Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

1 minute ago, ixDriger said:

The monitor and the pcie slot and the cable working even if u r using stadia

also the gpu is showing the textures on the monitor (even if u r using stadia )

every thing will run at least a little bit )

also i could be a complex software issue as i said

and how about i have this issue on ps4,all phone in my house, all tv in my house...

21 minutes ago, Sanspooky said:

Guys have you tried to remove the stick of ram?

i will try that if the new gpu didn't make any difference 

3 hours ago, ixDriger said:

i will try that if the new gpu didn't make any difference 

this guy foxes this issue..

Cattura.PNG

1 hour ago, Sanspooky said:

this guy foxes this issue..

Cattura.PNG

what !?!

idk i think that is not true

after trying the other hpu nothing happend 

but when he returned the 1660ti the problem fixed !!

if that is true

so simply download a wrong driver

and delete it ...

i can't try cuz i don't have gpu right now

20 hours ago, Princep_A said:

We can dig feeper into this theme, it makes sense to me, I try to carry pc to my village and the same problem was there.

Screenshot_20200331-125431_YouTube.jpg

13 hours ago, ixDriger said:

Screenshot_20200331-125431_YouTube.jpg

Check it for your own first

12 hours ago, Princep_A said:

Check it for your own first

I don't have the GPU right now i am waiting the new one

also i don't have another gpu 

On 3/30/2020 at 4:46 PM, Princep_A said:

We can dig feeper into this theme, it makes sense to me, I try to carry pc to my village and the same problem was there.

a friend told me that it could be scaling problem if not just games have bad graphics 

then maybe this work plz plz try it i can't cuz i don't have gpu and i can't run the pc ao please someone try this guys

youtube video link :

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D3w6SaeuCJ_o&ved=2ahUKEwiXrcL3s8joAhXGb5oKHcjvC3MQo7QBMAR6BAgAEAo&usg=AOvVaw35LbzAOJvU2P_FL31UwD6M

11 hours ago, ixDriger said:

a friend told me that it could be scaling problem if not just games have bad graphics 

then maybe this work plz plz try it i can't cuz i don't have gpu and i can't run the pc ao please someone try this guys

youtube video link :

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D3w6SaeuCJ_o&ved=2ahUKEwiXrcL3s8joAhXGb5oKHcjvC3MQo7QBMAR6BAgAEAo&usg=AOvVaw35LbzAOJvU2P_FL31UwD6M

nope i tried same shit

19 minutes ago, Sanspooky said:

nope i tried same shit

did u watch the video 

mabey it is something different 

all the comments are positive .

24 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

did u watch the video 

mabey it is something different 

all the comments are positive .

yep problem still.

but i noticed when i pause the game above the screen and as if "vibrating"

15 hours ago, ixDriger said:

youtube video link :

This is for images and fonts, only for this. No for videos or videogames.

I think we could make a list until we get more conclusions from games that look good with this problem.

I say Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey. Red Dead Redemption 2 (adjusting taa and nvidia sharpness looks acceptable), also 2d videogames like ori and the blind forest, warzone has some anti-aliasing issues but its also acceptable.

If you know more add to the list.

14 hours ago, Princep_A said:

I think we could make a list until we get more conclusions from games that look good with this problem.

I say Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey. Red Dead Redemption 2 (adjusting taa and nvidia sharpness looks acceptable), also 2d videogames like ori and the blind forest, warzone has some anti-aliasing issues but its also acceptable.

Dude, all the modern games with TAA or TXAA implementation are looking good even in 1080p. We all just have to live with it in older titles, when its seen it cant be unseen :)

On 4/4/2020 at 10:54 PM, Princep_A said:

Assassin's creed syndicate 

Paladins

CS GO

I think the most games look okay, you just have to ignore some shadows, or trick arround with AA.

Every Game older then 2011 looks okay, I guess.

In general SMAA looks good. Stay away from TAA, its complete broken.

Bigger graphical issues are in:

Batman Arkham Knight (pixellated shadows, some pixelated areas with many shadows)

Mad Max (Pixellated shadows, with moving pixels, even when the camera is still)

Resident Evil 2 Remake (light reflections are broken, but you can turn them off; pixellated shadows with flickering pixels, in a dark game very aggressive)

WARNING - unplayable:

The outer worlds. Just don't play it - total eyeraping.

In general I recommend "Reshade". Its compatible with nearly every game and it offers manual SMAA and some light improvements.

If you have a special game you would like to buy, but are unsure how bad the issues are, ask. I tried many.

Oh and look that you match the system requirements by far, because every manual improvement like reshade and NVDIA Control Panel cost much PC power.

For fixing the whole problem i found this:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/765015/why-the-shadows-be-pixelated.html

Problem is Directx doen't offer changing such deep, potential 3D destroying settings and I know no way to edit them manually in some files.

Maybe you can deactivate shadows completely (I know some games where at least this is possible) and recreate them with another programm like reshade were you can edit settings like "shadow radius" and "shadow samples". Because pixellated setting are the problem you can't fix with the best AA build.

No Gmed, the mosts games arent looking okay at all, and not at all every games since 2011 .

I can't play anymore Guild wars 2 (2012), The witcher 3, age of empires 2 definitive edition (2019!) have the same problem on the units, borderlands 3 is totally unpayble with fxaa, i have to play with taa, and same with taa i have some jaggy (buts its better with taa) !

SMAA doesnt work at all, for exemple the max of AA in guild wars 2 is high SMAA, and doesnt work.

Dishonored 2 and more and more ! No, the problem is on every game, not just some.

Only warzone actually, and borderlands 3 with TAA, seems.... playable.

But since February (date of the start of this problem for me) i have now headache in every game.

7 hours ago, Gmed said:

For fixing the whole problem i found this:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/765015/why-the-shadows-be-pixelated.html

Problem is Directx doen't offer changing such deep, potential 3D destroying settings and I know no way to edit them manually in some files.

Maybe you can deactivate shadows completely (I know some games where at least this is possible) and recreate them with another programm like reshade were you can edit settings like "shadow radius" and "shadow samples". Because pixellated setting are the problem you can't fix with the best AA build.

Dude TAA is the current modern fix for this, SMAA isnt even AA, its post fx 🤣

21 hours ago, Aisseyn said:

No Gmed, the mosts games arent looking okay at all, and not at all every games since 2011 .

I can't play anymore Guild wars 2 (2012), The witcher 3, age of empires 2 definitive edition (2019!) have the same problem on the units, borderlands 3 is totally unpayble with fxaa, i have to play with taa, and same with taa i have some jaggy (buts its better with taa) !

SMAA doesnt work at all, for exemple the max of AA in guild wars 2 is high SMAA, and doesnt work.

Dishonored 2 and more and more ! No, the problem is on every game, not just some.

But since February (date of the start of this problem for me) i have now headache in every game.

Totally agree, for example for me syndicate looks like shit, and many other games like the outer worlds, forza horizon, the witcher... It not only depends of the game and the type of aa, also other games have very low render distance and low LOD with this issue.

It's not the AA. Stop with that. It's the lighting that affects those edges, and a broken LOD. You can try SMAA, MSAA, TXAA, TAA, downsampling, 4K, 5K, it's the same, less visible of course the higher the resolution or AA method, but the lighting looks like shit, same as image rendering.

In any semi open or complete open world, day and night is clearly day and night in terms of quality, i have almost little to none aliasing or weird shadows night time, but when i do enter a building or it's sunny lighting, here comes the massacre.

Nobody can explan, nobody can fix it, i always thought it would fix by itself someday, as it appeared overnight on my former laptop,, but i live with it now, and it's been 4 years. And no i didn't change any piece of hardware, neither add one, neither format windows, or use an enb. It was there suddenly, period. Stop repeat the same things over and over. 

And ban electricity as well, please. You're going the wrong way.

3 hours ago, jinx33 said:

It's not the AA. Stop with that. It's the lighting that affects those edges, and a broken LOD. You can try SMAA, MSAA, TXAA, TAA, downsampling, 4K, 5K, it's the same, less visible of course the higher the resolution or AA method, but the lighting looks like shit, same as image rendering.

In any semi open or complete open world, day and night is clearly day and night in terms of quality, i have almost little to none aliasing or weird shadows night time, but when i do enter a building or it's sunny lighting, here comes the massacre.

Nobody can explan, nobody can fix it, i always thought it would fix by itself someday, as it appeared overnight on my former laptop,, but i live with it now, and it's been 4 years. And no i didn't change any piece of hardware, neither add one, neither format windows, or use an enb. It was there suddenly, period. Stop repeat the same things over and over. 

And ban electricity as well, please. You're going the wrong way.

yep, this is not electricity but a weird interference

On 4/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, Aisseyn said:

Well, I can just tell how it looks in my games... Half Life 2, Assassins Creed 1,2, like I said old games are looking okay for me. I meant games older then 2011, which means made BEFORE 2011. I don't know why you tell me about games which are made after 2011 and are obviously ugly as shit, I totally agree with it. Witcher 3 looks ugly for me too.

The SMAA thing is: In Assassins Creed black flag you can choose between TAA, MSAA, FXAA, SMAA  (when I remember correctly) and every mode creates incredibly ugly flimmering in trees and bushes EXCEPT SMAA. In the outer worlds in a total nightmare. Every Hair has those flimmering, and the game just offers TAA. So, its unplayable. In mad max you can improve it when you deactivate the game own anti-aliasing and use reshade to use SMAA (for me). But sadly, it doesn't fix the shadows.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:33 PM, Kelums said:

Dude TAA is the current modern fix for this, SMAA isnt even AA, its post fx 🤣

Dear nice guy I just met in the internet. We are all sitting in the same boat, we are all sad that our games are not working correctly, there is no reason to laugh about other people if they explain things strange. We are all doing the best we can to help everyone here to solve the problem, me too.

Every AA is a post fix. Every AA system just makes the edges of already rendered objects smooth. And there are different methods for this. For example, in the nvdia control panel (or some AMD tool if you have that kind) you can overwrite the AA of nearly every game to whatever you want. Or use programs like reshade which can use SMAA for nearly every game.

I can just tell, in my games (in fact in Assassins Creed Black Flag) SMAA looks by far the best, if you made other experience, okay, tell me how you dealt with it.

But I can just say, in my games TAA looks by far worst.