New Asus ROG mobos and Z87 chipset!

Aadi

Asus is preparing new innovations for the upcoming Haswell architecture and Z87 chipset! on the site they are "True ROG innovations"...Here is a slight teaser to make you drool! http://rog.asus.com/214922013/news/rog-asus-z87-motherboard-teasers/

What do you think the pictures mean? And what do you think of the new upcoming "Gryphon"?

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Free M&Ms with each motherboard purchase, that's all I've got haha

Should i be interested when i am using a i7-3930k?

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

Should i be interested when i am using a i7-3930k?
No :P 3930k is a 2011 chip and will still be faster than any of the haswell lga 1150 chips because the 3930k has more cores.

Although on second though, the haswell chips wil have a higher ipc, so they *might* be better for gaming by a bit but I digress. 3930k will more than likely beat all 1150 chips in multithreaded performance because I don't think 1150 is going beyond 4 cores.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

ASUS: "Imma charging mah lazer!" lol

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Any one knows what special features the Z87 chipset will have?

It's too early, but Intel engineers have called Haswell an "OVerclocker's dream" in a reddit ama...I can't wait to understand what this actually means!

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

M&M = you can get your motherboard in a range of colours!!!

hope thats true

Any one knows what special features the Z87 chipset will have?
Intel is saying that all CPUs will be overclockable??

In reference to Haswell being an overclockers dream,

they have said that each CPU will be already based a higher stock clock rate. probaly around 3.8 or 3.9, and that the cpu voltages will be able to be stretched farther than before. Haswell is also supposed to run alot cooler, meaning you can use that voltage potential. I for one am going to wait for the new CPU's and the z87 platform to come out for sure because i am about to upgrade my system, but i feel the wait is going to be worth it. Although, we still have yet to hear any news about IVY BRIDGE - E, which has been talked about, but no release date. Because those things are going to FLY when they come out.

• 4 weeks later...

should i bother i am using a phenom 2 1090ton a crosshair4 extreme