Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KenjiD5

Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

* thread unlocked *

Next time I have to clean this thread, it will stay locked.

Behave yourselves, or face the consequences.

I had account on this forum but I asked the staff of this forum to delete my profile and all my posts.

I have sent multiple times messages via Twitter to Young Yea about this problem with the link to this forum to him to make a video about this damn problem but I didn't got response from him.

Only thing about this problem we can do is to reach gaming, PC hardware Youtubers (or Pewdiepie) to make a video about this problem or to ask some psychic to see in his crystal ball what is cause of this and how to solve this damn thing!!!

I can only play a Microsoft Solitaire on 800€ PC ???!!!

This problem is like cancer it is spreading across PC, mobile phones and even TV's and sadly there is no cure!

1 hour ago, Strider890 said:

I had account on this forum but I asked the staff of this forum to delete my profile and all my posts.

I have sent multiple times messages via Twitter to Young Yea about this problem with the link to this forum to him to make a video about this damn problem but I didn't got response from him.

Only thing about this problem we can do is to reach gaming, PC hardware Youtubers (or Pewdiepie) to make a video about this problem or to ask some psychic to see in his crystal ball what is cause of this and how to solve this damn thing!!!

This problem is like cancer it is spreading across PC, mobile phones and even TV's and sadly there is no cure!

Dude pewdiepie is a memelord he dont care

People who havent experienced this dont care because they all think we are just stupid and dont know how to set up our graphics options -.-

Maybe someone from LTT might be interested, since this thread has been around for years now.

Im afraid, until people stop buying expensive hardware, just because the sake of it, companies like nvidia or microsoft will never ever move a finger to fix this problem. The other big problem is, gamers these days apparently are clueless about what "AAA" means in a videogame. Thats why when they play a videogame with all these problems present on the screen, they consider it normal, and part of the "AAA" experience... i cant imagine how they will react if this would be fixed and games will look real AAA quality again. Probably they will have a seizure of pleasure. lol.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:09 AM, jinx33 said:

I'll be honest, it may be psychological. Even if it's not, it won't spoil my need to play games, i bought a decent rig for this after all.

You too? people who say its phychological obviously are clueless about what the problem is. And yes i also bought a decent rig but it is the last time i do such stupidity. Because the problems in my old i5 3570 and my old gtx650 ti 2gb were not so bad to the point that right now i cant play many games because of this. In the old times i could at least play most games and these problems were only annoying at some point. Right now those problems are not annoying, those problems are completely immersion-breaking and problematic.

But again, why people keep posting about this over and over again without even reading previous posts? no. its not psychological, no. its not electrical. no. its not something we can actually fix by ourselves. Period. And then, someone will come again and say its an electrical issue... just wait for it....

53 minutes ago, tantalus said:

But again, why people keep posting about this over and over again without even reading previous posts? no. its not psychological, no. its not electrical. no. its not something we can actually fix by ourselves. Period. And then, someone will come again and say its an electrical issue... just wait for it....

?

1 hour ago, tantalus said:

You too? people who say its phychological obviously are clueless about what the problem is. And yes i also bought a decent rig but it is the last time i do such stupidity. Because the problems in my old i5 3570 and my old gtx650 ti 2gb were not so bad to the point that right now i cant play many games because of this. In the old times i could at least play most games and these problems were only annoying at some point. Right now those problems are not annoying, those problems are completely immersion-breaking and problematic.

Then what is it? It is not hardware issue, it isn't software, it isn't electrical, we don't have anything else left, we are making ourselves look hilarious from the outside. It is obvious that this isn't going to be caused by some kind of a magical hardware virus...

Can you and everyone else send a video of the issue? Because I see some people legitametely suffering from the issue and some others which are looking at the tiny bit of hardly visible and completely normal and starts complaining... 

6 hours ago, Strider890 said:

Before this problem gets solved, we need to find the cause, the trigger, which we aren't suceeding, there is no way of the problem spreading unless it is an electrical problem, which most people deny...

Let's get this point, mobile games are known for their terrible anti-aliasing, TV broadcast also has lots of aliasing problems as well as artficats, now consoles and computers are claimed to be affected by the problem, both share similar components...
The electrical problem logic is shared by most people here because there is no appereant way other than that, it is not a virus that spreads for sure...
Anyways, regardless of what the problem is caused by, we need to get a database of people having this people, because it is apperant, some games have badly implemented anti-aliasing, some people complain about no reason, we should eliminate those reports so we have pure and useful data left from users that actually have the problem...

On 10/5/2019 at 11:25 AM, can0753 said:

I bought a new computer, in the same way I bought a new screen again.
problem persists.
I know it has nothing to do with the hardware, but it expects it to be human.
new pc settings
Asus EX-H310M-V3 Gaming,İntel İ3 9100F 4.2 Ghz,Crucial 8GB Ddr4 2133Mhz,Asus ROG Strix RX 570 4GB,Fsp 80+ 500w,Toshiba TR200 240GB SSD,WD BLUE 1TB HDD,Power Boost VK1009B Deluxe Serisi,Dark Ultra Bright RGB fan kiti 2x Led,Dark x90 İşlemci Soğutucu,AOC E2461FWH 23.6 2MS 75HZ FullHD Monitör,Logitech Driving Force Gt,MotoSpeed CK104,Bloody A9081,Casper 2+1 Bass boosted Ses Sistemi

Can you share a video showing the problem? It would help if it is from a few different games...

2 minutes ago, oderkinder said:

Is this your own video? My intent is to gather videos from everyone so we can try to narrow down the problem. I will share mine soon...

2 minutes ago, YiGiT353 said:

Is this your own video? My intent is to gather videos from everyone so we can try to narrow down the problem. I will share mine soon...

No, this one isn't. I,m going to make my own, but later. I got this problem just 4 days ago.

12 minutes ago, oderkinder said:

No, this one isn't. I,m going to make my own, but later. I got this problem just 4 days ago.

Ok no problem, I will upload one soon too.

4 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

People who havent experienced this dont care because they all think we are just stupid and dont know how to set up our graphics options -.-

Maybe someone from LTT might be interested, since this thread has been around for years now.

I agree. But the thing is that people don't want to hear and understand us. LTT forum is basically the only place where we could talk about this problem without being called morons, idiots or psychos. Or asked to "go get the glasses". Some simply suggest all the standard things like driver reinstall etc., while others insultingly say "there is nothing wrong. Go see a doctor".

It's not in our heads. I know how good my games looked before this issue and how bad they look now. Difference is like day and night.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC. Anyone feel excited about this? I want to be excited, but knowing that 90% of my games have AA issues, I can only hope that the game will look at least decent and problems won't be overly massive. If there won't be any graphical issues, it will be a miracle.

46 minutes ago, YiGiT353 said:

Here you go: 

This video clips are mine but remember the YouTube compresses the video quality.

5 minutes ago, Strider890 said:

Here you go: 

This video clips are mine but remember the Youtube compresses the video quality.

I dont see anything in those videos that is a problem.

31 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Dragons Dogma jagged edges on the boats in the port, jagged edges in distance on the houses but I know you can't see clearly the problem because YouTube compresses the quality of the video and I also taked this video clips mad.

In the few days I will take another videos (calm not mad) and I will upload them on the Google Drive.

Link will be shared on this forum.

21 hours ago, YiGiT353 said:

Then what is it?

We have been trying to answer that question since post number 1 years ago dude... I think you missed the whole thread...:s also, as always, you guys keep forgetting this problem is not only alias related. zzz. there are MANY problems we talked about that are noticeable these days. Bad AA and shimmering is just one of them. Just one...

19 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

You can see clearly the shimmering on the edges even in this compressed video. If you dont see anything, you probably grew up thinking these artifacts are normal. . . or you probably didnt play videogames before 2012-2013? problem increases when the camera moves, and its even worst on racing games, and so on (to the point, some racing games are just impossible to play unless you want your eyes to fall off).

Hi guys,
I wonder....

Does any one of you have some older CRT monitor or TV, that you can try to hook it up to your system and see, if you are seeing this behaviour on such screen technology ? 

Honestly, I am starting to think, that this has nothing to do with PC hardware, electricity, software/drivers etc.... but its the problem, comming from the LCD screening technology wwe use these days. 

You know, nowadays flat panels are basically using the static pixel color transitioning to show stuff you can see. The problem here might be in the fact, that in nowadays 3D rendered applications, that became more and more complex with thousands of polygonal objects moving and reacting to even more complex lightning systems might simply suffer in the grey to black transitions causing micro ghosting/smearing. Thats why you getting answers from people, saying, thats just how games and rendering works. Some do not see it, or start seeing it later.
You know, usually, if you have perfectly still camera - picture, you dont see the issue happening, you start seeing it only when you start moving the camera (at least in my experience). Because under certain angles, the light and shading on the edges of geometry objects is changing rapidly and I only assume, that the static pixels in our monitors are just unable to react fast enough to make a clear image in this case. No matter how fancy, super fast response time and hz panel you have. Actually the larger the screen size, the higher the upscale resolutions and what not, is making this issue even worse.

Few days ago I hooked up a Playstation 3 to my LG 32inch, 144hz 1440p gaming monitor, to play Metal Gear Solid 4 (since I have always wanted to try that one and up to now, never got to it). The game runs in 1080p and this issue is just horribly visible on this monitor. Jagged edges, aliasing artefacts all over the game. Just the main menu screen (where Snake salutes in the graveyard with all the flowers around) looks like a total jagged, smeared blurry mess. 

Its just my theory that I came up after doing a lot of research and thinking about what could be the cause.... especially if people claim that they are starting seeing this on consoles, phones, TVs .... and what do these things have in common ? Flat panel screen technology... which is trying to move always for higher numbers in everything... resolution, refresh rate, response time, color range and clarity.

I watched a video from Digital Foundry a week ago, where they just for fun tried an old CRT Sony monitor on the game Control and they were praising how amazing the game looks and moves even on lower resolution. 

guys I actually fixed the issue yesterday but it didn't last long, it was an expensive solution that only lasted 20 minutes. I bought a new motherboard, new cpu and ram and a new ssd. I installed windows (the only drive installed in my pc was the new ssd) and then I played no man's sky for like 10 minutes, the game looked gorgeous, no jagged edges even at low settings, then I decide to mess around with the graphics settings and I set it to ultra, and right after that it started to look like shit again, jagged edges everywhere, I tried going back to the settings I was using before but didn't work, the problem came back and everything looks like shit again. I don't know if this helpful or no but I thought I should share it /: ( I only have the jagged edges problem though, I've never had pop up problems or anything like that)

21 minutes ago, twistos1 said:

guys I actually fixed the issue yesterday but it didn't last long, it was an expensive solution that only lasted 20 minutes. I bought a new motherboard, new cpu and ram and a new ssd. I installed windows (the only drive installed in my pc was the new ssd) and then I played no man's sky for like 10 minutes, the game looked gorgeous, no jagged edges even at low settings, then I decide to mess around with the graphics settings and I set it to ultra, and right after that it started to look like shit again, jagged edges everywhere, I tried going back to the settings I was using before but didn't work, the problem came back and everything looks like shit again. I don't know if this helpful or no but I thought I should share it /: ( I only had the jagged edges problem though, not pop up problems or anything like that)

Interessting this issue started for me after i installed a new SSD, atleast i first noticed it after i did that.

47 minutes ago, twistos1 said:

guys I actually fixed the issue yesterday but it didn't last long, it was an expensive solution that only lasted 20 minutes. I bought a new motherboard, new cpu and ram and a new ssd. I installed windows (the only drive installed in my pc was the new ssd) and then I played no man's sky for like 10 minutes, the game looked gorgeous, no jagged edges even at low settings, then I decide to mess around with the graphics settings and I set it to ultra, and right after that it started to look like shit again, jagged edges everywhere, I tried going back to the settings I was using before but didn't work, the problem came back and everything looks like shit again. I don't know if this helpful or no but I thought I should share it /: ( I only had the jagged edges problem though, not pop up problems or anything like that)

events confused.
interesting really.