GTX 970 Refund

Has anyone got a refund from amazon UK yet if they brought they GTX 970 from there?

I thought it was only for US users.

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

Just now, Warning said:

I thought it was only for US users.

:(, well I spoke to amazon today and they said they will look into it and get back to me. Also, scan.co.uk have and are issuing refunds so it can't only be US users only,

ah ok I must have heard it differently. 

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

Just now, Warning said:

ah ok I must have heard it differently. 

Well, we will see, if I get a refund I will mention it here. Do you own a GTX 970, did you get a refund? If so was it 20% of the price you paid for the GTX 970 or the price of the GTX 970 now?

4 minutes ago, lukesterboy said:

Well, we will see, if I get a refund I will mention it here. Do you own a GTX 970, did you get a refund? If so was it 20% of the price you paid for the GTX 970 or the price of the GTX 970 now?

im in canada. how did you go about the refund ? i own one and dont even have a clue what to do

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Just now, Midnitewarrior4 said:

im in canada. how did you go about the refund ? i own one and dont even have a clue what to do

Well I just contacted amazon.co.uk on a live chat told them that I brought the GTX 970 from them and want to see if I am eligible for a refund, they told me they will contact me within the next few days. Haven't had the refund yet but if you contact the company you bought it from and have proof of purchase such as a receipt or digitally online you should be good.

Just now, lukesterboy said:

Well I just contacted amazon.co.uk on a live chat told them that I brought the GTX 970 from them and want to see if I am eligible for a refund, they told me they will contact me within the next few days. Haven't had the refund yet but if you contact the company you bought it from and have proof of purchase such as a receipt or digitally online you should be good.

ok, ya i archived all my online order forms and order updates for all my components, i just found the one for my 970 and ill email the retailer now with my order id and see what happens, paid a total of 470$ so i should get 47$

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

13 minutes ago, lukesterboy said:

is it 20% or 10 ? i thought it was 10 cause the 970 in the us was 350 and their giving out 30

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

9 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

ok, ya i archived all my online order forms and order updates for all my components, i just found the one for my 970 and ill email the retailer now with my order id and see what happens, paid a total of 470$ so i should get 47$

I believe its 20% we should get not 10% like you have calculated.

What's this about refunds?

I heard something about 970 owners getting $30 each because of a settlement a few days ago, but nothing about refund stuff.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

What's this about refunds?

I heard something about 970 owners getting $30 each because of a settlement a few days ago, but nothing about refund stuff.

Well, settlement money then but I'm just calling it a refund. Is it set $30 no matter what GTX 970 you brought or 20% of what you paid for your 970? I haven't really looked into it.

1 minute ago, lukesterboy said:

Well, settlement money then but I'm just calling it a refund. Is it set $30 no matter what GTX 970 you brought or 20% of what you paid for your 970? I haven't really looked into it.

I'd think a refund would include returning the graphics card.

I read $30, so I'd assume it's a fixed amount.

It'd be more of compensation than a refund.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, TheKDub said:

Ah ok. Well, a refund can just money back a refund doesn't always require returning the product/object.

1 hour ago, TheKDub said:

30$ usd it will go up and down based on your currency

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

22 hours ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

30$ usd it will go up and down based on your currency

Ok. Did you get the refund in the end?

16 minutes ago, lukesterboy said:

Ok. Did you get the refund in the end?

lol i wish, retailer still hasnt contacted me about it

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

14 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

lol i wish, retailer still hasnt contacted me about it

Ok. But we know for sure its $30/£30?

I live in Canada and ordered a 970 from newegg.ca and I emailed them about people outside the USA getting the rebate and here is their reply...

We are aware of the NVIDIA lawsuit and we’ re working with them directly for more instructions on how to handle the issue. Owners of the Nvidia will be receiving an email from us with more information. Please keep an eye out for an email from Newegg.

So it seems like people outside the USA may get the rebate too, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edited by Ronin64
Spelling error

On 01/08/2016 at 11:25 PM, lukesterboy said:

:(, well I spoke to amazon today and they said they will look into it and get back to me. Also, scan.co.uk have and are issuing refunds so it can't only be US users only,

More info onthis please? I got my 970s from scan, but am currentlly having a clusterfuck of problems with them over my motherboard.

Well Ive emailed them about this as well, and will wait for a reply. A full refund would be amazing and help with all the costs due to the nightmares Ive been having with my motherboard atm.

Linus is my fetish.

55 minutes ago, Bhav said:

More info onthis please? I got my 970s from scan, but am currentlly having a clusterfuck of problems with them over my motherboard.

Well Ive emailed them about this as well, and will wait for a reply. A full refund would be amazing and help with all the costs due to the nightmares Ive been having with my motherboard atm.

You may get refund for your motherboard if you bought it recently or they will exchange it. There's no way you're getting a full refund on the 970 though. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

Well newegg.ca sent me another email and it seems this rebate is only for people in the USA....

Thank you for contacting Newegg regarding the class action lawsuit settlement with Nvidia regarding the GTX 970 graphics card.  We have not received any information in regards to Canadian purchases for the GTX 970. In the event that we receive any information from Nvidia, we will notify you. 

Well i contacted amazon like i said but they haven't got back to me :(. Maybe I'm out of luck.