Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Here is everything you need to know - OUT NOW!

GoodBytes
4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Doesn't work for me, just gives this screen as soon as I run it?

Also, English link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history?ocid=update_setting_client

Yea, I already put the English link in the main post. But thanks in any case!

If its like Insider preview, you may need to restart your system, and check for updates.

I hope this update will fix my icon issues... Many of my icons on my desktop don't show the right icon, it just shows the missing icons icon.

I have to clear the thumbnail cache nearly everyday to get them back... until the next reboot when they are gone again.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Yea, I already put the English link in the main post. But thanks in any case!

If its like Insider preview, you may need to restart your system, and check for updates.

I did not have to restart, just running it a 3th time did the trick. But I think it's just doning things in the background untill the desktop shortcut to install the update show up because I suddenly have one.
But I can't verify that.

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

Cortana for Android is unavailable in the UK so can't link my phone to my PC, oh Microsoft.

Going to give Edge a go now that extensions are out, got AdBlock just need a script blocking app.

My force update worked! I am now restarting to finish the install.

1 minute ago, Wyzzy Moon said:

My force update worked! I am now restarting to finish the install.

How did you do it exactly? I've redownloaded the tool and ran it countless times but it just doesn't work for me?

Would you zip up the upgrade tool you've got and upload it to mega pls?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

The media creation tool now works anyway so no need to use the updater tool. That updater tool still hadn't worked for me. As long as you download it, right click it and go to properties and then details, and if the File Version says 10.0.14393.0 then it will be the anniversary update.

Well I've no idea what I did but finally the upgrade tool is working :D

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

How did you do it exactly? I've redownloaded the tool and ran it countless times but it just doesn't work for me?

Would you zip up the upgrade tool you've got and upload it to mega pls?

My pc is restarting for the update at the moment but when i am done,  sure.  Although it really is the same one

Force update doesn't work for me.

Using the updater tool linked previously, it just keep saying "checking for updates" and the window closes itself after a few seconds.. then reopens... repeat indefinitely. Will try the media creation tool.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Lol so right off the bat I notice that the top 5 or so pixels of the start menu are flickering 9_9

Is this the update?
It's been downloading for like 10 mins already.

w10.JPG

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Well I've no idea what I did but finally the upgrade tool is working :D

Nice! That is exactly how mine went :D

Nice to see UWP Apps are still a broken mess.

Pity, I quite liked the Netflix app.

11 minutes ago, MrCthuntoo said:

Cortana for Android is unavailable in the UK so can't link my phone to my PC, oh Microsoft.

Just set everything to United States, and it should be working.

14 minutes ago, MrCthuntoo said:

Nice to see UWP Apps are still a broken mess.

Pity, I quite liked the Netflix app.

huh?

You mean they crash?

Just now, GoodBytes said:

huh?

You mean they crash?

Messenger does all the time now for me. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

huh?

You mean they crash?

Domain Controller shutting off those options does not work anymore =/

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

What da fuq is with the horrible Scan With Windows Defender icon on the context menu? Its given me eye cancer.

Other than that smooth sailing for me, now its time to play.

13 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

What da fuq is with the horrible Scan With Windows Defender icon on the context menu? Its given me eye cancer.

Other than that smooth sailing for me, now its time to play.

HAHA! Yea. I posted that it was ugly.. but I just hide the notification (under the "up arrow" menu).

It sucks that you can't remove the icon though...well, at least not in the Settings panel, is what I mean, like you can with network icon and the rest.

On 31/07/2016 at 6:40 AM, GoodBytes said:
  • New Start Menu
    The Start menu has had a rework done.
    The new start menu shows the “All apps” list directly as you open it now. On the left side, you can notice that folders and options such as the account button (to sign out, or change account settings) and power button, are located there. Clicking on the hamburger menu (as with other new Win10 apps) will show the item text if you don’t know what it is.

startmenu.pngant0 .

Ew. Can you put this back to how it was before? I haven't used the start menu like this since XP.

13 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

Ew. Can you put this back to how it was before? I haven't used the start menu like this since XP.

No. Sorry.

The anniversary update completely borked my Win 10 OS. The screen was flickering every 5 seconds or so on boot up, and it kept resetting to the login screen. Also, when I'd login at the login screen, the desktop background would be mostly obscured by a green mess, and some error messages about various apps and services would pop up, and within 10 - 15 seconds, the screen would revert to the login screen.

I tried some things, that didn't change anything, and then eventually reverted to the previous build, using the boot loader. Thankfully, that worked to restore my Win 10 as it was before the update was installed. However, now I have a problem, in that I can't update without ruining my Win 10 OS, though MS will eventually try to force my PC to update. It's as if, after disregarding people's own say over their PC systems and updating, that Microsoft is now turning people's own PC systems into its hostages.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987