HiddenFox
Go to solution Solved by HiddenFox,

Issue Fixed 05/08/16

Used device manager and disabled and re-enabled my GPU

(FPS restored to norm)

EDIT

Turns out my 650 Ti was running in PCIe x1.1 according to GPU-Z
 Disabling and Enabling allowed a x3.0 connection

When I'm playing games randomly my fps drops into the 10-20 range, sometimes this can happen often other times not at all. But the FPS is restored if i boost my GPU voltage up. i am wondering what the error my be...

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

1 minute ago, DoYouEvenPotato said:

When I'm playing games randomly my fps drops into the 10-20 range, sometimes this can happen often other times not at all. But the FPS is restored if i boost my GPU voltage up. i am wondering what the error my be...

My friend was having this problem and he upgraded his PSU and motherboard and it was perfectly fine.  It could be the PSU not outputting enough power at times or becoming faulty.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

1 minute ago, DoYouEvenPotato said:

Please note that I am not calling you an idiot or making fun of you in any way. HOWEVER, I really hate when people say randomly, when really they mean intermittently. It's an unjustified pet peeve, and I'm sorry. /fin

Anyhow. It could be your GPU throttling itself. What are the temps looking like?

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

1.Its spelled dying not dieing

2.Might not be the GPU but the PSU

21 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

My friend was having this problem and he upgraded his PSU and motherboard and it was perfectly fine.  It could be the PSU not outputting enough power at times or becoming faulty.

I hope its not my PSU and I doubt it will be but i will investigate this with my other gpu and see what happens thanks for the response.

21 minutes ago, Remixt said:

Please note that I am not calling you an idiot or making fun of you in any way. HOWEVER, I really hate when people say randomly, when really they mean intermittently. It's an unjustified pet peeve, and I'm sorry. /fin

Anyhow. It could be your GPU throttling itself. What are the temps looking like?

My GPU stays in the high 50s and low 60's on BF3 on a summers day so I doubt heat is an issue.

20 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

1.Its spelled dying not dieing

2.Might not be the GPU but the PSU

1. Thank you, fixed

2.I will look into the problem by swapping my GPU

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

Just now, DoYouEvenPotato said:

I hope its not my PSU and I doubt it will be but i will investigate this with my other gpu and see what happens thanks for the response.

My GPU stays in the high 50s and low 60's on BF3 on a summers day so I doubt heat is an issue.

1. Thank you fixed

2.I will look into the problem by swapping my GPU

No problem

Issue Fixed 05/08/16

Used device manager and disabled and re-enabled my GPU

(FPS restored to norm)

EDIT

Turns out my 650 Ti was running in PCIe x1.1 according to GPU-Z
 Disabling and Enabling allowed a x3.0 connection

I was going to say blow the dust outta the card, but looks like you got it already. What a weird issue, good troubleshooting!

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--