Literally don't understand my house

minimoose

So I'm not sure what materials my house is made of, but there are a lot of strange behaviors by my wifi. The weirdest though is this: my current access point is a unifi AC Lite, when I'm in the same room as the access point I get full signal strength, if I move into the next room I drop to like half strength, but if I move into the room after that, my signal goes BACK UP to like 75%. I don't understand how this works, does anyone understand how this works?

9 minutes ago, minimoose said:

So I'm not sure what materials my house is made of, but there are a lot of strange behaviors by my wifi. The weirdest though is this: my current access point is a unifi AC Lite, when I'm in the same room as the access point I get full signal strength, if I move into the next room I drop to like half strength, but if I move into the room after that, my signal goes BACK UP to like 75%. I don't understand how this works, does anyone understand how this works?

Sounds like you have interference from other devices in that room causing it to drop signal.

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Sounds like you have interference from other devices in that room causing it to drop signal.

This, if you own an Android Phone install WiFi analyser from the play store and run it, it will show you how much interference there is on each channel so you can switch over to the least congested one. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)