MasterCase5 MOD: Project TRON

Deblow
Go to solution Solved by TheCamba,
13 hours ago, Deblow said:

-snip-

Dang that is looking fine!

1 hour ago, paddy-stone said:

Well done, this is coming along nicely... can't wait to see the final build all up and working. Maybe a video?

I wouldn't have been able to wait about testing the 1080, that would have been thrown in a working PC and tested nicely :D

Happy Christmas to you too, hope you have a good one.

Thanks Paddy :)

Differently going to do a video, with all 3 tron mods as I haven't done a vid for some time now.

• 4 weeks later...

After a couple of delays I'm glad to report that the Tron project is complete! :D

I should have the final photos up during the next day or so, but today I just want to post some pics to completed the build log progress.

During the Christians holidays I finished of all the wiring but had to make a plan to light the sides panel edged but in a 
way that would keep them removable for maintenance. 

I'm using a the toughen tinted glass as the main window side and on the other side im using the panel I did the Tron airbrush work on, but I also 
have a clear plastic panel and plane black so might be having a swap around now and then.

20161220_203055_zpsaukcaq0q.jpg

The back and bottom edges are attached to the panel and the other side are on the case its self.

20161220_203101_zpsie3w1ljj.jpg

20170102_152034_zpshy1awj3i.jpg

Once the wire was glued in to place I had to do a couple of quick release connections for both the side and I ran the wires behind a removable cover plate I made from some plexi.

20170103_183227_zpsfpxoljrp.jpg

20170103_183236_zpsoou3xnbv.jpg

20170102_152020_zpsufzrv1rh.jpg

The logos for the bottom of the case also arrived this weekend so I finished of the PSU cover and added some lighting 
very tight squeeze behind the logos as I have the PSU, wires, tubing and a quick release for swapping out the water.

16106144_1345682025504185_842499773_o_zp

DSC_3914_zpsfvrpkm3p.jpg

Once I was happy with all the lighting I filled her up with some clear water to flush out any crap that might have got in during the build.
didn't take long to get the bubbles luckily :)

20161227_191759_zps2plcesle.jpg

Filled up with some shades of blue and a white before decided to go with a pale blue.

Also I mentioned earlier in the build that I wasn't sure if I would be sticking with black screws & bolts or painted them.
I did decided not to stick with black but instead of painting them I went ahead and polished 
them to a nice chrome looking finish that matches up better to a couple of the EK fittings. 

20170102_163334_zps5ne4uj8e.jpg

20170102_164113_zps2axw41lz.jpg

To finish of the build I covered all the delicate bits and gave the whole case another quick buff and polish as it had picked up some minor scratches
over the build progress as you can see under the light in the photo below.

20170106_175847_zpso3lpwkws.jpg

So thats it for the build log, I will be back soon with the final photos and then eventually a video hopefully :)

Today I will post what final photos I can, might take me a couple of days due to the slow 
server i'm using for the photos..

I do plan to upload a lot of photos but I will try split them best I can.
Really want to show the case under all lighting conditions and with as many options 
as possible covered to help answer questions before you even ask :D

There's always someone that asks, but what's it look like in the daylight, what if it gets wet! ??? :D

I know you will have already seen the paintwork if you followed the the log but I have done some extra buffing and a nice wax 
polish to protect one of the hardest paint jobs I ever attempted and my first ever proper style airbrush, not perfect but better than I expected tbh :)

So, 1st photo is one I put together with the sponsors listed to show some respect.
stuck mini Tron in there also, cos he's cute.
white Tron is deep within my bike shed but I will dig it our at a later date for full family shoot lol

Main%201_zpskl0fo24p.jpg

DSC_3787a_zpsfzm3lxnt.jpg

DSC_3794a_zpsvziafxfq.jpg

DSC_3801a_zpson32i0f9.jpg

DSC_3796a_zpsgvln5ioc.jpg

Very happy with the internal layout and colour, I had used some other colours and tube directions but went with this one for a couple of reasons I 
will go over when I post the older photos (test shots)

MINI and big Tron..
(very low light)

DSC_3919b_zpsqsq9nx2k.jpg

DSC_3924a_zpszp7kd6sy.jpg

(LED kitchen lighting on)
I will mention the lighting now and then so you better understand how the case lighting and paintwork are reacting under them conditions. 
Hope this will be useful to some of you.

DSC_3832a_zps3l46eoyw.jpg

DSC_3833a_zpscnxy7onl.jpg

DSC_3932a_zpsbcdcrhk5.jpg

DSC_3916a_zps4wf8hray.jpg

The front disc is removable, should be some photos up later showing with and without the disc.

DSC_3839a_zpsziwwdtyf.jpg

Reflection looks better than real life :o
thanks to the spot lights messing with my hand..

DSC_3908_zpshfzy8fyp.jpg

Like the sides, the front is also removable.

DSC_3934_zpsty5m3o44.jpg

DSC_3935a_zpslsa3dftc.jpg

DSC_3938_zpsvcgbeupt.jpg

On 06/08/2016 at 2:54 AM, Deblow said:

Main2%20Small_zpsb02wau9r.jpg~original

Hi all,

I'm very happy to be doing this MOD, Its something I have dabbled with in the past but not on a big scale.
My very first PC MOD, around 2003, was inspired by the original TRON movie, I loved the movie as a kid, 
and with the help of some other movies like Blade runner and the Terminator, I was hocked on futuristic tech and sci-fi.

Here is the 1st MOD to give you a good idea how the EL wire will look.

13913912_1826419207586782_25579031151965

So when CoolerMaster kindly offered me a MasterCase 5 I jumped all over it, the case is fantastic, 
for anyone that's seen my project: Alternate desk build, you will already know I love the 
sharp looking designs and it fits perfect with the Tron theme.

Moving on to the colours, I couldn't decide if to paint it all gloss black or white, so I'm going to paint the inside white and the outside black.
I think it will look cool but should I be wrong I might do a last minuet change to the white interior and go with all black.

The lighting is going to be a nice blue and I've also got some white,blue and UV dyes to play with for the cooling.

As always, please do let me know your thoughts as I progress.

SPECS:

Case: Cooler Master, MasterCase Maker5
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR
Storage: Crucial, MX300 750GB SSD
RAM: Crucial, 32GB kit, DDR4-3000
PSU: Cooler Master, MasterWatt Maker 1200

INCOMING:
GPU: Nvidia gtx1080 Founders edition 
Motherboard: Gigabyte x99 ultra gaming

COOLING -
RAD's: EK, Coolstream SE 240 and Coolstream PE 360.
Pump: EK, XTOP Revo D5 PWM 
GPU Block: EK-FC1080 GTX 
CPU Block: EK, Supremacy EVO
RES: EK-RES X3 250
EK Hard Tube, compression Fittings and dyes.

LIGHTING -
EL Panel and Tape kindly provided the EL lighting for the project.
Drivers
Extensions & Splitters 
EL tape's
EL wire

Big Thank You to all my sponsors and followers 

Links.

Cooler_Master_Logo_Slogan_Right%20-%20Co

Creative-Logo_zpsfjheomh9.jpg

Gigabyte_logo_zpsmxhti15h.jpg

image001_zpsirl30zks.png

Crucial-Logo_zps9cfxuhgx.jpg

nvidia_logo_horizontal_zpsixjsjrcf.jpg~o

thumbnail_paneland-logo-squ-full_zpsx1vt

Time to crack on! :)

Awesome project you got there, sure got some more ideas for my mod :)

One question: Is there any forum or photos i can get acess too of the your 1st modding you showed up here? I have a similar case and wanted to do some modding on that and i wanted some ideias :P

1 hour ago, snowPT said:

One question: Is there any forum or photos i can get acess too of the your 1st modding you showed up here? I have a similar case and wanted to do some modding on that and i wanted some ideias :P

What mod was it? case or desk?
You can get the most photos from FB page and will be faster I would think. @ megadeblow same for youtube, should be adding some vids in a week or 2

Got some more photos incoming, closeup of the outside, inside and a couple of colours I ran though with the internal RGB lighting so you can see how it effects the water and tap.

Not all of the photos will have the EL tape lighting on and some photos are daylight, room light, direct light and no light.

DSC_3855_zpsrtrq4fos.jpg

DSC_3859a_zps0brlm9nq.jpg

DSC_3899a_zpsyndrn0dk.jpg

DSC_3905a_zpsrgsws8pz.jpg

DSC_3906a_zpsmsktsy54.jpg

DSC_3929a_zpsxzltdprn.jpg

DSC_3933a_zpsflw2g8ox.jpg

DSC_3947a_zpsgvan5mjf.jpg

DSC_3860a_zpssibfvlct.jpg

30 minutes ago, Deblow said:

What mod was it? case or desk?
You can get the most photos from FB page and will be faster I would think. @ megadeblow same for youtube, should be adding some vids in a week or 2

I was talking about the case modding that you did on 2003 xD Your first one!

16 minutes ago, snowPT said:

I was talking about the case modding that you did on 2003 xD Your first one!

lol omg, I think I had some photos on FB I will check later.. they was just plane photos though nothing special as I never intended to post them online at the time... with dial-up it would have taken too long lol

10 minutes ago, Deblow said:

lol omg, I think I had some photos on FB I will check later.. they was just plane photos though nothing special as I never intended to post them online at the time... with dial-up it would have taken too long lol

Sure, thanks :)

Ok final post unless something new pops up to report back on :)
Although I do have a total of 200+ photos if anyone want to see them I might add to FB later..

The day shots, some randoms and finishing of with EL wire only lighting in the dark.

DSC_3963a_zps3iwvtq4t.jpg

DSC_3965_zps2o4tqtf5.jpg

DSC_3967a_zpsfjobill3.jpg

DSC_3962_zpsw8jocnsi.jpg

DSC_3951a_zpsovy0ota0.jpg

DSC_3927_zps5f1qwz5c.jpg

Should have used some more EL tape for this bottom cover for a more even light, very tight space behind as I have some extra bits in there to make flushing the system a bit more easy.

DSC_3915_zpsu0l9owtq.jpg

DSC_3897_zpssyxl84ym.jpg

DSC_3894a_zpslduygcdl.jpg

DSC_3890_zps4m30ukgi.jpg

DSC_3884a_zpso42vxosz.jpg

DSC_3874a_zpsnrez2vcw.jpg

DSC_3870a_zpscqms0lze.jpg

DSC_3868a_zps5lpdzgpp.jpg

DSC_3867a_zpssksasy44.jpg

DSC_3865a_zpsuk8n9l1i.jpg

DSC_3873a_zpsrr5mh0qx.jpg

Been a great build to work on, the case was a perfect fit for the Tron theme and I hope everyone likes what I did with the case and parts.
when I get a chance I will grab the white tron from the shed and get that group shot :)

For now though I'm done, thanks for all the comments and feel free to let me know if I missed anything out or you have something you want to ask. 

Until the next time :)

Rob (Megadeblow) Deluce.

3 hours ago, snowPT said:

Please snip your reply for mobile users

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, all 3 tron projects together.

DSC_4014_zpsgszrrpaz.jpg

Video also now uploaded, just a short one.

Big Thanks to all that have taken time to comment on my project log btw :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Final Updates!

Large EL panel to replace the RGB back-lighting as it was very uneven. 

CoolerMaster headset and Keyboard modded to match the case.

20170317_193413_zpsidbhgqsh.jpg

20170316_231544_zpsidthiyp0.jpg

20170317_193824_zpsiedrhu0j.jpg

20170317_200004_zpsooxvfz7a.jpg

20170317_203539_zpsht13sqk0.jpg

20170321_164444_zps5pr2fpld.jpg

20170328_162359_zps7hapnzlj.jpg

Awesome build man, The sound card looks really sick well played. 

More just surprised you didn't change out the red LED for the front i/O to the blue, also have you tried it with blue water in the pipes ? since everything else is white could give that nice contrast, like the lightbikes trails,

Also have you considered popping open the SSD and cutting the groves for EL tape on them since it should be a pretty thin PCB inside it, should be able to get EL in there nice and smooth ? 

Otherwise such a clean build man, Would have been cool to throw a MSI titanium into it for more white color :P 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

Awesome build man, The sound card looks really sick well played. 

More just surprised you didn't change out the red LED for the front i/O to the blue, also have you tried it with blue water in the pipes ? since everything else is white could give that nice contrast, like the lightbikes trails,

Also have you considered popping open the SSD and cutting the groves for EL tape on them since it should be a pretty thin PCB inside it, should be able to get EL in there nice and smooth ? 

Otherwise such a clean build man, Would have been cool to throw a MSI titanium into it for more white color :P 

Thank you for the nice reply, yeah have used blue dye, 2 or 3 shades and I thought I had posted some photos already?
if not on here they must be on my FB page, it looked ok but I liked the pale blue/white im using now as it changes colour better than when it was dark.
I'm tempted to add a little more blue to the mix again though.

for the SSD and some other bits, didn't want to get EL too close to the PCB's due to interference or anything else that might cause a problem, not 100% sure how safe it would
be but I might do something at a later date when the parts are a bit more dated :D

Was not 100% sure if I would go with blue EL or red until after the case was painted and other bits was done, by the time I remembered about the red LEDs I was at a stage that changing them was just not worth the time needed to undo the work already done to get them back out. :(

Again, might swap them to blue at a later date if I get some spare time..

• 3 weeks later...

Tron cycle update!

While at the Makerfaire event I bumped in to some nice guys from 3D GBIRE, they had some Ultimakers out on demo and kindly said
they would do me a quick print, by quick I mean 15hrs lol..

anyway, this is the result and its not bad for medium settings.

20170401_182443_zpscekv9vyq.jpg

20170402_101738_zpsxarnhrgj.jpg

20170402_104747_zpscp3zb4iy.jpg

20170402_131850_zpswocnjrxp.jpg

made some double sided EL tape by folding and gluing.

17975935_1455081104564276_1119339712_o_z

This is just resting on the case, not sure where I will place it as yet, maybe on the inside..

17968823_1455078997897820_1985369265_o_z