Very slow boot time M.2

So i don't really understand why this takes soo long time to boot.  Anyone got a sulotion to make it faster?

Here is a video to demonstrate:

PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K [Broadwell-E] [@4.2GHz]

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Intel® 335 SSD 240GB

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780

(Waiting for Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC)

The time before the windows loading icon is bios time. You can check it by going to task manager and going to the startup tab. I suggest optimizing your motherboard settings.

3 minutes ago, Nf3xf said:

So i don't really understand why this takes soo long time to boot.  Anyone got a sulotion to make it faster?

Joy's of X99 mate.

You only count from when you see the dot circle, all the other time before that is X99 related memory training etc etc.

This is quiet normal.

What Captain_Sisko said. 

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)

2 minutes ago, Pauleh said:

What Captain_Sisko said. 

No, X99 has a long BIOS cold boot time, there's nothing you can do in the BIOS settings to "speed it up", if you enable fast boot all the BIOS does is bypass memory training which is VERY BAD for memory stability.

I have 2 x99 systems both have a longer than "consumer grade" hardware BIOS boot times, it's normal.

On 8/2/2016 at 9:00 PM, Schoolofmonkey said:

No, X99 has a long BIOS cold boot time, there's nothing you can do in the BIOS settings to "speed it up", if you enable fast boot all the BIOS does is bypass memory training which is VERY BAD for memory stability.

I have 2 x99 systems both have a longer than "consumer grade" hardware BIOS boot times, it's normal.

I'm not saying that it will make them 100% perfect, I'm just saying that it will make it a touch faster. I.E. keep fastboot on, and disable all unnecessary things in there etc. It's always a good idea to go in and tidy up your bios.

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)

4 hours ago, Pauleh said:

I'm not saying that it will make them 100% perfect, I'm just saying that it will make it a touch faster. I.E. keep fastboot on, and disable all unnecessary things in there etc. It's always a good idea to go in and tidy up your bios.

No turning on Fastboot on a X99 system using XMP is bad, very bad, the system will not train the memory correctly which introduces stability problems.

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but have you had much experience with the x99 platform, I really don't recommend suggesting to anyone to just go fiddling in the BIOS and "turn things off" if you don't know what you're doing.

I'll tell you straight out, there is no way to speed up a x99 cold boot other than fast boot, and that's not recommended unless you're running stock 2133Mhz (Haswell-E) or 2400Mhz (Broadwell-E) DDR4 as there's no overclocking on that ram.

I went through all this when I first built my X99 rig 18+ months ago, my wife's 4790k machine boots quicker, but again it's not and advanced as a X99 system.