H100i Coolant temps are very high

My problem is that the coolant temperature on the h100i is getting far too hot. For example while playing project cars the coolant hit 62 Degrees Celcius after about 30 minutes (with a 970). The CPU was only at 40% load. But the CPU was between 75-80 Degrees. The CPU is a 4770k at stock voltage and Core Clock. 

This has only just started happening in the last two weeks. But in corsair link the fan speed and pump speed is normal (pump about 2300RPM Fans about 2000RPM). Before It would be hitting 45 Degrees (Coolant temp) while rendering a video. Also, the weather hasn't changed much still an ambient of 20.

My theory is that there must be a problem with the radiator as it surely can't be the thermal paste as the coolant is still getting really hot. The cooler is on the 'balanced' profile. 

Also, I regularly de-dust the radiator with compressed air. 

Something Awesome!

feel if the pump is still running(finger on cpu block-> vibrating) and check if the fans are ok

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

6 minutes ago, montyrule said:

Check if the pump is actually running.

If it is, take off the waterblock, replace the thermal paste and reinstall the waterblock. The H100i is notorious for having a finnicky mount on some sockets.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

On 8/5/2016 at 10:28 AM, McHox said:

feel if the pump is still running(finger on cpu block-> vibrating) and check if the fans are ok

There was a little bit of vibration coming from the pump and the fans are kicking out lots of air. 

On 8/5/2016 at 10:30 AM, ThinkWithPortals said:

Check if the pump is actually running.

If it is, take off the waterblock, replace the thermal paste and reinstall the waterblock. The H100i is notorious for having a finnicky mount on some sockets.

The pump feels like it is running, it's starting to look like I might have to do that. 

Something Awesome!

Are the fans actually pushing HOT air out of the radiator? Or is it just cool feeling? If your CPU is truly hot, the air should feel pretty warm coming off the rad.

I suspect you're in a similar boat to me with my 4670K in that the TIM between the CPU die and the heat spreader is going to sh*t. 

2 hours ago, shibbs said:

Are the fans actually pushing HOT air out of the radiator? Or is it just cool feeling? If your CPU is truly hot, the air should feel pretty warm coming off the rad.

I suspect you're in a similar boat to me with my 4670K in that the TIM between the CPU die and the heat spreader is going to sh*t. 

The air is feeling cool...

Something Awesome!

9 hours ago, montyrule said:

The air is feeling cool...

Yup. You're most likely having TIM issues. Look into delidding your CPU, or cut back on the overclock. 

I cant clock more than4.2GHZ @ 1.25VCore, or my temp spikes to 85C on my 4670K immediately.