Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Guys this  problem we have has nothing to do with bad drivers or game optimizations. It also has nothing to do with ur electricy or voltage.

Its smth software-wise. I bought 2 Pcs like i said in my previous post , i was able to fix it with a completly new PC , BUT it came back after i got 2 bluescreens, could be just unlucky or whatever but yeah, i was able to fix it 2 times temporarily. The other one was at my friends house, so also other electricy. We put his amd gpu in my pc and it was fixed completly TILL we restarted the games. So it proves its not electricy . At this point the only fix would be buy everything new. 

At the end of this month i will try smth with a new amd gpu, will update if it works or not.

Also this problem get triggered by GAMES, idk why how ... but its like that, games trigger this issue 100%.

For me the problem started right after i installed " The Division" after i closed the game it was here.

SpeedUp10

Does this only affects games or windows and videos too? 
I have the problem with FUZZY screen in everywhere and the aliasing problem in most of the games

darksquall

Yup. Looks like the same problem. What to do... What to do...
I even made it through 99 pages of nvidia forums, not mentioning Tom's hardware and such.
No luck :(
Most of my friends don't see any problem and since I am living in a hell-hole called Belarus, we don't have any reliable service that can deal with this

22 minutes ago, Lisonka said:

SpeedUp10

Does this only affects games or windows and videos too? 
I have the problem with FUZZY screen in everywhere and the aliasing problem in most of the games

For me it only happen in games, atleast i think so, i have this issue for like 7 month now , so idk what is normal and what not anymore...

Guys, I know it sounds retarded, but it getts much better late night. Maybe it has something to do with voltage after all?

19 hours ago, Lisonka said:

Guys, I know it sounds retarded, but it getts much better late night. Maybe it has something to do with voltage after all?

Nope

Guys can someone make video when is this normal and when you have this problem on same settings and aa and resolution ? so I can see what is the diferrence and try find something, thx but I need video that clearly proves it with showed settings, if you have friend where it is normal and where it is not than record it on same settings and post videos on some download site to download video not youtube, ty, If I see a real problem I will glad try to help you

Because I thought I had this problem too on new pc but I have seen it on all my friends PCs too, so I want to see video where it is normal and where it is not if you can ( same settins of course)

Guys, maybe you know some other threads or forums (alive ones) where people discuss this problem? (Apart from long-dead 99 pages nvidia thread)

GUYS! Suddenly!
I did two things (which I really really suggest to all of you).
1.) Contact your local psychiatrist and ask him for anexity pills. 
2.) Switched to my discreet videocard. Problem practicly gone. Like I am typing all of this after switching my monitor to VERY BRIGHT SRGB setting and get litteraly no problems with fonts or flickering white.
Maybe it's the pill, maybe it's my video card but, you know what? Scratch that. I'll just change my gpu and live a happy life from now on.
All hail proscriptional tranqualizers.

Dear Users!

My name's Kamil and I'm from Poland.  For a several months I've been looking for a solution to my problem. Around six months ago I bought my new laptop:
ASUS R556L
GeForce 940M 2 GB
8GB RAM
Intel i5 5200u

For the first months everything was working fine and the image quality was good - I was able to play Witcher 3 with medium graphic settings (without anti-aliasing) and the graphics was looking really great for me (even with visible aliasing and jagged edges) I was also able to play with the same settings Dragon Age: Inquisition. Suddenly one day I launched the game (I didn't update my Nvidia drivers since I've bought my laptop) and what struck me immediately was how graphics got worse. I didn't care much about aliasing because it was not so visible and annoying but now it got really worse. Soon I started noticing that the amount of pop-ins are increasing. There were a lot more jagged edges, flickering and shimmering appeared also. Lod bias and thus sharpness and graininess of textures started being completely damaged. Since then, the image quality is gradually dropping. I decided to enable anti-aliasing in Witcher 3 and it was better for a two weeks but then one day, the image quality dropped again. Now it looks really horrible, even with anti-aliasing on. I reseted my Windows 10, but the problem persist.

If there is no solution to this problem then I don't waste time worrying about it, but it's really, really frustrating.

I'm going to buy a new laptop, but I'm afraid that the problem will appear again after several weeks/months. Should I trust Nvidia and risk buying a laptop with Nvidia's GPU?

Sadly, there's no solution yet. I'm on laptop too, and it's been now close of a year i have this problem. I didn't bother buy a new one, because few members here already tried once or twice, and it kept coming back. So don't waste any money, and the only thing i can tell you is to get used to it. I did. I sure hope like everyone experiencing this matter that someday it may be fixed.

Dear jinx33,

thank you for your reply.

Image quality in my laptop is gradually dropping and I don't know how to stop it from getting worse. Does it mean that even if I buy a new laptop, the problem will appear again? I don't understand...does it mean that the world is divided into the people whose laptops or PCs work always fine and the people whose laptops or PCs have always worse image quality after a few weeks/months after purchasing a new one? There has to be some explanation for this. Is it my electricity, voltage or software? I don't get it...

How is it possible that these few members had the same problem after buying completely new PC or laptop? - that's completely a new machine...Those who have AMD graphics cards struggle with the same problem?

4 hours ago, Kamil_PL said:

Dear jinx33,

thank you for your reply.

Image quality in my laptop is gradually dropping and I don't know how to stop it from getting worse. Does it mean that even if I buy a new laptop, the problem will appear again? I don't understand...does it mean that the world is divided into the people whose laptops or PCs work always fine and the people whose laptops or PCs have always worse image quality after a few weeks/months after purchasing a new one? There has to be some explanation for this. Is it my electricity, voltage or software? I don't get it...

How is it possible that these few members had the same problem after buying completely new PC or laptop? - that's completely a new machine...Those who have AMD graphics cards struggle with the same problem?

SpeedUp10 already tested brand new PC and it showed the same graphical errors so yeah .

For me best bet is the bad electricity . I ran some tests with my friend he bring his playstation 3 to my apartment , he lives in the different part of the city , as soon as I connected it to my socket same graphical errors showed (shimmering , jaggies , pop ins) console was fine in his apartment . He checked his console back in his apartment and the problems persisted , console is damaged forever .

Right now I'm trying to buy cheap PC some basic shit i3 for test purposes.

Gonna connect it with this UPS

https://www.morele.net/ups-powerwalker-line-interactive-800va-480w-2x-pl-230v-pure-sine-rj11-rj45-usb-lcd-vi-800-sw-fr-643545/

Site is in Polish but you guys can use google translator , it have automatic voltage regulator .

I'm not sure, but I have something what may cause deterioration of image quality on my laptop. This can be seen in the pictures below. Look at the pin endings of the power cord - they are "scratched" (I don't know if this is a good word for it), there are here even little black spots. I remember that one day the power was down in my wall socket, so I decided to connect the power adaptor into another electrical outlet. Sometimes electrical socket emit sparks when I plug the power cord into electrical socket.

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

On 24.11.2016 at 4:15 PM, Lisonka said:

GUYS! Suddenly!
I did two things (which I really really suggest to all of you).
1.) Contact your local psychiatrist and ask him for anexity pills. 
2.) Switched to my discreet videocard. Problem practicly gone. Like I am typing all of this after switching my monitor to VERY BRIGHT SRGB setting and get litteraly no problems with fonts or flickering white.
Maybe it's the pill, maybe it's my video card but, you know what? Scratch that. I'll just change my gpu and live a happy life from now on.
All hail proscriptional tranqualizers.

you got a notebook? also could you link a discreet videocard, didnt really found something when i googled it.

17 hours ago, ManniMeister31 said:

you got a notebook? also could you link a discreet videocard, didnt really found something when i googled it.

I meant I turned on my motherboard video (not discreet). The weak videocard that goes with my motherboard

Ok, wow. This thread/topic is still alive... lol

For the last time, everyone, THIS IS NOT A POWER OR ELECTRICITY RELATED ISSUE. If it is real problem it is most likely software related. 

Where I live now we have probably the worst/dirty power. The house is from the 1850's (no that's not a typo) and the wiring in the house is maybe from the 1950's. We get power outages, brown out's and surges all the time (it's an old farm house out in the country). My PC has never been affected and does not have this graphical issue. Just this past Friday, we had a tree branch rub on the main lines in the high winds and it took out one of the phases coming in, so the whole house was at half power, basically. It even somehow blew out 4 new fluorescent light ballasts in my wife's workshop. Through all of this, my PC never even shut off and remained completely unaffected. 

Why? Because it's like I've said many times before when this topic has come up; the PSU conditions the power being delivered to the PC and the power delivery circuitry on the graphics card does the same. There is NO WAY dirty/unclean power can affect the way a GPU renders games or the visual quality. It's simply not possible.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Ok guys Elijah just replied to me and he said he was able to fix the issue. 

I just quote the important stuff:

"Last night I thought to myself that I should test the CMOS purity (Check it for bad info) Turns out clearing the CMOS did help a bit to reduce flickering and fix the Screen Space Reflection Ailaising but did not fix it. So I know that the problem was in the NVRAM but what was causing it to stay in the NVRAM or CMOS? The answer was obvious and I hate to say it but it's due to a Damaged NorthBridge in the MOBO Chipset. You can search about it on google but just to give you a summary: it's a sensitive piece and anything from high voltage to Wi-Fi noise or overloading can damage it and in my case it was the temperature. Northbridge is important to graphic rendering as it interconnects the Super I/O and ram to PCI-e or the GPU . Now I know that you may be thinking that why would it effect many people in different circumstances? this goes back to CMOS which is a chip that stores information in itself and loads the same damned information to NVRAM and the information itself was injected into CMOS as a security measure (Ironic huh? we already thought of a virus).

Now I know you got a new PC as I read in one of the forum posts but I just wanted to let you know if it ever happens to you again, just clear the CMOS, restart the device with GPU installed to get a boot code of 99. Then you know that the GPU kernel boot is reset to the default (You have to do this so that the corrupt North bridge data does not transfer to new parts- I'm not sure about this part but clearly the GPU Kernel reads the nvram data as well). Then turn off the PC and throw the fucking motherboard out the window."

So basically he says u have to do a cmos reset , then boot the pc with gpu installed. Then wait for the boot code 99 (this code can be different check mainboard) so the NVRAM and gpu kernel boot resets, then turn of the pc dont go any longer than the code part and throw away the mainboard and get a new one replaced in.

He says this fixed it for him. So give it a try. I also try this when im able to get a new board .

3 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

"Last night I thought to myself that I should test the CMOS purity (Check it for bad info) Turns out clearing the CMOS did help a bit to reduce flickering and fix the Screen Space Reflection Ailaising but did not fix it. So I know that the problem was in the NVRAM but what was causing it to stay in the NVRAM or CMOS? The answer was obvious and I hate to say it but it's due to a Damaged NorthBridge in the MOBO Chipset. You can search about it on google but just to give you a summary: it's a sensitive piece and anything from high voltage to Wi-Fi noise or overloading can damage it and in my case it was the temperature. Northbridge is important to graphic rendering as it interconnects the Super I/O and ram to PCI-e or the GPU . Now I know that you may be thinking that why would it effect many people in different circumstances? this goes back to CMOS which is a chip that stores information in itself and loads the same damned information to NVRAM and the information itself was injected into CMOS as a security measure (Ironic huh? we already thought of a virus).

Now I know you got a new PC as I read in one of the forum posts but I just wanted to let you know if it ever happens to you again, just clear the CMOS, restart the device with GPU installed to get a boot code of 99. Then you know that the GPU kernel boot is reset to the default (You have to do this so that the corrupt North bridge data does not transfer to new parts- I'm not sure about this part but clearly the GPU Kernel reads the nvram data as well). Then turn off the PC and throw the fucking motherboard out the window."

So basically he says u have to do a cmos reset , then boot the pc with gpu installed. Then wait for the boot code 99 (this code can be different check mainboard) so the NVRAM and gpu kernel boot resets, then turn of the pc dont go any longer than the code part and throw away the mainboard and get a new one replaced in.

He says this fixed it for him. So give it a try. I also try this when im able to get a new board .

Thanks but I do how for my tv and my ps3

15 hours ago, SpeedUp10 said:

So if I get this right, theres a part of the mainboard which is very sensible, which got us these troubles.

The good thing about that would be, that only the mainboard has to be removed and not the expensive GPU and/or CPU.

That would mean that i could build my GPU in a friends PC (maybe better an old one^^) and it would work fine, or am i mistaken? Would be worth a test.

The thing is that i got a complete new pc, as well as my brother. Different mainboard, different everything.

So the troublemaker has to be local (my friends who live in the same city dont got any problems.) 

As he writes "anything from high voltage to Wi-Fi noise or overloading can damage it"

So electricity can be a thing..

But the question that remains is how to get rid of the thing (whatever it is) which causes the damage on the mainboard ?!

Gonna talk with my electrician the other day, gonna cost a bit i guess but I will check up my voltage etc. 

Dont know much about Wi-Fi noises but between my old and my new pc we got new internet and a new router, so I dont think that is the problem in my case.

(could be wrong tho)

370px-Motherboard_diagram.svg.png

One major problem; There is no such thing as a north bridge and hasn't been for many generations of motherboards for a long time now. Many of the functions of the north bridge have been integrated into the CPU die. We only have a "south bridge" or PCH on modern motherboards. So this whole theory/process is pretty much useless.

Please, everyone, do not start doing this and throwing away perfectly good motherboards. Also, stop wasting your money on replacing some or all of your system components.

I still have yet to see any proper/clear evidence that this issue is even a real thing to begin with.  

Also, for the last time; it cannot be caused by unclean power by the very fact that the PSU and power delivery circuitry on the motherboard pre-conditions the power to within extremely tight regulation before it reaches any sensitive component(s). If the PSU fails to protect against unclean power, then system components will simply fail and the whole system will shut off/cease to function. It will not cause specific degraded visuals (poor AA etc.) in games and on the desktop. I don't know why so many of you are glazing over this fact.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS