Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KenjiD5

Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

wkdpaul

* Warnings WILL be issued for antagonizing, rude and/or condescending replies, if you can't (or won't) help, then don't reply and move on *

Please avoid accusing others that they are lying. Members are coming to this thread to ask for help regarding a specific problem and it should be assumed that they are truthful with their statement, bluntly putting that into questions will result in your reply being removed regardless of the informations it contains.

Message added by wkdpaul

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Did you try putting your friend's AMD GPU back in his system? If so, what happened? 

What OS are you both running? Win 10? Have you tried Win 7 or 8.1?

 

 

atm windows 10, started with windows 8.1, I also tested 7

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys.

 

I has been affected by this issue since early 2014. Tried everything software related (windows) and mostly everything hardware related: changed mobo (buying gtx 980 didn't help), gpu, psu, it's only a cpu which is left as it was in the beginning, so I can only blame it, but currently I'm out of money in order to change to some newer cpu (I have i7 3770). Actually I've never tried linux gaming on this pc. Gonna set things up and post right back. Hope we will somehow resolve it soon, I just can't enjoy games this way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, deadpadre said:

Hi guys.

 

I has been affected by this issue since early 2014. Tried everything software related (windows) and mostly everything hardware related: changed mobo (buying gtx 980 didn't help), gpu, psu, it's only a cpu which is left as it was in the beginning, so I can only blame it, but currently I'm out of money in order to change to some newer cpu (I have i7 3770). Actually I've never tried linux gaming on this pc. Gonna set things up and post right back. Hope we will somehow resolve it soon, I just can't enjoy games this way.

Some1 already tried linux, doesnt help, dont waste ur time on that. Also i tried 2x new Cpus , no luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone moved house and tried not bringing anything from his old house? Like buying new pc and all its peripherals new, including screens, new tv, consoles, external hds etc.etc.? Cause that's what i'm planning on trying when i move out on my own. Selling pc, ps4, screens, peripherals etc.etc. and buy everything new. Wipe external hds and throw them in the junk.  Buy new tv, new cables, new router with a new internet connection for the new house. New pendrives. Not accessing to any file that i might have stored online in cloud storages on my new devices. Everything. Might takes some time, 1 year or more to reach that point, but that's the plan. If that doesn't work i dunno what will.

Meanwhile i've started enjoying games again on pc. DSR + tweaking of inis and Nvidia control panels + SweetFX makes most titles ALMOST normal. Some things like blocky shadows shaped like chainsaws crawling everywhere or fucking triangle shaped jaggy shadows on characters faces out of nowhere will never die i guess... and some staircase white jaggies still remain... but MOSTLY you can manage to make them look normal (even if you have to spend a good 2 hours tweaking a game before you can even play it). On my PS4 the matter is totally different. Can't do anything there, so i'm really cringing when playing it, like feeling like i want to poke my eyes out and throw the console out of the window... but i'm enduring painfully for the exclusives i want to play (hang in there FFXV, i'll finish you even if you look like a ps2 game someone shit on sometimes... i promise brah <3).

To anyone saying "OMG YOU'RE ALL MAD, THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL", i had like a 16-17 years old son of a friends' couple here tonight, and i hook him up on my ps4 cause he was getting bored. He tried some FFXV and after 10 minutes he comes to me and says "WOW Graphics are really awesome on this game... but what are those white flashing lines and shapes on grates, poles and straight stuff? And why shadows and foliage are flickering like that? That's not normal i think you have some issues with tv or ps or something". Took him 10 minutes to notice, didn't even tell him anything beforehand cause i was curious if he would notice or if it's normal as some unhelpful chaps around the internet claim. I was so happy i almost wanted to kiss him (ofc i didn't).

This is honestly the weirdest and more mysterious issue i ever had with something technology-related. It's clear by now that the whole issue is shadow acne tbh. It's not aliasing or anything imho. It's something totally fucking up and messing with the shadow mapping. What and how is mysterious though, cause something like that should surely be SW related, but that wouldn't explain how and why it passes through hardware as it's apparent it does by now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MarkFMB said:

Has anyone moved house and tried not bringing anything from his old house? Like buying new pc and all its peripherals new, including screens, new tv, consoles, external hds etc.etc.? Cause that's what i'm planning on trying when i move out on my own. Selling pc, ps4, screens, peripherals etc.etc. and buy everything new. Wipe external hds and throw them in the junk.  Buy new tv, new cables, new router with a new internet connection for the new house. New pendrives. Not accessing to any file that i might have stored online in cloud storages on my new devices. Everything. Might takes some time, 1 year or more to reach that point, but that's the plan. If that doesn't work i dunno what will.

Meanwhile i've started enjoying games again on pc. DSR + tweaking of inis and Nvidia control panels + SweetFX makes most titles ALMOST normal. Some things like blocky shadows shaped like chainsaws crawling everywhere or fucking triangle shaped jaggy shadows on characters faces out of nowhere will never die i guess... and some staircase white jaggies still remain... but MOSTLY you can manage to make them look normal (even if you have to spend a good 2 hours tweaking a game before you can even play it). On my PS4 the matter is totally different. Can't do anything there, so i'm really cringing when playing it, like feeling like i want to poke my eyes out and throw the console out of the window... but i'm enduring painfully for the exclusives i want to play (hang in there FFXV, i'll finish you even if you look like a ps2 game someone shit on sometimes... i promise brah <3).

To anyone saying "OMG YOU'RE ALL MAD, THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL", i had like a 16-17 years old son of a friends' couple here tonight, and i hook him up on my ps4 cause he was getting bored. He tried some FFXV and after 10 minutes he comes to me and says "WOW Graphics are really awesome on this game... but what are those white flashing lines and shapes on grates, poles and straight stuff? And why shadows and foliage are flickering like that? That's not normal i think you have some issues with tv or ps or something". Took him 10 minutes to notice, didn't even tell him anything beforehand cause i was curious if he would notice or if it's normal as some unhelpful chaps around the internet claim. I was so happy i almost wanted to kiss him (ofc i didn't).

This is honestly the weirdest and more mysterious issue i ever had with something technology-related. It's clear by now that the whole issue is shadow acne tbh. It's not aliasing or anything imho. It's something totally fucking up and messing with the shadow mapping. What and how is mysterious though, cause something like that should surely be SW related, but that wouldn't explain how and why it passes through hardware as it's apparent it does by now...

For me it just happen on my pc, for example my Wii U works perfectly fine with my pc monitor or tv.

 

I think for those who have console problems, might  just replacing it.

 

Otherwise like many said , its not electricy or voltage, i also belived that a while time ago but its 100% not. Dont waste ur time on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SpeedUp10 said:

For me it just happen on my pc, for example my Wii U works perfectly fine with my pc monitor or tv.

 

I think for those who have console problems, might  just replacing it.

 

Otherwise like many said , its not electricy or voltage, i also belived that a while time ago but its 100% not. Dont waste ur time on that.

Are you 100% sure because you tested it at  your friends house or are there other things that proofs you in that? No offense just a question ^^

Because as I wrote:

 

"You put his card in and it worked fine for a few minutes, my new pc also worked nearly fine for the first time I connected it. Then it got worst. 
It is other electricity at your friends house I agree with you, but the mainboard is still the same which could got harmed at your home, so I dont think we can preclude electricity because of that test. 

I wont say that it has to be electricity, but i wouldnt preclude it either. Only fact in my opinion is still that it has to be a local thing.

Electricity or something like wifi, bluetooth etc. are the only things i could imagine, if its no virus.

My neighbour, whos room is maybe 10 meters away from mine, dont got any problems, wouldnt he be affected from wifi noises for example too?"

 

I know that the electricity or voltage get filtered by the psu etc. but when the mainboardpart is so easy to damage maybe it cant be filtered everything out?

Im no expert in these things but as this problem is really weird I wanna check any possible options 

 

At your friends house, theres also other Wi-Fi etc. and your friend doesnt got prolems, so the only option is, that the PC had the mistake before.
If we preclude electricity because of that, we would have to preclude the whole location thing, do we?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManniMeister31 said:

Are you 100% sure because you tested it at  your friends house or are there other things that proofs you in that? No offense just a question ^^

Because as I wrote:

 

"You put his card in and it worked fine for a few minutes, my new pc also worked nearly fine for the first time I connected it. Then it got worst. 
It is other electricity at your friends house I agree with you, but the mainboard is still the same which could got harmed at your home, so I dont think we can preclude electricity because of that test. 

I wont say that it has to be electricity, but i wouldnt preclude it either. Only fact in my opinion is still that it has to be a local thing.

Electricity or something like wifi, bluetooth etc. are the only things i could imagine, if its no virus.

My neighbour, whos room is maybe 10 meters away from mine, dont got any problems, wouldnt he be affected from wifi noises for example too?"

 

I know that the electricity or voltage get filtered by the psu etc. but when the mainboardpart is so easy to damage maybe it cant be filtered everything out?

Im no expert in these things but as this problem is really weird I wanna check any possible options 

 

At your friends house, theres also other Wi-Fi etc. and your friend doesnt got prolems, so the only option is, that the PC had the mistake before.
If we preclude electricity because of that, we would have to preclude the whole location thing, do we?

If electricy or voltage would be the cause , we already would have the answer or solution cause many people tried that.

Belive me this wouldnt be a 3 years old topic if it would be electricy/voltage.

 

Maybe it plays a role somehow but still its not the source of the problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpeedUp10 said:

If electricy or voltage would be the cause , we already would have the answer or solution cause many people tried that.

Belive me this wouldnt be a 3 years old topic if it would be electricy/voltage.

 

Maybe it plays a role somehow but still its not the source of the problem

The question is what can we do to find the source

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly don't know what to say or suggest anymore. I'm baffled. 

 

Haven't experienced the issue myself, but I really want to help you guys get to the bottom of it, regardless. Unfortunately, at this point I'm out of ideas... :( 

 

It must be affecting so few people that it hasn't become widely known. If it had, this would be all over YT and all the major YT tech channels would be covering it. 

 

Is there a Reddit topic for this yet? 


My Systems:

Gaming:

Spoiler

RUSTIC PC: FX-8350 @4.6GHz // Deepcool Gammaxx 400 // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB DDR3 @1600MHz // Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4G // Samsung 840 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Seagate 7200 HDDs // Cooler Master V650 PSU // Vintage wooden crate enclosure // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter // Build Log

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Linux Mint 19 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon

 

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

 

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // Corsair 1x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problems with my laptop. I want to buy a completely new one and forget. Do you really think that the same thing is going to happen with a new laptop?

Link to post
Share on other sites

How is it possible that you buy completely new laptop and the same problems appear? It means that I'm cursed with jagged aa, pop-ins, low LOD etc. forever, regardless of what laptop I buy? It's ridiculous...it is not just that I don't believe you, I really do. But why the same problems are going to appear in my new laptop? My friend has a laptop with very similar specification to mine and his laptop works fine, I had the same image quality when I bought my current laptop. Is it software-related? I have only three games installed and some documents on my hard disk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kamil_PL said:

How is it possible that you buy completely new laptop and the same problems appear? It means that I'm cursed with jagged aa, pop-ins, low LOD etc. forever, regardless of what laptop I buy? It's ridiculous...it is not just that I don't believe you, I really do. But why the same problems are going to appear in my new laptop? My friend has a laptop with very similar specification to mine and his laptop works fine, I had the same image quality when I bought my current laptop. Is it software-related? I have only three games installed and some documents on my hard disk. 

We dont know what causes these issues, thats the problem. I got that problem since summer 2015 now.

It has to be location depending, because as I said I still got it with a complete new PC but my friends dont have any problems.. tried nearly anything. (Hardware changes, PSU (because of electricity), different windows versions etc.
But what exactly causes this shit, well thats the 1 million dollar question..

Link to post
Share on other sites

They found some problem with my motherboard (it's under warranty hopefully), i also updated my gpu.

So, try this guys - upgrade your gpu, upgrade your mobo and calibrate the monitor, using settings from tom's hardware site (it got calibration settings for almost every monitor).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lisonka said:

They found some problem with my motherboard (it's under warranty hopefully), i also updated my gpu.

So, try this guys - upgrade your gpu, upgrade your mobo and calibrate the monitor, using settings from tom's hardware site (it got calibration settings for almost every monitor).

your problem is gone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2016 at 11:37 PM, MarkFMB said:

Has anyone moved house and tried not bringing anything from his old house? Like buying new pc and all its peripherals new, including screens, new tv, consoles, external hds etc.etc.? Cause that's what i'm planning on trying when i move out on my own. Selling pc, ps4, screens, peripherals etc.etc. and buy everything new. Wipe external hds and throw them in the junk.  Buy new tv, new cables, new router with a new internet connection for the new house. New pendrives. Not accessing to any file that i might have stored online in cloud storages on my new devices. Everything. Might takes some time, 1 year or more to reach that point, but that's the plan. If that doesn't work i dunno what will.

Meanwhile i've started enjoying games again on pc. DSR + tweaking of inis and Nvidia control panels + SweetFX makes most titles ALMOST normal. Some things like blocky shadows shaped like chainsaws crawling everywhere or fucking triangle shaped jaggy shadows on characters faces out of nowhere will never die i guess... and some staircase white jaggies still remain... but MOSTLY you can manage to make them look normal (even if you have to spend a good 2 hours tweaking a game before you can even play it). On my PS4 the matter is totally different. Can't do anything there, so i'm really cringing when playing it, like feeling like i want to poke my eyes out and throw the console out of the window... but i'm enduring painfully for the exclusives i want to play (hang in there FFXV, i'll finish you even if you look like a ps2 game someone shit on sometimes... i promise brah <3).

To anyone saying "OMG YOU'RE ALL MAD, THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL", i had like a 16-17 years old son of a friends' couple here tonight, and i hook him up on my ps4 cause he was getting bored. He tried some FFXV and after 10 minutes he comes to me and says "WOW Graphics are really awesome on this game... but what are those white flashing lines and shapes on grates, poles and straight stuff? And why shadows and foliage are flickering like that? That's not normal i think you have some issues with tv or ps or something". Took him 10 minutes to notice, didn't even tell him anything beforehand cause i was curious if he would notice or if it's normal as some unhelpful chaps around the internet claim. I was so happy i almost wanted to kiss him (ofc i didn't).

This is honestly the weirdest and more mysterious issue i ever had with something technology-related. It's clear by now that the whole issue is shadow acne tbh. It's not aliasing or anything imho. It's something totally fucking up and messing with the shadow mapping. What and how is mysterious though, cause something like that should surely be SW related, but that wouldn't explain how and why it passes through hardware as it's apparent it does by now...

Have you tried uncharted 4?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem as you but after I moved to another apartment, I tried several games (deus ex mankind divided, doom, no man sky) and I have no problem and the quality of the graphics is better. I have the ps4 pro and i tried killzone 3 and bloodborne is the quality of graphics is terrible, i thought my ps4 is infecte but after buying uncharted 4 oh my god it's the best graphic game .Now i think i have this problem only on some games (the witcher 3 , firewatch...)

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK guys new comp i 3 6100 with integrated gpu ( I was too scared to buy anything better ) and the graphic is shit from the start  , however I did not get any blue screens or anything abnormal . The graphic is just shit from the start so yeah nothing new here guys . Right now there is no point for me to buy graphic card 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darksquall said:

OK guys new comp i 3 6100 with integrated gpu ( I was too scared to buy anything better ) and the graphic is shit from the start  , however I did not get any blue screens or anything abnormal . The graphic is just shit from the start so yeah nothing new here guys . Right now there is no point for me to buy graphic card 

Shouldn't be any surprise of the graphics look like garbage in the Intel integrated graphics because you have to have the settings turned way down. 


My Systems:

Gaming:

Spoiler

RUSTIC PC: FX-8350 @4.6GHz // Deepcool Gammaxx 400 // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB DDR3 @1600MHz // Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4G // Samsung 840 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Seagate 7200 HDDs // Cooler Master V650 PSU // Vintage wooden crate enclosure // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter // Build Log

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Linux Mint 19 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon

 

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

 

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // Corsair 1x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Shouldn't be any surprise of the graphics look like garbage in the Intel integrated graphics because you have to have the settings turned way down. 

I tested MORROWIND , you dont understand the problem because you are not affected by this problem here is the video for you watch with adnotations ON and in HD 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycIPcRmZi2I&index=3&list=FLRyZAtY7sj9OQvlu2VftfAw

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, darksquall said:

I tested MORROWIND , you dont understand the problem because you are not affected by this problem here is the video for you watch with adnotations ON and in HD 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycIPcRmZi2I&index=3&list=FLRyZAtY7sj9OQvlu2VftfAw

 

 

 

Ok, this is the first good footage of this issue that actually shows what the problem is. I think someone posted another way back of AC Syndicate, but it wasn't as obvious. 

 

So, to clarify; you're saying (people who have this issue) is that it did not look like this originally? And at some point it you just started the game one day and it looked like this instead?

 

I have seen similar affects/anomalies in certain games, where any AA setting doesn't improve the jaggies (and in some cases makes it look worse), yet with no AA or FXAA only, it looks much better. Rise of the Tomb Raider is one. Here's a video I recorded a while back of this example: 

 

Keep an eye on the icicles and edge of the rock.

Let me know what you think...


My Systems:

Gaming:

Spoiler

RUSTIC PC: FX-8350 @4.6GHz // Deepcool Gammaxx 400 // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB DDR3 @1600MHz // Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4G // Samsung 840 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Seagate 7200 HDDs // Cooler Master V650 PSU // Vintage wooden crate enclosure // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter // Build Log

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Linux Mint 19 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon

 

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

 

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // Corsair 1x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

 

So, to clarify; you're saying (people who have this issue) is that it did not look like this originally? And at some point it you just started the game one day and it looked like this instead?

 

For me it started half a year ago in heavily modded fallout 3 and its here to stay no matter what I do .

Many people claimed that it started with a certain gta 5 update but for other it started randomly or after upgrading graphic card .

I sold my beast PC and 2 graphic cards to buy this crap i 3 and its here from the beginning

 

 

In your video worse antyaliasing doing better job , fxaa get the job done

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, darksquall said:

For me it started half a year ago in heavily modded fallout 3 and its here to stay no matter what I do .

Many people claimed that it started with a certain gta 5 update but for other it started randomly or after upgrading graphic card .

I sold my beast PC and 2 graphic cards to buy this crap i 3 and its here from the beginning

 

 

In your video worse antyaliasing doing better job , fxaa get the job done

For me it started 7 months ago. I had reinstalled my windows , i started " The Division"  and everything looked like worse, quality,jagged edges more visible, flimmering, blurriness, i tested all my other games , and somehow every game had same behaviours which they never had before. Keep in mind that i played these game houres before i reinstalled windows perfectly fine like a dream compared to now.

 

Everything started after i started "The Division" it triggered smth but dont know what.

 

Sounds dumb as fk, i know, but it is like i said. Belive or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A comparison video to show just how bad this shit can be and how it can be made "tolerable" at least, watch at 1080p or it won't really show fully.

So this is Dishonored 2 played with everything high/ultra, every effect, at 1080p resolution, with FXAA and without any third party / control panel postoprocessing and or editing.
As you can see the shimmering and the now infamous "white jaggies" are everywhere and the game look like an awful mess.
 


Here is the same take with 4k dsr, TXAA, SweeFX to add SMAA and Lumasharpen (cause TXAA+DSR make stuff blurry as f***), some nvidia inspector tweak to lod and anisotropic filter. As you can see the game looks ALMOST (90%) decent and normal, although some residual shimmering and weird geometric shadows on some areas are still there (other than the fact the FPS dropped drastically, but i have a 970 g1 gigabyte, so this amount of detail, dsr and postprocessing is obviously gonna kill my fps, but i prefer shitty fps than shitty looking game tbh...).
 


I don't think i need to add here that the first video does not look normal. And that to get a decent looking image/game the amount of extra (and external) post-processing needed to try and correct this shit SHOULD not be needed in the slightest. Especially because we can't all afford 3k euros/dollars pc to get the hardwared needed to enforce all that shit while maintaining decent FPS.

Also, the more we look at this in videos and screens, the more the problem seems to be the shadow mapping. This is defo shadow acne.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×