Stinky Footboard - where to buy

LinusTech

Worldwide at http://stinkyfootboard.com

Amazon: http://geni.us/hZPb

Best Buy: http://bit.ly/1aldcmp

Future Shop: http://bit.ly/1bY3uII

The Stinky footboard isn't cheap. Let's get that out of the way right now.

With that said, it's not really that much more expensive than other gaming peripherals. At around $100, it's competitive with a decent joystick, mid-range racing wheel, reasonable quality gaming headset, high end mouse and a mid-range mechanical keyboard.

So what do you get for your money? Well, you get a new way to issue commands to your PC. Frankly my demo in the video probably isn't the best because short of push to talk I can't think of too many scenarios in TF2 where I would want to hold down a command, but for games like Battlefield... This is a gamer's wet dream. Watch the video to learn more as always!

interesting

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

This will be amazing for FPS games

I think things like this are more for games where you use more buttons like MMOs, also a nice idea for people who don't have the use of their hands or at least not the full use of them

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I think things like this are more for games where you use more buttons like MMOs, also a nice idea for people who don't have the use of their hands or at least not the full use of them

True.

During a intense firefight it could be useful like in BF, that's were my minds at from playing the beta :D 

Please don't take this the wrong way Linus, but do your editors proof watch their videos before uploading. There was an obvious error in the video at 2:16:

xctkymjx.mb4.png

It isn't a huge error and I'm sure it's easy to fix but it isn't the first time I've seen something like this in one of your videos. It's these sorts of little things which, in my opinion, separate a professional video from an amateur one. 

I love your videos and will continue to watch them but these little errors bother me. 

Cheers

Now somebody is going to actually implement the butt-plug idea and everybody who doesn't like shoving things up their butt will not be able to compete... then we have to deal with another stereotype: gamers like it up their ass... thanks Linus :blink: ...

Clench to prone  :D  that's epic...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Please don't take this the wrong way Linus, but do your editors proof watch their videos before uploading. There was an obvious error in the video at 2:16:

-SNIP-

It isn't a huge error and I'm sure it's easy to fix but it isn't the first time I've seen something like this in one of your videos. It's these sorts of little things which, in my opinion, separate a professional video from an amateur one. 

I love your videos and will continue to watch them but these little errors bother me. 

Cheers

have you seen the livestream, linus is far from professional (personally I think it's a good thing) :P the content of linus' videos is his strong point not his professionalism 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I don't understand the need for a USB powered buttplug (as the video thumbnail mentions)

What kind of added functionality could you achieve with such a product?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I don't understand the need for a USB powered buttplug (as the video thumbnail mentions)

well when u play an FPS game and some one surprises you

you automatically clench your butt which could be usefull

if the butt blug detects pressure it would automatically press the F button for a knife jab

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I was excited when I heard about this at first, but then quickly disappointed once the keys were shown... They are but simple mechanical key switches. Would have been so much better if it used an analog input to make it usable outside of macro hotkeys.

By using an analog input with 4 way axis, could have been configured for any number of things including rudder pedals, racing games, or as a foot D-pad with custom configured sensitivities for how far down you push before it registers a key press.

I'm still waiting for pressure sensitive gaming keyboards to take a similar approach. I'm tired of pressing shift plus W to sprint, I'd much rather press W lightly to walk, and get increasingly faster as I press harder until the key bottoms out and I'm in a full sprint.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Speed up GAS PEDAL GAS PEDAL GAS PEDAL GAS PEDAL NOW SPEED UP GAS PEDAL GAS PEDAL

$$金Trill金$$

well when u play an FPS game and some one surprises you

you automatically clench your butt which could be usefull

if the butt blug detects pressure it would automatically press the F button for a knife jab

it would never catch on. I mean, I would give it a try but most people would shy away.

I wish I had some sort of know how when it comes to electronics and engineering because I would make this in a heartbeat just to say I did it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I would like to have one, just that money should go into my pc, which is lacking.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I want two. :D

I would bind them to things regarding the Helicopter in BF4. That would make flying it quite a bit more fun I think. 

Plus, removing the need for movement keys (i.e. moving them to the Stinky board), would reallllllly open up what I could do on the keyboard. I often hate switching between action keys (things that use items, like 1-4, or the like) and movement keys (for me, ESDF). It just messes up my mojo if I lose my place and have to find it on the keyboard again. 

I just question how easy it would be to use one of these with a single foot. Rather than how Linus does it in the video (two feet for one peripheral). Maybe all light springs would help.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Now somebody is going to actually implement the butt-plug idea and everybody who doesn't like shoving things up their butt will not be able to compete... then we have to deal with another stereotype: gamers like it up their ass... thanks Linus :blink: ...

If this idea ever comes to life, I don't think the foot board would be the most appropriate candidate among peripherals for the name "stinky"...  :unsure:

Force feedback.

NCIX: n/a

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1fYN4oH

Best Buy: http://bit.ly/1aldcmp

Future Shop: http://bit.ly/1bY3uII

The Stinky footboard isn't cheap. Let's get that out of the way right now.

The Razor Trouser Snake 2013 is in prototype, we'll send you one "for testing", shortly.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

If this idea ever comes to life, I don't think the foot board would be the most appropriate candidate among peripherals for the name "stinky"... :unsure:

They'd just call it the sh***y plug

Yea exactly.  I think this would be awesome for MMOs, definitely better than having a grid of buttons on a mouse or a bank of macro keys on your keyboard.  It might even make gaming more fun.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

What the bloody hell is that thing? I dont really understand how i'd use it...

With your foot I believe

BUTT PLUG IDEA IS GENIUS!!!

We all see things differently or the same or unique, whichever.