[Mouse]What is durability?

Austin Powers

I was looking the specifications on this mouse. I was wondering... What's durability (Buttons (Left / Right): 8 million clicks) means?

Pretty much that you can click the left or right button 8 million times before it wares out.

It's the mean time between failure. They do testing with loads of the different buttons and they take an average of how many clicks it took before it stopped working. It's probably rounded quite a bit too.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

So you're telling me that there's an expiry date of that mouse after 8million clicks? Is mouse meant to live like that or other mouse from different company also have this kind durability in a different value of clicks?

So you're telling me that there's an expiry date of that mouse after 8million clicks? Is mouse meant to live like that or other mouse from different company also have this kind durability in a different value of clicks?

It's not going to go bad after 8 million clicks; it's just that the manufacturer has to give an estimated time of how long the mouse should last. Obviously it is dependent on how well you treat your mouse. You may find it lasts you shorter than 8 million clicks, may find it lasts longer; but just keep in mind how big 8 million is, you won't be clicking that many times any time soon. Different manufacturers will have different levels of durability, but it's all relative and there won't be a huge difference unless you buy a really budget mouse in which case that may last you a shorter time than a more quality made one.

Any mechanical system have an "expiry date", including all your plugs on your computers.

As metal or plastic bends, when pressed by you or a plug or whatever, even if it takes back it's shape after you remove the plug, or your finger, you wearing out the metal or plastic and it will eventually break. It has nothing to do with cheap quality, it is just how things are.

By the way, this is a pretty nice mouse, especially if you want a hybrid plugged in and wireless mouse. Where on wireless you have no wire fuzz for general gaming and computer usage, and plugged in you have high performance and high DPI on needed games.

i use the G700. its awesome. i suggest you try it at a local computer store to see if it fits your hand. not all mice are made with the same shape

*Sigh* Maybe should stop spamming clicks on MMORPG games. FPS should be ok. One more thing, is mechanical keyboards the same too?

*Sigh* Maybe should stop spamming clicks on MMORPG games. FPS should be ok. One more thing' date=' is mechanical keyboards the same too?[/quote']

Everything wears out dude. You can't use anything forever.

That said, I'm not sure you're appreciating how large 8 million clicks is...Maybe try one of the things mentioned here for a day or so, average out the results and then calculate how long your mouse would last if you did that every single day, without fail.