Xbox One summer update

Smile
5 hours ago, Shakaza said:

No, they think so because those like you treat others whose preferences don't align with yours like they are lesser beings and not worthy of your respect.

Let me tell you something. It's not being lazy or unreasonable to not want to learn to use a new platform. You might think so, but considering where your loyalties lie, your opinion isn't exactly unbiased, is it?

Also, your cousin might be somewhat unwilling to accept your views right of the bat because of your know-it-all attitude. "Oh, PC gaming is objectively better in every single way, and anyone who thinks otherwise or games on a console is an idiot plebeian. Let me preach to you the wondrous ways of the true path, pathetic whelp. You need guidance." You basically called him an idiot, and it's kind of a slap in the face to everything he knows from being in the console ecosystem for so long. Oh, and let me guess, you're just gonna say, "Yeah, so what? He just has to accept the facts." But, don't a lot of PC advocates have the same reaction when people talk about even one benefit of Macs over PCs? Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but I recall you having the reaction in the past.

But, don't let me keep you from your little circlejerk. I'm sure you enjoy reveling in your perception of superiority.

If you feel like going all self-righteous on me, don't bother. I have no interest in engaging in an argument with you. Messages like this tend to lose their meaning and impact muddled amongst the pages of useless blabbering. I don't want to say my position is the only right one; I only wish to introduce a different perspective. Back to lurking!

exactly this. 

12 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

aim with one stick move with the other, that does not seem that bad.

That seems terrible to me. Moving a cursor with a stick would suck. Trying to land the skill shots and point and clicks each champ has on a mix of allies and enemies would be impossible for stuff like lol and dota2. Add in items and summoner spells (for lol) and that's too much for a slow stick controller cursor to handle with any accuracy.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

11 hours ago, spaceface said:

SMITE is on consoles but i have no idea how the controls are.

I've only played lol and Heros of the Storm and while I don't think it's possible to play lol with a controller and beat beginner bots Heroes of the Storm may work reasonably well with a controller.

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

1 hour ago, Bensemus said:

That seems terrible to me. Moving a cursor with a stick would suck. Trying to land the skill shots and point and clicks each champ has on a mix of allies and enemies would be impossible for stuff like lol and dota2. Add in items and summoner spells (for lol) and that's too much for a slow stick controller cursor to handle with any accuracy.

well I was think that it wouldn't have a cursor. it should play like any other twin stick shooter. I think diablo 3 has it set up like this. I can see LOL adapting very well with a controller, just a few champ skills would need to be reworked around the control scheme. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

31 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

well I was think that it wouldn't have a cursor. it should play like any other twin stick shooter. I think diablo 3 has it set up like this. I can see LOL adapting very well with a controller, just a few champ skills would need to be reworked around the control scheme. 

Diablo isn't nearly as fast past as lol though and I don't really see how you could play it without a cursor. Any point and click skill in a team fight is going to be extremely hard to aim. last hitting minions will be quite hard as well. Any globals where you are at one end and need to quickly look at the other end of the map to aim it will be challenging to use. 

I'm not saying it can't be done I just think the game would be too frustrating to play with the inaccuracy of a controller.

laptop

10 minutes ago, Bensemus said:

Diablo isn't nearly as fast past as lol though and I don't really see how you could play it without a cursor. Any point and click skill in a team fight is going to be extremely hard to aim. last hitting minions will be quite hard as well. Any globals where you are at one end and need to quickly look at the other end of the map to aim it will be challenging to use. 

I'm not saying it can't be done I just think the game would be too frustrating to play with the inaccuracy of a controller.

I think a MOBA can work but the gameplay needs to work around the control scheme. I dont think LOL is port able but I do think you could make a MOBA for consoles

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

10 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

I think a MOBA can work but the gameplay needs to work around the control scheme. I dont think LOL is port able but I do think you could make a MOBA for consoles

Smite is already on the consoles but it's a first person moba and works quite differently to lol and dota2. I was talking about lol only cuz it was mentioned in the op

laptop

20 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

No, it's being lazy. Like I said, everything would be 100% setup for him.

Why do you care about your cousin's gaming preferences so much? It's not being lazy, its being judicious with your time/energy.

You need to grow up, lose the narcissism, and realize that your personal preferences aren't "better" than someone else's. Not to mention that people aren't going to want to have to rely on you for maintaining shit that they own, because they don't have the knowledge necessary on their own.

22 hours ago, Shakaza said:

No, they think so because those like you treat others whose preferences don't align with yours like they are lesser beings and not worthy of your respect.

Let me tell you something. It's not being lazy or unreasonable to not want to learn to use a new platform. You might think so, but considering where your loyalties lie, your opinion isn't exactly unbiased, is it?

Also, your cousin might be somewhat unwilling to accept your views right of the bat because of your know-it-all attitude. "Oh, PC gaming is objectively better in every single way, and anyone who thinks otherwise or games on a console is an idiot plebeian. Let me preach to you the wondrous ways of the true path, pathetic whelp. You need guidance." You basically called him an idiot, and it's kind of a slap in the face to everything he knows from being in the console ecosystem for so long. Oh, and let me guess, you're just gonna say, "Yeah, so what? He just has to accept the facts." But, don't a lot of PC advocates have the same reaction when people talk about even one benefit of Macs over PCs? Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but I recall you having the reaction in the past.

But, don't let me keep you from your little circlejerk. I'm sure you enjoy reveling in your perception of superiority.

If you feel like going all self-righteous on me, don't bother. I have no interest in engaging in an argument with you. Messages like this tend to lose their meaning and impact muddled amongst the pages of useless blabbering. I don't want to say my position is the only right one; I only wish to introduce a different perspective. Back to lurking!

I do appreciate your well thought out response and well constructed criticism, yes I am being a bit of an ass in this post but let me follow-up and I will try to state what I am trying to say in a bit of a nicer way.

Others preferences do not affect me at all, I may not a gree with the people who circle jerk around Asus motherboards or say how Corsair is one of their favorite companies but I see their side and understand.

Let me further explain laziness, if you knew him, this would be much easier to elaborate upon but going to give it a shot. It's not that he isn't willing to learn how to use a PC, it is that he isn't willing to learn anything at all. He can learn stuff, just won't do it. Trying not to sound mean so will basically say that he is the type of person who doesn't do my research and will take the first suggestion given to him. He wants Beats, Why? Because he sees famous people using them. He has an iPhone, not because he likes iOS, not because he hates Android, because he won't see what anything else is like. ( though at the time, he is getting a galaxy as his next phone since I finally convinced him to give it a shot ). Thing is, I've played console games, a lot of them. A ton of the original nintendo consoles, a PS2 resulting in a lot of PS1 games, an original Xbox, PS3, PS4 and a bit of Xbox one. My opinion isn't so unbiased as some think. 

Yes, I do have a bit of a now-it-all attitude, not on here as I know I am pretty much just an average person on here but when it comes to your average person outside of tech communities, they become pretty blatant and ignore most of what you say. I guess I am not saying the word idiot in the correct use but it is one of the words I use that aren't particular nice but I don't mean it in a harmful way.

Also, No that probably wasn't me who h\had this attitude in a Mac VS PC argument, as I tend to more or less argue with people over nVidia's practices along with most other companies.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:01 PM, Bensemus said:

How do you play mobas with a controller? Aiming any skill shot seems basically impossible. Add on to that moving and dodging. Or did I read this wrong and no mobas are coming to Xbox, just chat.

Ummmm Smite is a thing on Xbox. But of course PC Master Race are too important to play such measly games :)

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Ummmm Smite is a thing on Xbox. But of course PC Master Race are too important to play such measly games :)

Smite is a first person moba and works quite differently to lol, dota2, and Heros. If you had read the rest of my comments you would of seen I'd already addressed Smite and you would of understood I was talking about the problems with controlling a cursor with a controller and trying for accuracy. Something you would have to do to play the current iterations of lol, dota2 and to a lesser extent Heros. I have no problem with the games being on console. I just think they would be very frustrating to play.

laptop

1 minute ago, Bensemus said:

Smite is a first person moba and works quite differently to lol, dota2, and Heros. If you had read the rest of my comments you would of seen I'd already addressed Smite and you would of understood I was talking about the problems with controlling a cursor with a controller and trying for accuracy. Something you would have to do to play the current iterations of lol, dota2 and to a lesser extent Heros. I have no problem with the games being on console. I just think they would be very frustrating to play.

There's the Elite Controller for more accuracy.

But in the future they're going to add keyboard and mouse support.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

There's the Elite Controller for more accuracy.

But in the future they're going to add keyboard and mouse support.

Anything stick based will suffer quite a bit though. Kb/m support will be needed. Even then I personally wouldn't want to play mobas sitting that far from the screen.

laptop

On 7/31/2016 at 0:51 AM, huilun02 said:

Cross platform CSGO pls

This. Let us shit on console players please!

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

On the subject of Xbone, as a person who has always gamed on pcs (didn't have any consoles as a kid), I'm quite enjoying playing some games on console, and the simplicity involved. There are some really amazing games that have really blown my mind, a lot more than most games on pc lately. For Example the Last Of US Remastered on ps4, rise of the tombraider on xbone , and forza 6 on xbone. The UI on the Xbox i find a bit bloated, but on the other had the UI on the PS4 I find to be too Spartan. Will defintely pick up a One S and either sell my current One, or use it as a backup