Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

9 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

I will continue testing aswell, but what could it be its like this issue defys the laws of physics.

This literally defies simple logic,  everything we have tried yet nothing. 

Brand new PCs with all differing components and it still happens.

I went to my shop which is in the next town and also a town on the opposite side and yet I still get the same shitty issues.  How in the hell?

I am amazed how fucked up all this is and Nvidia and the rest continue to turn the other cheek!

Sad...

Since AA is usually handled by GPU, if you think logically this problem should be related to GPU or it's driver. But since I have tried so many GPUs and drivers and PCs, I don't know what else to say.

The more you think about it the more weird this crap gets... Even my old PC, which haven't been turned on for 3 years and worked wonderfully until then, have this issue now. I turned it on, installed new games to check and vualia... same flickering/shimmering.

And of course all this crap started after I installed RTX 2080 Ti to my main PC 8 months ago. Again, the more you think about it, the more weird it gets. Logically, this is GPU issue, because it started after GPU change. But we have to turn off the logic here, because how my other PCs got this I have no idea. How a PC, which was shut off for 3 years got this? How my laptop got this? How other PCs I tested got this? Seriously, WTF?

Like I said, I changed every single part in my main PC. I feel stuck. I have no more ideas. The only thing I can do is hope that one day I will find a solution to this "madness".

6 hours ago, Asasinas said:

Since AA is usually handled by GPU, if you think logically this problem should be related to GPU or it's driver. But since I have tried so many GPUs and drivers and PCs, I don't know what else to say.

The more you think about it the more weird this crap gets... Even my old PC, which haven't been turned on for 3 years and worked wonderfully until then, have this issue now. I turned it on, installed new games to check and vualia... same flickering/shimmering.

And of course all this crap started after I installed RTX 2080 Ti to my main PC 8 months ago. Again, the more you think about it, the more weird it gets. Logically, this is GPU issue, because it started after GPU change. But we have to turn off the logic here, because how my other PCs got this I have no idea. How a PC, which was shut off for 3 years got this? How my laptop got this? How other PCs I tested got this? Seriously, WTF?

Like I said, I changed every single part in my main PC. I feel stuck. I have no more ideas. The only thing I can do is hope that one day I will find a solution to this "madness".

The only other thing that I can think of is to try a pc at someone’s house that has a PC that works fine.

Even that is silly...

I sent a long drawn out message to Nvidia and hopefully I will be able to talk to somebody about how insane this is.

I’ve talked with them numerous times but haven’t gotten anywhere with any of it.

I just don’t understand how new PC after new PC after new PC could have exactly the same shitty ugly results...   

One thing I’ve tried a few times was installing Linux but when I have it was a dual boot.  I have never wiped windows off a PC completely and then had Linux installed,  that is something to be tried but not by me,  I’ve had enough from Linux!

The thing that really baffles me is how GeForce Now shows the same ugly visuals even though it’s just streaming a game from their servers...  This probably confuses me the most...  It just doesn’t make ANY sense whatsoever...  Complete mindfuck!

Okay so we can completely ignore PC being the culprit....

Same ugly textures, cardboard cutout trees and grass on console.

2 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

The only other thing that I can think of is to try a pc at someone’s house that has a PC that works fine.

Even that is silly...

I sent a long drawn out message to Nvidia and hopefully I will be able to talk to somebody about how insane this is.

I’ve talked with them numerous times but haven’t gotten anywhere with any of it.

I just don’t understand how new PC after new PC after new PC could have exactly the same shitty ugly results...   

One thing I’ve tried a few times was installing Linux but when I have it was a dual boot.  I have never wiped windows off a PC completely and then had Linux installed,  that is something to be tried but not by me,  I’ve had enough from Linux!

The thing that really baffles me is how GeForce Now shows the same ugly visuals even though it’s just streaming a game from their servers...  This probably confuses me the most...  It just doesn’t make ANY sense whatsoever...  Complete mindfuck!

Just an idea but what if the displays are the cause, at this point i think its just weird to think anything is wrong with the hardware though.

btw you can notify Nvidia that not just you got this issue if you didnt allready do that.

2 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

Even that is silly...

You need to demand to talk to someone important and not just some Tech support employees

8 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

Well,  I have even worse news now,  My Xbox One X has the issues now.....

Told you man , got this shit everywhere including my phone.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:59 PM, DaoNayt said:

What the hell is this supposed to be?
(weird 'five' pattern)

2019.08.18-20.45_01.png

2019.08.18-20.45.png

I also have this exact "pattern" on trees when I get close to them and they fade out in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Also on some distant objects such as rocks when they spawn in and out. Seems like something is not working right when object becomes transparent.

Screenshot bellow (press on it to check at full size).

Assassin's Creed® Odyssey2019-8-25-1-40-42.jpg

As always, cause and solution is unknown.

EDIT: Did a little search about this dot issue on transparent objects and it seems there are other players with this issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/523897653302097299/

Doesn't seem to be an RTX issue. At the end of the topic they say this is normal. I say: I don't know.

Okay guys I have some news,which might be interesting,couple of days ago I downloaded PS2 emulator called PCSX2 and also GameCube Emulator called Dolphin Emulator.After testing multiple games on this emulators I didn't notice single jagged edge,nor flickering textures,nor shimmering.nor pop ins,everything was so beautiful,I just couldn't belive it,I have put all settings at best,without aa,I was so happy,I tested God of War 1 and 2,Call of Duty Finest Hour,Call of Duty Big Red One,Call of Duty 3,Gta San Andreas,Peter's Jackson King Kong and some more,and they were all beautiful,games are running so smooth.so I am now in a big question,why doesn't it show up all problems there if it is same pc,when thinking like this we can rule out electricity,it is more likley to be something software related,some tweak that has to be turned on or of,no matter is your oc old or did you buy a new one,also I have to mention that I have used all avilable render options in both emulators,that includes : Openg,Directd9,Directd12,Vulkan both hardware and software,I don't know guys what do you think ?

Looks like that with every month passed this AA issue is getting more and more visible. Almost every surface in No Man's Sky massively flickering/shimmering with TAA. FXAA gives similar result, except insead of flickering it becomes super jagged with weird vibration.

Can someone give me a hug, please? :(

23 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

I also do not notice this in old games. Half Life 2, for example, looks great.

Older games do not have deferred rendering to fudge up things.  Deferred rendering negates almost all real AA, leaving just post process blur filters.

The foliage thing is semi-normal.  Most games that use a LOD pop-in reduction technique do not use alpha to do it, they use a stippling filter so that it is a performance neutral effect.  Having things fade in with alpha blending would put more stress on the GPU ROPs, which are almost always the performance limiting factor.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, I_dont_know200 said:

Just an idea but what if the displays are the cause, at this point i think its just weird to think anything is wrong with the hardware though.

btw you can notify Nvidia that not just you got this issue if you didnt allready do that.

I did let Nvidia know about this forum as well as other people’s issues,  I’ve been talking with them and I’m still in talks with them.

I don’t think anything is wrong with our hardware or monitors,  but I really don’t think it’s the monitor because monitors display they don’t render..

Each monitor contains data about its capabilities. It's called EDID - Extended Display Identification Data. Maybe if this data is misinterpreted for some reason, it can cause problems like these? But again, the problem would be in the GPU, because I tried connecting to my TV, and nothing changed. So that would indicate that the problem is in the computer, not the screen.

We need an expert to tell us how all these different things - GPU BIOS, drivers, windows registry, EDID etc. - interact together to produce the image.

15 hours ago, DaoNayt said:

Each monitor contains data about its capabilities. It's called EDID - Extended Display Identification Data. Maybe if this data is misinterpreted for some reason, it can cause problems like these? But again, the problem would be in the GPU, because I tried connecting to my TV, and nothing changed. So that would indicate that the problem is in the computer, not the screen.

We need an expert to tell us how all these different things - GPU BIOS, drivers, windows registry, EDID etc. - interact together to produce the image.

Understandable but..  the graphics card renders the graphics and the display displays it,  don’t really think we need to get anymore technical than that.  If this wasn’t the case I could change my graphics settings through my monitor which is just silly.

Back to the awful graphics from my Xbox one x shown in those few screenshots above,  After watching others play that game on the same system it looks as if that particular game actually looks that bad on console.  I’m playing DMC 5 on Xbox one x now and it looks just fine.  

I think the the issue is still just with PCs and Laptops for me at least.

Greetings Brothers in confusion,

I have followed this thread for over a year and I am now 16, after suffering from this problem for over two years.  I really want to solve this issue both for myself and for all of us affected. Currently, the last parts of my brand new build are on the way. What I plan to do is have the PC built, on a power purifier, disconnected from the internet, create a new email and download a free game to the PC via flash drive so I can totally isolate the system and test how it works.  I plan to slowly work backwards from this point, removing the power purifier, connect to the internet, download games from steam, ect until I reach the problem.  My rig might fall to the problem but at least I can give you guys an exact trigger.  Does anyone have any other ideas for precautions I should take?

Regards,

Braedon

Edit: To those interested I have attached an email I dispatched to Nvidia HR, Customer Service, and the CEO email. Before gunning me down saying, "ITS NOT JUST AN NVIDIA PROBLEM", please, read the attachedPlease Help Us.eml

Welcome

Ihave been in contact with AMD for a while, to them this is all normal, especially in lower resolutions. I guess 1080p is considered low-res now and everyone who plays on 1080p is a poor person who doesn't deserve help.

7 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

I have followed this thread for over a year and I am now 16, after suffering from this problem for over two years.  I really want to solve this issue both for myself and for all of us affected. Currently, the last parts of my brand new build are on the way. What I plan to do is have the PC built, on a power purifier, disconnected from the internet, create a new email and download a free game to the PC via flash drive so I can totally isolate the system and test how it works.  I plan to slowly work backwards from this point, removing the power purifier, connect to the internet, download games from steam, ect until I reach the problem.  My rig might fall to the problem but at least I can give you guys an exact trigger.  Does anyone have any other ideas for precautions I should take?

Regards,

Braedon

Edit: To those interested I have attached an email I dispatched to Nvidia HR, Customer Service, and the CEO email. Before gunning me down saying, "ITS NOT JUST AN NVIDIA PROBLEM", please, read the attached

Please Help Us.eml

Ive done just about exactly what your about to do but without the email and downloading of games via flash drive,  interested in seeing if this works.  Keep us updated,  I’m still in talks with Nvidia at this time and have been sending gameplay footage,  so we can wait to see where that goes as well.  

7 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

Regards,

Braedon

Edit: To those interested I have attached an email I dispatched to Nvidia HR, Customer Service, and the CEO email. Before gunning me down saying, "ITS NOT JUST AN NVIDIA PROBLEM", please, read the attachedPlease Help Us.eml

You are absolutely correct that this isn’t just an Nvidia issue,  I have tried a few different amd gpus and got the same shitty results.

15 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

Regards,

Braedon

It will be expensive, but I suggest you build the rig with ALL NEW PARTS. It must be a clean rig. I recently bought a new GPU, MOBO, SSD, and CPU, but kept the same RAM, PSU, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. The problem persisted.

I think you are on the right track in trying to identify a trigger. For me the problem started in 2013 with Starcraft 2 and BF3. All of the Total War games were affected. However, BF1 and BF5 remain unaffected. Recently, the Witcher 3 became affected when I downloaded the expansions and other DLC.

I just don't know if it is software or hardware related. I went so far as to install Linux on a clean SSD, but it only made the problem worse. That tells me that it was not a software "Windows" issue. On the other hand, the problem persists even if I use the Intel integrated graphics, which tells me that it is not a Nvidia related issue. The problem persists across different GPUs. Over the years, I have changed every single part of that old rig, and the problem still exists. It seems like, if the problem shows up in a game, it is pretty much there to stay.

For the love of God, can we just find out if it is hardware or software related? That is a good place to start!

On 8/28/2019 at 4:06 AM, Harsh45 said:

Understandable but..  the graphics card renders the graphics and the display displays it,  don’t really think we need to get anymore technical than that.  If this wasn’t the case I could change my graphics settings through my monitor which is just silly.

Back to the awful graphics from my Xbox one x shown in those few screenshots above,  After watching others play that game on the same system it looks as if that particular game actually looks that bad on console.  I’m playing DMC 5 on Xbox one x now and it looks just fine.  

I think the the issue is still just with PCs and Laptops for me at least.

Monitors do render, thats the thing.

The scaler can seriously corrupt stippling effects if the panel native resolution does not match the input resolution.

I've noticed in Control DX11 mode I have very bad pop-in/low level of detail but when I run it in DX12 mode the same objects that were disappearing/reappearing in DX11 no longer do in DX12.

3 hours ago, lobolaw1984 said:

It will be expensive, but I suggest you build the rig with ALL NEW PARTS. It must be a clean rig. I recently bought a new GPU, MOBO, SSD, and CPU, but kept the same RAM, PSU, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. The problem persisted.

I think you are on the right track in trying to identify a trigger. For me the problem started in 2013 with Starcraft 2 and BF3. All of the Total War games were affected. However, BF1 and BF5 remain unaffected. Recently, the Witcher 3 became affected when I downloaded the expansions and other DLC.

I just don't know if it is software or hardware related. I went so far as to install Linux on a clean SSD, but it only made the problem worse. That tells me that it was not a software "Windows" issue. On the other hand, the problem persists even if I use the Intel integrated graphics, which tells me that it is not a Nvidia related issue. The problem persists across different GPUs. Over the years, I have changed every single part of that old rig, and the problem still exists. It seems like, if the problem shows up in a game, it is pretty much there to stay.

For the love of God, can we just find out if it is hardware or software related? That is a good place to start!

I am in fact starting from all new parts. Specs are as follows:

Ryzen 3800X

MSI X570 A-Pro

32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

MSI RTX 2080 tri-fan

Corsair 750w PSU 80+ Gold

Thermaltake RIING 360MM AIO

Cooler master H500M Case

In the case that it actually is a virus, I was reading up on how to protect yourself from malware that potentially auto runs, and the best solution I found aside from Malwarebytes and firewalls is to create a second user account that you use as a primary account on the pc without install rights, only entering the admin password for select downloads, thus preventing auto-run scripts.

I am only 16 and I really hope this new build works ok, ive been saving every cent for over two years.  I really can't afford another Dud.  Pray for me ladies and gentleman, as my final components come tomorrow.

nervouscat.jpeg.jpg