Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:36 PM, Marcus_V said:

Has someone tried this? It´s eletricity filter. My PC is one of infected (PC1,PC2,tried PS4 on TV). It must be external source!

It not hurts to try this eletricity filter or emi/rfi filtering power strip.

On 4/13/2020 at 1:17 AM, ixDriger said:

Lol ..... sure it is not the electricity 

if it is the electricity then you should have problems with any other electrical device (Fridge - Microwave - TV - Lights ....etc ) 

what kind of an electrical problem that causes only textures problems XD

*facepalm*

mine is worse  since i did upgrade my pc 

I can get away with TAA on (Anisotropic filtering to x16  radeon image sharpening to max to get rid of blurring ) but not all games have it

VIDEO REFERENCE

JUST CAUSE 4 totally unplayable (uninstalled it)
 FARCRY 5 / NEWDAWN   unplayable for me its like having low graphics even if it is max out
 HITMAN 2  tolerable but still have some you notice if you look for it
GEARS 5  its good you can hardly the jagged edge the shadow is good
APEX LEGEND its good if you turn on TAA

My problem appears since I upgraded to this pc  
   Ryzen 2600         

12gb ram (4gb 2133+8gb 2400)  

RX 580  4gb  powercolor

my PC BEFORE 
  intel G4560

GTX 1050TI

Guys have someone tried AVR(Automatic voltage regulator) it's a small case you plug in the outlet and then you plug pc or whatever in it. It's supposed to stabilize electricity and filter it. I was thinking about buying it but wouldn't like to waste money for nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Jokel 1 said:

Guys have someone tried AVR(Automatic voltage regulator) it's a small case you plug in the outlet and then you plug pc or whatever in it. It's supposed to stabilize electricity and filter it. I was thinking about buying it but wouldn't like to waste money for nothing. 

I have AVR.AVR didn't changed anything.

So guys.. I bought 2k monitor a.k.a 1440p and nothing changed in hearthstone. Same jaggies and shimmering on all cards, fonts etc.. Its disguisting

46 minutes ago, Jokel 1 said:

Also i've sold my pc and it works normal in that guy's house, while here both on pc and phone games look horrible

But problem is in software not in eletricity! How you dare do tell these "nah, problems is in the software guys" that probem is indeed in the eletricity?

You just shatter their all knowing ego!

* sarcasm *

Probably this elctrical filter is the respond if is it electricity problem or not..

its most likely electricity. when i got my new gpu, my monitor was going with horizontal lines and i connected it to old netfilter that was very bad in power quality. everything resolved and it worked fine for 1 month and then out of sudden this shit happenned

On 4/14/2020 at 2:09 PM, nard0728 said:

mine is worse  since i did upgrade my pc 

I can get away with TAA on (Anisotropic filtering to x16  radeon image sharpening to max to get rid of blurring ) but not all games have it

VIDEO REFERENCE

JUST CAUSE 4 totally unplayable (uninstalled it)
 FARCRY 5 / NEWDAWN   unplayable for me its like having low graphics even if it is max out
 HITMAN 2  tolerable but still have some you notice if you look for it
GEARS 5  its good you can hardly the jagged edge the shadow is good
APEX LEGEND its good if you turn on TAA

My problem appears since I upgraded to this pc  
   Ryzen 2600         

12gb ram (4gb 2133+8gb 2400)  

RX 580  4gb  powercolor

my PC BEFORE 
  intel G4560

GTX 1050TI

After watching few gameplay on youtube, Gears 5 seems to not have the issue. Other games have them if you look carefully in those walkthrough videos. Thanks for this. I was planning on getting gears 5. Seems like the issue still there in gears 5?

On 4/14/2020 at 5:55 PM, Kelums said:

So guys.. I bought 2k monitor a.k.a 1440p and nothing changed in hearthstone. Same jaggies and shimmering on all cards, fonts etc.. Its 

did anyone try to update mobo's bios ??

8 hours ago, ixDriger said:

did anyone try to update mobo's bios ??

* cough cough what Jokel 1 wrote *

On 4/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, Jokel 1 said:

Also i've sold my pc and it works normal in that guy's house, while here both on pc and phone games look horrible

P.S I did updated motherboard BIOS but this didn't changed anything.

On 4/14/2020 at 2:35 PM, Jokel 1 said:

This is what I’m looking for!!!!  If this is true that it works fine for the guy that bought your PC it’s an electrical issue of some sort,  interference idk,  but something underlying electricity..

I will take FULL CREDIT for this electrical issue!!  Thank you 😀

I’ve been telling EVERYONE that I’ve tried it ALL,  some sort of problem involving the electricity is the issue.   Especially if all streaming services behave the same way,  it’s not our PC or monitor/Tv.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:51 AM, zamh said:

After watching few gameplay on youtube, Gears 5 seems to not have the issue. Other games have them if you look carefully in those walkthrough videos. Thanks for this. I was planning on getting gears 5. Seems like the issue still there in gears 5?

YES gears 5 is good on my gameplay  atleast, you can still see some issues but you can hardly see it 

I truly believe this is an electrical issue,  where is the source of the electrical issue,  not sure but it seems to be coming from somewhere.  I just hope all the naysayers understand this is the most logical reason for our problems considering ALL game streaming platforms behave the same way and those streaming platforms either use their own servers or computers to stream games and STILL look like shit!  So if GeForce Now looks like hot garbage it can’t possibly be any of my PCs!  Hell,  even the consoles are doing it!  So PLEASE enough with tweaking things in settings or GeForce Inspector or any of that shit!   It’s not the problem!

Those who insist its electricity, they are the reason all those GPU manufacturers and game developers are laughing at us and feel absolutely no need to fix their s**t. It's not, electricity. One more time, it's not electricity. 

It's a deliberate design choice to lower the texturing quality from developers, as well as lowering scaling quality from GPU driver makers. 

Please try to imagine this; 20 years ago a texture for a game was approx 128x128 in size. And a surface had only one texture file. 

Today, we have textures as big as 4096x4096 for a stupid pebble mesh, and it's not even a single texture. A 4096x4096 diffuse texture, a 1024x1024 normal map, a 512x512 specular map. They are processed and placed on top of each other.

Plus, the scaling filter that does the processing is also low quality, because GPU makers want to brag about how fast their GPUs are. 

Now, one more time but for the last time aslo, I'll say this. 

Scenerio 1) Imagine a 2007 game. Meshes are low on polygons, things are simple. Their texture files are small and low on detail. Every mesh has only one texture file. So no processing needed. Things are forward rendered and the resolution is fixed. That's a decent result. 

Scenerio 2) Imagine a modern game. Meshes are extremely complex, also some of them are tesellated. They have many texture files and those textures are stretched and layered on top of each other. Every single texture layer processing and scaling has its own error. Place them on top of each other and you have many many errors come together. 

It's not done. They are also needed to be shaded for lights and shadows and glowing, etc. They are also at lower resolution. 

Scenerio 2 has more details in every aspect, ok but also has much more errors and low quality parts. Add that, classical MSAA won't work with these solutions, and all we can do is either rely on TAA or brute force VSR/DSR. 

This is the final time I say this. Even though I believe this topic is important, having 127 pages and still being unable to differentiate some problems and label them correctly is leading everyone to a dead end. 

One more note: hardware manufacturers are just after our money and ego satisfaction. They won't tell you the truth. Only we can force them to do so by voting with our wallets. 

Let's take anti lag or ultra low latency technologies, for example. Limiting FPS yields much better solutions under Directx 10 and 11, however, instead of telling us to limit our FPS in those games, they give us a low latency button. Because they want us to be starving for more FPS without a reason. If a pc gamer loses their interest in absolutely maxing every option and still expect a 17474 FPS at 128K resolution they won't be able to sell their top tier hardware and game developers won't have the freedom to be sloppy while developing their games (actually unoptimized farts, sorry, ports) 

Imagine an educated global group, who refuses to pay extreme money's for a pc and refuses to buy half baked games, even refunds them if they have terrible aliasing problems and lack some mandatory options like an FOV slider. That group is their nightmare, and is our solution for this topic. 

So, please stop buying electricity devices. 

30 minutes ago, CanCeralp said:

Those who insist its electricity, they are the reason all those GPU manufacturers and game developers are laughing at us and feel absolutely no need to fix their s**t. It's not, electricity. One more time, it's not electricity. 

It's a deliberate design choice to lower the texturing quality from developers, as well as lowering scaling quality from GPU driver makers. 

Please try to imagine this; 20 years ago a texture for a game was approx 128x128 in size. And a surface had only one texture file. 

Today, we have textures as big as 4096x4096 for a stupid pebble mesh, and it's not even a single texture. A 4096x4096 diffuse texture, a 1024x1024 normal map, a 512x512 specular map. They are processed and placed on top of each other.

Plus, the scaling filter that does the processing is also low quality, because GPU makers want to brag about how fast their GPUs are. 

Scenerio 1) Imagine a 2007 game. Meshes are low on polygons, things are simple. Their texture files are small and low on detail. Every mesh has only one texture file. So no processing needed. Things are forward rendered and the resolution is fixed. That's a decent result. 

Scenerio 2) Imagine a modern game. Meshes are extremely complex, also some of them are tesellated. They have many texture files and those textures are stretched and layered on top of each other. Every single texture layer processing and scaling has its own error. Place them on top of each other and you have many many errors come together. 

It's not done. They are also needed to be shaded for lights and shadows and glowing, etc. They are also at lower resolution. 

Scenerio 2 has more details in every aspect, ok but also has much more errors and low quality parts. Add that, classical MSAA won't work with these solutions, and all we can do is either rely on TAA or brute force VSR/DSR. 

This is the final time I say this. Even though I believe this topic is important, having 127 pages and still being unable to differentiate some problems and label them correctly is leading everyone to a dead end. 

One more note: hardware manufacturers are just after our money and ego satisfaction. They won't tell you the truth. Only we can force them to do so by voting with our wallets. 

Let's take anti lag or ultra low latency technologies, for example. Limiting FPS yields much better solutions under Directx 10 and 11, however, instead of telling us to limit our FPS in those games, they give us a low latency button. Because they want us to be starving for more FPS without a reason. If a pc gamer loses their interest in absolutely maxing every option and still expect a 17474 FPS at 128K resolution they won't be able to sell their top tier hardware and game developers won't have the freedom to be sloppy while developing their games (actually unoptimized farts, sorry, ports) 

Imagine an educated global group, who refuses to pay extreme money's for a pc and refuses to buy half baked games, even refunds them if they have terrible aliasing problems and lack some mandatory options like an FOV slider. That group is their nightmare, and is our solution for this topic. 

and what do you think of streaming services like google stadia that you see the same shit on your monitor, in theory they are games that run on another pc.

3 hours ago, Sanspooky said:

and what do you think of streaming services like google stadia that you see the same shit on your monitor, in theory they are games that run on another pc.

They are just other PCs, which use the same hardware like you and me. They use AMD, Nvidia and Intel, just like us. Being a super powerful PC won't change the fact that they are subject to the same drivers and play the game just like any other computer. 

My PC does a scene in 15ms with low quality driver filtering, GeForce Now PC does it in 3ms, with the same low quality driver filtering :) then sends it to me as a video streaming. 

5 hours ago, CanCeralp said:

Bla bla yada yada...

So this guy is lying about his PC that he sold, where it works normal right?

But you know where and what is a problem?

*clap clap clap*

6 minutes ago, Strider890 said:

Sure you are tell people what to do with their money!