should I worry

VerbalEmissions

I installed 2 new fans in my case totaling 3. When i go into bios 2 fans speed are monitores steady at around 1100 rpm but the third one reads all over the place from 1100 up to max which says something like 65000000 or whatever. is this something to worry about. i dont care about the readings much just wanna make sure it not a problem or gonna short anything etc...

I don't think its going to make a difference, but u might want to get other conformations too cause I'm not an expert with the bios and fan speeds.

41 minutes ago, VerbalEmissions said:

I installed 2 new fans in my case totaling 3. When i go into bios 2 fans speed are monitores steady at around 1100 rpm but the third one reads all over the place from 1100 up to max which says something like 65000000 or whatever. is this something to worry about. i dont care about the readings much just wanna make sure it not a problem or gonna short anything etc...

Now, I had an issue similar to this on an asus z-170e board. My problem was that I was trying to install a 2 amp server fan into my machine which I guess is wayyyy higher than any regular case fan. Mine would spin for a bit then die. Is yours doing the same? And is this fan any different from your other fans?

6 hours ago, ghssovereign said:

Now, I had an issue similar to this on an asus z-170e board. My problem was that I was trying to install a 2 amp server fan into my machine which I guess is wayyyy higher than any regular case fan. Mine would spin for a bit then die. Is yours doing the same? And is this fan any different from your other fans?

no it is the same fan as the others and the other 2 are fine. it def does not die like it keeps running all the time its just when i look at the speed in the monitor section of bios the other 2 are steady around 900-1100 but this one fan hooked up to channel 3 is just all over the place. the speed of the fan look consistant to me just the reading is weird?

1 hour ago, VerbalEmissions said:

no it is the same fan as the others and the other 2 are fine. it def does not die like it keeps running all the time its just when i look at the speed in the monitor section of bios the other 2 are steady around 900-1100 but this one fan hooked up to channel 3 is just all over the place. the speed of the fan look consistant to me just the reading is weird?

Is it giving same thing on software and BIOS? And have you tried one of working fans on that header? I' pretty sure its either sensor error or bug in BIOS. Former is something you have to deal with, latter you can try to fix by updating BIOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Is it giving same thing on software and BIOS? And have you tried one of working fans on that header? I' pretty sure its either sensor error or bug in BIOS. Former is something you have to deal with, latter you can try to fix by updating BIOS.

i took a video so you can see what i mean but it wont let me load it

20 minutes ago, VerbalEmissions said:

i took a video so you can see what i mean but it wont let me load it

You can upload it to youtube and link it here.

If the fan is still pushing air, isn't too loud, and the only issue if the reading, don't worry about it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You can upload it to youtube and link it here.

If the fan is still pushing air, isn't too loud, and the only issue if the reading, don't worry about it.

okay that is pretty much exactly the case. just wanted to check it out if it was bad...thanks