Very interested in "hacking"

johnadams123412
3 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Only do it for ethical reasons as the US laws were written a long time ago so $15,000 of damage gets you 20 years in prison and a $100K fine. To put that in perspective. Mess up a companies file system and they loose $50,000 that day. If I were you do some bounty hunting. Google pays big money for bugs that you find and tell the about. Companies also pay people like this to test their security. Best way to learn. Trial and error. There is no boot on how to hack as it changes every day with patches and so on. Once you know the root of how computers function you can play around. But true hacking now days is just social engineering

this is what I mean 

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

2 hours ago, garbalen said:

Pick up some books. If you are interested in hacking webpages, get information on Apache and IIS. If you want to get into the school's Cisco router, you should probably learn that. It's not like the movies, and you actually have to learn the systems you want to target other than running someone else's scripts. If you brute forced your way into the schools Cisco router for example, you wouldn't even know what to do at a command line without learning the IOS. 

lol

>brute force ciscuck router

good fucking luck

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

4 hours ago, IshGames said:

So since I was young

You still are...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

8 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

You still are...

Younger***********************************************

14 hours ago, IshGames said:

So since I was young, ive always enjoyed movies about cyber situations. Hacking, servers, ect.. And recently its been real annoying because I have no clue how to get into any of it. And I dont mean hacking as in the negative connotation that comes along it. 

I really just want to learn everything, its literally fascinating to me. Any ideas or anyone take me under their wing? I have a lot of free time so im willing to learn as hard as it may be.

I suggest you enroll on a ethical hacking course at college or university.

hacking by nature is unethical, google spafford for a nice study on ethics of hacking, its also illegal unless you have permission.

remeber that just because your friend says you can hack my computer remotely your ISP which network you use would not also creating of a virus us illegal as is distribution.

you really have to watch what you're doing.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

It's really nothing like what you see in the movies for the most part. Many attacks just involve "pointing" a program to your target and letting it do its thing for hours, then using collected information to act as if you were authorized to do what you want to do. Other attacks are about finding and exploiting vulnerabilities in a certain piece of software, but that can be a long, tedious and frustrating process unless it's done with a script, in which case it can be ineffective.

Nowadays what is most effective seems to be just social engineering, where you use publicly available information on your target to take educated guesses at their passwords or contact their ISP to get a copy of their SIM (which is ridiculous). Once you are inside their email account you pretty much hit the jackpot as most people use their private email address to sign up for services and reset their passwords.

Of course I don't condone any of this and if you do this I'll find you and put a Balrog under your bed. You have been warned.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*