Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Look guys, some of the problems posted here recently might be software related. Please try everything possible like wiping out your hard disk and clean installing windows or even changing the entire system or everything that you can do to fix the issue. If you don't think that you can think of wiping your hard disk or changing the parts of your pc or buying an entire new pc just yet and there are other things that are left out to try before going that extreme, then please research properly, your problem might have been solved somewhere in the internet already. I think that here we are talking about specific set of issues that don't go away from what have been tried already, please read that moderator post somewhere in the thread. Thank you. And I don't encourage you to buy new hardware or wiping out your disks to solve any problem that still has not been properly tried at.

I just downloaded RDR2 and I’m thankful because it’s one of the few games where it’s very hard to notice. (That along with Fallout 4). I was putting off buying it for so long because of this bug, and bought it yesterday and just prayed it wouldn’t be too bad. It’s strange how it’s so bad (practically unplayable) in GTA V but in Red Dead 2 it still looks good. You’d think a newer game would have it much more.

3 minutes ago, Pglew99 said:

I just downloaded RDR2 and I’m thankful because it’s one of the few games where it’s very hard to notice. (That along with Fallout 4). I was putting off buying it for so long because of this bug, and bought it yesterday and just prayed it wouldn’t be too bad. It’s strange how it’s so bad (practically unplayable) in GTA V but in Red Dead 2 it still looks good. You’d think a newer game would have it much more.

Thanks to Temporal Aliasing.

Warhammer Vermentide 2 is complete ugly... It offers TAA and FXAA (or no) and all of it looks horrible. Pretty much the same look than The Outer Worlds. I wonder why TAA is looking good in your games. In these two for me, it definitely doesn't. Espescially fire effects or hair are just looking ...broken. Sekiro is looking great btw. (All from software games)

5 hours ago, Gmed said:

Warhammer Vermentide 2 is complete ugly... It offers TAA and FXAA (or no) and all of it looks horrible. Pretty much the same look than The Outer Worlds. I wonder why TAA is looking good in your games. In these two for me, it definitely doesn't. Espescially fire effects or hair are just looking ...broken. Sekiro is looking great btw. (All from software games)

TAA doesn't offer anti-aliasing solution. The blur filter from TAA helps in blurring the scene and jaggies. Ultimately, it doesn't look good but it's a temporary fix for someone who wants to play games with the issue.

i found something interesting

On 5/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, rajl said:

Look guys, some of the problems posted here recently might be software related. Please try everything possible like wiping out your hard disk and clean installing windows or even changing the entire system or everything that you can do to fix the issue. If you don't think that you can think of wiping your hard disk or changing the parts of your pc or buying an entire new pc just yet and there are other things that are left out to try before going that extreme, then please research properly, your problem might have been solved somewhere in the internet already. I think that here we are talking about specific set of issues that don't go away from what have been tried already, please read that moderator post somewhere in the thread. Thank you. And I don't encourage you to buy new hardware or wiping out your disks to solve any problem that still has not been properly tried at.

Please read all pages in this topic, don't repeat others people statments like parrot!

13 hours ago, Strider890 said:

Please read all pages in this topic, don't repeat others people statments like parrot!

Yes I have read them.

And I know that there is no solution yet.

Some guys just built a new AMD system and the problems went away very briefly.

But then reappeared. And by the way I have had this issue for 10 years now, so I know what you guys are talking about. I know that this is not related to any particular device because I have had it on three or four different phones like Nokia n81 and then all the following android devices,consoles like Xbox 360 and PS4 and not to forget the pcs of course. So yeah I know what I am talking about.

Hi.

I'm experiencing similar things in some games on my new system that I built last month. On newer games (Red Dead Redemption 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Battlefield 5, F1 2019, etc) I harldy notice any graphical issues (except a lot of aliasing but I'm not 100% sure if I had that before) but I'm currently having them in 2 older games (Sleeping Dogs and Battlefield Bad Company 2).

In Sleeping Dogs my issue is that my draw distance seems somewhat low (shadows from far are very jagged but if I come closer they are normal; I get texture pop-in). I could fix the aliasing by running the game in 4K using Nvidia DSR (it's not perfect but way better). But I thought maybe it's a game problem.
Now in Battlefield Bad Company 2 I'm 100% sure that something is not right. I was playing this game before I bought a new PC on my old hardware and the game looked perfectly normal. Now I have lots of pop-ins in the distance and I'm 100% certain that was not the case before.

I suspect it's something concerning Anisotropic Filtering or Ambient Occlusion but changing these in Nvidia Control Panel don't change anything. So I'm completely lost. Seems like lots of people have similar things and this worries me. What's the problem everyone's having?

My old system (where I seemingly had no problem):
Intel Core i5 4690k

EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB

16GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM

600W ModXStream PSU

My new system:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X 8GB

32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz RAM

750W Aorus P750 PSU

21 hours ago, DerGefallene said:

Hi.

I'm experiencing similar things in some games on my new system that I built last month. On newer games (Red Dead Redemption 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Battlefield 5, F1 2019, etc) I harldy notice any graphical issues (except a lot of aliasing but I'm not 100% sure if I had that before) but I'm currently having them in 2 older games (Sleeping Dogs and Battlefield Bad Company 2).

In Sleeping Dogs my issue is that my draw distance seems somewhat low (shadows from far are very jagged but if I come closer they are normal; I get texture pop-in). I could fix the aliasing by running the game in 4K using Nvidia DSR (it's not perfect but way better). But I thought maybe it's a game problem.
Now in Battlefield Bad Company 2 I'm 100% sure that something is not right. I was playing this game before I bought a new PC on my old hardware and the game looked perfectly normal. Now I have lots of pop-ins in the distance and I'm 100% certain that was not the case before.

I suspect it's something concerning Anisotropic Filtering or Ambient Occlusion but changing these in Nvidia Control Panel don't change anything. So I'm completely lost. Seems like lots of people have similar things and this worries me. What's the problem everyone's having?

My old system (where I seemingly had no problem):
Intel Core i5 4690k

EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB

16GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM

600W ModXStream PSU

My new system:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X 8GB

32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz RAM

750W Aorus P750 PSU

can you check it right now from your old pc? same games at the same time? try that

6 minutes ago, Kelums said:

can you check it right now from your old pc? same games at the same time? try that

Sadly I cannot because I sold my old pc.

However: I found some video clips I recorded earlier this year in Bad Company 2 on my old PC. Oddly enough: The same low LOD is present here as well (jaggy shadows or missing objects unless you get closer) and while I didn't have footage of the map I played yesterday (Arica Harbor, where the object popping in the distance was extremely visible), in an end-cutscene in the vietnam addon, I also had texture and object popping. So it really seems like in my case it seems to be game-tied and I only noticed it with my new system but it was always there.

It started when I was playing FIFA 20 on my new PC for the first time and noticed that the aliasing was really low in arena mode. In an older video I saw that it was always like that and it seems like because I've got this beefy system now, I expect things to look their absolute best and expected so much that it seems to me that games are looking much worse now even though they've always looked like that.

I'm only speaking from my POV obviously. Either those games are really meant to look the way they do or there really seems to be some sort of problem where you can get "infected" and I've been a victim on my old system but I never really noticed until now. Gotta live with it (at least in Bad Company 2 there is an enhanced Draw Distance mod. The developer confirmed that these problems are indeed normal) but I hope y'all will find something. Will definitely remember this thread

OK GUYS I FOUND A TEMPORARY FIX FOR SHIMMERING AND ALIASING.(NVIDIA USERS ONLY SORRY AMD USERS)

THIS ISSUE IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING IVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR SOLUTIONS FOR OVER 10YEARS NOW.

HERE JUST FOLLOW THIS GUIDE: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-anti-aliasing-guide-updated.357956/

YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS USE "SGSSAA 4X" OR ABOVE IN EVERY GAME BECAUSE THE ALIASING STILL NOTICEABLE ON "SGSSAA 2X" 

BE AWARE THAT NOT ALL DX10+ GAMES ARE SUPPORTED SOME WILL WORK AND SOME WILL DOESNT. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT ONE BY ONE

HERE'S THE LIST OF ALL GAMES AA FLAGS AND THAT TESTED AND WORK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1ekUZsK2YXgd5XjjH1M7QkHIQgKO_i4bHCUdPeAd6OCo/pub?output=html

I'am out, this fucking issue never be resolved my phone have this issue, my pc have this issue, my ps4 have this issue and my all fucking tv have this issue 

TAA at it's "best" in Fallout 76. Max settings, 1440p.

Jagged edges, shimmering objects and flickering shadows in Life is Strange. Due to youtube compression, visibility of the problem is greatly reduced (but it's still visible). Max settings, 8x MSAA + FXAA, 1440p.

I am not an expert. But if it isn't hardware related I would think it's software related. That would make me think it's a driver issue. I usually go for the simplest solution first and work my way down to the harder stuff like swapping out hardware. Usually I don't get that far cause the simple solution usually fixes my issues. 

When Rockstar updates RDR2 it will mess with my graphics settings. You could try that if you haven't already. 

Just a little question to everyone: Are you 100% certain that you didn't have any AA problems before you noticed it? I know that you will think that you knew how your games looked like before but I'm personally someone who records lots of clips and I'm suddenly bugged by bad AA in games as well. Though in older clips I've seen that I always had bad AA, I just never paid attention too much. Do you have "proof" that something's changed? No offense, genuine question.

My father bought a Laptop for his work yesterday and i tried games on the Laptop and guess what ...

THE PRETTY SAME ISSUE THAT MY PC HAS

so i really don't know what is the problem then

21 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

My father bought a Laptop for his work yesterday and i tried games on the Laptop and guess what ...

THE PRETTY SAME ISSUE THAT MY PC HAS

so i really don't know what is the problem then

did you recharge the laptop?

Hi friends! I have a bad English, so I use Google translator. 

Could it be that the problem is transmitted Wi-Fi, and not through electricity?

1 hour ago, Sanspooky said:

did you recharge the laptop?

yes 

i tries the games while plugged in/off the charger 

the same thing

5 hours ago, ixDriger said:

yes 

i tries the games while plugged in/off the charger 

the same thing

well this is a definitively prove than dirty energy cause this

6 hours ago, Alastor_Pride said:

Hi friends! I have a bad English, so I use Google translator. 

Could it be that the problem is transmitted Wi-Fi, and not through electricity?

nope, its dirty power 

I have complete new pc and i thought the video card is the problem but no

I have tried games on my laptop and they look exactly the same so that also means its not monitor or cable problem. 

I just dont know what it is hope we will get fix soon it drives me crazy becouse i can remember games was not looked like this.

2 hours ago, Sanspooky said:

nope, its dirty power 

but why then the problem is not solved in other houses?