of Windows 10?  Guru3d?  Or something a like?  We could test this..

12 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

It does not mean that update caused it. If it was the update that caused it then everyone should be affected by it in the world. But it's only few of us.

Maybe during the restart it got triggered for you. As you have mentioned whenever you change room to cellar it appear/disappear. Well while changing room you shut down PC and start it again. It's triggering for you during the restart process. Maybe during the restart process the PC adjust itself to the latest power condition/issue.

It's back to normal (good graphics) again after alternating plugs

1 hour ago, Bearhugger said:

It's back to normal (good graphics) again after alternating plugs

Thats so weird. What is so different between these plugs???

Please next time (if it happens) make a comparison video. Record some game footage now and then record the same thing looking bad.

4 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

交替插头后,它又恢复正常(良好的图形)

pls, make a video to show the difference... and maybe u can make more test, you're the only one i know who can reveal the problem and fix it whenever you want...thx

On 7/24/2019 at 7:40 PM, lobolaw1984 said:

Ok boys, I am about to try the nuclear option. 

I bought a new motherboard, ssd, CPU, and GPU. I am debating swapping out the ram as well. I intend to keep the same monitor, mouse, keyboard, power supply, and case.

This issue started for me back in 2013 in Starcraft 2 and Battlefield 3 & 4. At the time, I naively thought I would find a fix in a matter of weeks!! 

I have swapped out every part in the rig since then except for the case and mouse, gone through multiple versions of windows, ssds, gpus, monitors, etc. However, the problem has thus far been confined to those games.

A couple months ago the problem started in the Witcher 3 when I downloaded the DLC expansions from GOG. I immediately noticed hideous alaising (only when there is motion on the screen), and blocky, jagged, flickering shadows. It was sudden and obvious. In the last two months, I have tried:

1. Rolling back nvidia drivers

2. Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it via Steam instead of GOG

3. Clean install of Windows

4. Clean install of windows on a different SSD

5. Installing Linux on a new SSD and running Witcher 3 from that (actually made the problem worse)

6. Trying an old GPU on Windows 

7. Trying the old GPU on the new Linux install

I plan to replace the CPU, ssd, MOBO, GPU, and clean install Windows all at once. Do you guys think I should do the Ram too?

The most frustrating thing about this situation is the complete and total lack of progress that has been made. We don't even know if it is hardware or software related yet! Everyone is totally in the dark. The problem seems to spread by magic...it defies logic! I cant believe that so many smart people haven't figured it or yet! BUT... there IS a solution. The has to be. We first have tp understand what the problem is though. That is square one.

UPDATE 7/30/19. It didn't work. New MOBO, CPU, GPU, SSD, and fresh install of Windows, all installed simultaneously. I kept the same RAM, psu, keyboard, mouse, monitor, and case. Fired up a fresh install of Witcher 3, the problem is still there. I am really at a loss...

ok, I'll try.

On Screenshots it's not so visible.

Could use FRAPS to record...

22 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

ok, I'll try.

FRAPS? That thing is ancient.
What GPU do you have? If you have a recent graphics card, gameplay recording software comes included with the drivers.

Is this a fix?

And look at this, a brand new video.

3 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

I use 1070 geforce gtx

I have an AMD card so I cant tell you exactly, but you should have the option to record video through your GPU without impacting performance. FRAPS ruins framerate and is not necessary anymore.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:47 AM, Bearhugger said:

ok, I'll try.

You can use Nvidia Shadowplay if you have Geforce Experience installed with the driver or you can use Windows 10 built in game recording feature that you can bring up using Windows+G key.

A Youtuber says...

It turns out to be a voltage problem, check your display power cable isn't confused with cpu power cable, dont use display and cpu on single cable. If it solves must reply

All my cables are properly connected.

I don't think you can confuse them, they only fit in the correct socket.