Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Take a look with unigine heaven benchmark (settings all ultra and 8x aa) and a zotac gtx 1080 amp extreme.

Is this normal?????

i start to think the troubles are totaly different.

I can see those bugs on TV sometimes, i can see them on my psp... YES ON MY PSP!!!

My wife saw them too! She told me she never saw this before on games too...

EDIT:

I see it really hard on my psp. But on this video = NOTHING. I really can't understand it :(

16 hours ago, nicola46bis said:

Take a look with unigine heaven benchmark (settings all ultra and 8x aa) and a zotac gtx 1080 amp extreme.

Is this normal?????

I could see a bit of flickering on the railing of the ship, but nothing too crazy. Will run this on my 1070 and record it tonight (if I have time) and post it up tomorrow to compare. Will use the same settings.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

On 26/4/2017 at 3:24 PM, MEC-777 said:

I could see a bit of flickering on the railing of the ship, but nothing too crazy. Will run this on my 1070 and record it tonight (if I have time) and post it up tomorrow to compare. Will use the same settings.

I can assure you that's seriously crazy. In the video seems to be all normal due to youtube compression

Yup i got the same trouble.

ESO for example, is really a damn flickering xmas tree, but on my video, compression (first one to capture) and youtube compression, make it near unspotable.

The benchmark is using lot of your computer capacity so the "stream" is bad to see flickering.

Anyway, my GPU is now at the shop, they will test it soon. I will give feed back as i always do.

For my PSP, the screen took humidity (since long, i can see "water" dot in the screen) so i ordered a new screen (i needed to do it anyway). May be it will solve something? Same i will give a feedback anyway!

1 minute ago, lordante said:

Yup i got the same trouble.

ESO for example, is really a damn flickering xmas tree, but on my video, compression (first one to capture) and youtube compression, make it near unspotable.

The benchmark is using lot of your computer capacity so the "stream" is bad to see flickering.

Anyway, my GPU is now at the shop, they will test it soon. I will give feed back as i always do.

For my PSP, the screen took humidity (since long, i can see "water" dot in the screen) so i ordered a new screen (i needed to do it anyway). May be it will solve something? Same i will give a feedback anyway!

Even my 1080 is in rma

Hey Guys, new to the forums. I finally found an active thread about this issue! Everywhere else I've looked has turned out to be a dead end.

Anyways, I started having issues with anti aliasing not working about 6 months ago. I installed a mod for GTA 5  and loaded up the game, and everything looked great. The next day I boot my computer and launch GTA, and there were an incredible amount of aliasing anomalies in the game. Textures shimmered, straight lines stairstep, and I had terrible problems with LOD. After shutting down the game, I then noticed that the problem had spread to my desktop. Icon lines were warped and aliased along with all applications and fonts displayed on the computer. It even effects video playback, making hd videos seem blurred and pixelated. 

I researched for 5 months trying to find a solution before I decided to take the nuclear option and build a new PC from scratch. And I do mean from scratch. I bought new hardware (7700k, MSI m7 gaming motherboard, gti 1080ti, 32gbs of 3000mhz ram, new ssds, new 1000w psu, new case, new surge protector,new fans, new mouse/keyboard/mic. new OS (win10 x64). At first I booted without the TI installed. Booted into the windows installer and instantly noticed the aliasing on the font. At this point I hoped it was just the shitting on-board GPU, so I finished the install. Downloaded the drivers for my 1080 TI and installed the thing and booted back into windows. BAM! Same shitty aliasing visible everywhere. In games the aliasing was a little better but only because of the huge upgrade in tech that the 1080 TI gave me. Fonts in game still looked jagged and ugly, lines and edges stairstepped and shimmered. All fences/distance landscape are full of jaggies.

After trying to solve this for the past 7 months or so I finally broke down and took the new PC into a repair shop. The guys there had never hear of the issue before but could see the aliasing I was talking about when we plugged in my tower to their monitor. This also helps challenged the theory that this issue is tied to electricity; although I can see how that is something people consider seeing as that is the only thing my two infected PCs shared in common.

I'm trying to keep up hope that they will find a solution to the issue, and if they do I will update this post for sure.

Some pics of Aliasing on desktop and ingame:

http://imgur.com/a/sQMSP

Got a simple question:

Did you change the tower (PC case? not sure about english name).

I changed all my Computer too (but one piece by one piece), and i did not change: SSD, Tower.

Can it be a trouble with the tower if people did not change it?

What about the others who make a new PC did they keep the Tower?

Damn just read again and see you did...

PS on french forum they closed topic because two "pro" morons say: "it is lod so change it and it is good" (false, i did) or "no problem here you are just idiots who looks at the edge instead of playing". Enjoy french forum...

Since i bought Outlast 2, i might record twice one section of the game to show the issue, first using FXAA then using TAA. Because the difference is like night and day, and I doubt even with a poor ant-aliasing solution it has to be that jagged, at 1080p.

Understand thought that it is clearly not the best game to show the real deal, there is still the question of why the LOD is bad and shadows don't properly display at a short distance. I wish i had a better hardware to record more games (and a better connection to upload), and yet think people could see the problem on a youtube video, they might not.

The fact is TAA is the only know solution to this bug.

So, we need someone who can explain to us the difference (technical one) between TAA and others AA.

I think the solution is in this, why does TAA work where the others fail?

EDIT:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_anti-aliasing

"Temporal aliasing is caused by the sampling rate (i.e. number of frames per second) of a scene being too low compared to the transformation speed of objects inside of the scene; this causes objects to appear to jump or appear at a location instead of giving the impression of smoothly moving towards them."

Hello everyone, It's great to know that there is an active topic about this problem. I apologize for my English, I'm writing with the help of Google Translate.

My problem, identical to yours, which does not need introductions, started five months ago. Like most here, I did almost all the tests, including practically the entire computer, just the case remains the same.

I also believe it could turn out to be an electrical problem. But I also did several tests, using two different UPS, Clamper DPS, but nothing has changed. So I took it to a friend's house, to test it in a different house. But I got no solution either. Okay, the problem may be the energy of my city, right? So when I traveled with friends, I took my PC and tested it in a city that is 150 miles from mine, but to my desperation the result was the same and the problem continues.

I will be active here on this topic if I find another solution or some other idea, as well as how I will see yours.

I apologize again for my bad English, maybe some terms you have not understood well, but any questions just ask me.

This is not electrical.

I changed Home during last years, 3 times, more than 800Km away. Tested energy saver (don't know english name, i mean the hardware piece who regulate electricity before PSU). Tested case too...

So, no, not electrical.

And, why TAA works if it is electrical? This is just impossible something software manage to resolve an electical problem.

I don't think it is screen too, because video capture use your vidéo card/CPU if i'm correct, not your screen (may be i'm false).

On 4/29/2017 at 4:06 PM, lordante said:

This is not electrical.

I changed Home during last years, 3 times, more than 800Km away. Tested energy saver (don't know english name, i mean the hardware piece who regulate electricity before PSU). Tested case too...

So, no, not electrical.

And, why TAA works if it is electrical? This is just impossible something software manage to resolve an electical problem.

I don't think it is screen too, because video capture use your vidéo card/CPU if i'm correct, not your screen (may be i'm false).

You dont understand TAA hides the problem but its still there .

TAA cannot hide very low draw distance etc 

edit 1 

2 weeks ago I got a new tablet coz my android phone sucks .

I installed games that I usually play on my infected phone without charging the tablet , battery was full when I got it and everything looked great no aliasing just great .

After first charge everything turned to shit .

The problem is 100% electrical .

Edited by darksquall

TAA, for my case, stop the bug at 99%.

I can find some bugs, but i really need to search it, for exemple, on BF1. On Titan fall 2, the bug is less but not perfect with TAA.

BF1 is the perfect exemple. To sad i cannot record it proprely right now. BUT when i switch, in game, between FXAA and TAA, it is day and night.

To be clear in FXAA i have all exact same bugs as in all other games.

And other game use FXAA ou MSAA. If i change FX to MS, i see a little changement on edge (really little) but nothing if i start moving in games, still jaggy edges.

But with TAA, all desappears, can have a little jaggy on some ridiculous little lines, but need to look after it (in BF1),  during a play session you do not have time to see it!

Ok i will ask a friend for last mass effect, i need to try TAA on this game and i will come back with results (but remember, i have a little r7 right now, so i can't push to high the settings)

Test done.

Temporal aliasing works well, some little bugs but nothing important, game looks good.

FXAA: here we go flickering edge everywhere. Impossible to play without getting mad about it.

My wife, with temproal AA "It looks great!"
My wife, with FXAA: "Unwatchable, full of flickering things" <--- even she is only looking me playing, no playing herself...

Try skyrim special edition if you own it , after leaving the tutorial cave .

Right now I dont have dedicated graphic card I basically stopped playing in winter 2016 but when I tested it on 2 gpus r 7 370 and then rx 480 I had a huge problems besides shimmering .

With TXAA 90% of shimmering was gone but I had a very ugly draw distance , and also problems with gamma correction , for example all the trees was oversaturated they looked unnatural like a made from cardboard .

I have it... ok will test.

I launch the instal right now.

Tested this morning.

So, with TAA again, it is way better, but not perfect. It is still playable and if i was not so focused on this, i will not see it at all (i can see it on railings, like in titanfall 2, those two games are dx11, in dx12 games like bf1, i think it goes even better!)

I really think it is AA. i can see, when i zoom on the part flickering, that some pixels appears and desappears all time, each time i move (character or camera). In Taa it happens too but really less, like 90% less, so, we can't see it at all (on railings you still can see it).

So, Shop tested my card.

Here the answer, in french, i will translate:

Suite aux tests réalisés dans nos ateliers, nous avons diagnostiqué votre produit comme étant fonctionnel.

Nous allons néanmoins générer une solution commerciale afin que vous puissiez changer de marque/ modèle de GPU.

Nos conseillers Clientèle ne manqueront pas de revenir vers vous pour vous tenir informé de la suite de votre retour.

After the test we have down at our workstation, we find your product is working well.
But we will find a solution fo you to be able to change the trademark or the model.
Blablabla they will contact me.

SO? Why do they accepte to change if nothing is bad?

-They have a really great service, i think it is the case anyway, so, it is not surprising me more than that.
-They know something i don't? <- speculation, but i can't remove that from my head.

Anyway, i don't know what they will offer, need to wait!

18 minutes ago, lordante said:

So, Shop tested my card.

Here the answer, in french, i will translate:

After the test we have down at our workstation, we find your product is working well.
But we will find a solution fo you to be able to change the trademark or the model.
Blablabla they will contact me.

SO? Why do they accepte to change if nothing is bad?

-They have a really great service, i think it is the case anyway, so, it is not surprising me more than that.
-They know something i don't? <- speculation, but i can't remove that from my head.

Anyway, i don't know what they will offer, need to wait!

For me, changing the graphics card did not solve the problem, so I doubt will works for you.

You know, i take this another way.

I think it will not correct it at all. But R7 did a better job than my r9... With less fps (120 fps to 47... ouch).

BUT, if they give me a good deal, i will go for a 580. Why? Simply because i will try to get a second one, and then, a 4K screen.

I think 4K will solve a lot the trouble WITH a real 4K screen (actualy i use VSR 4K on a 1080P screen).

I hope i'm in the good way, or, i will lose money :(.

I have been saying, multiple times, all along, that what a lot of people have been complaining about in these threads are normal graphical anomalies related to limited pixel density vs the level of detail in the game that is trying to render. I have also said; the only proper way to avoid such anomalies is to upgrade to a display with higher pixel density. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

IT IS NOT (sorry but it is pretty borring to ear this).

Did not have those bug before, they suddently appears. No change in hardware!

So it is not normal.

EDIT: and why R7 got x2 less jaggy than r9 so?

Edit2: 

normal graphical anomalies related to limited pixel density vs the level of detail in the game

TAA improve the pixel density of my screen?

And, like i said, in really ultra zoom i can see all AA with crazy pixels appearing and desappearing (they are note pixel, because it is bigger than one of my screen pixel).
TAA got it to but it is little mini micro dot doing this (and it make it near unspottable), so i can clearly say: it is not screen pixel related!

20 minutes ago, lordante said:

IT IS NOT (sorry but it is pretty borring to ear this).

Did not have those bug before, they suddently appears. No change in hardware!

So it is not normal.

EDIT: and why R7 got x2 less jaggy than r9 so?

I didn't say it explains what everyone is experiencing, but it does answer for what many people have complained about. The evidence provided showed this in a number of instances. Use VSR or DSR or go to a display with higher pixel density = reduced or no more jaggies. 

Why the R7 gives you less jaggies than the R9? I don't know. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Read my second edit, you missed it.

Really, nothing to see with pixel density as i said.