Titan XP price might be justified

App4that

People complain about the lack of competition from AMD and jacked up prices from Nvidia when you have people buying cut down chip for 1200$ lol XD. No wonder prices are gonna keep going up. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

4 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

People complain about the lack of competition from AMD and jacked up prices from Nvidia when you have people buying cut down chip for 1200$ lol XD. No wonder prices are gonna keep going up. 

So what should people do, not have the performance they need? 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, App4that said:

So what should people do, not have the performance they need? 

By all means if you need it buy it buy it but when it preforms only 20-40% above the second most overpriced card Nvidia has and you have to pay 600$,  extra give me a break. All I know is that it starts with the consumer and when you have people paying double what they should don't expect any price cuts soon. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

6 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

By all means if you need it buy it buy it but when it preforms only 20-40% above the second most overpriced card Nvidia has and you have to pay 600$,  extra give me a break. All I know is that it starts with the consumer and when you have people paying double what they should don't expect any price cuts soon. 

Without any real alternatives out there right now, that's gonna happen... people will pay what's asked, as the demand is high... and the supply is low.

Economics...

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

7 hours ago, 3DOSH said:

You haven't offer a solution, you're just complaining about a problem. The Titan X is the least expensive option in its performance bracket, that's a fact. So if you need the performance, that's what you pay. And when viewed in comparison to performance parts for other hobbies like power sports it's still cheap by that comparison. 

So you haven't explained why you're compaining, you've just complained. 

31 minutes ago, App4that said:

You haven't offer a solution, you're just complaining about a problem. The Titan X is the least expensive option in its performance bracket, that's a fact. So if you need the performance, that's what you pay. And when viewed in comparison to performance parts for other hobbies like power sports it's still cheap by that comparison. 

Why do I need to offer solution,  my point was to complain in the first place since Nvidia throws scraps at the consumer with shit cooler on top of it and prices it at 1200$ and you guys keep buying it effectively screwing the high end segment and keep Nvidia have its way with the market . 

10 minutes ago, App4that said:

This is no different than high performance parts in any other enthusiast hobby or sport.  The Titan X, as all Titans have been, is aimed towards the folks that are willing to pay the extra premium for the best of the best.  It wasn't priced for the guy who expects a linear price to performance scaling.  For anyone with that expectation, prepare for far more important disappointments later on in life.

5 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Why do I need to offer solution,  my point was to complain in the first place since Nvidia throws scraps at the consumer with shit cooler on top of it and prices it at 1200$ and you guys keep buying it effectively screwing the high end segment and keep Nvidia have its way with the market . 

Very few people are going to keep the stock cooler, Nvidia knows this. 

Answer the question. What are we supposed to do? Not work? Not game using our high end monitors? Or should we pay more for the other options?

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

Very few people are going to keep the stock cooler, Nvidia knows this. 

Answer the question. What are we supposed to do? Not work? Not game using our high end monitors? Or should we pay more for the other options?

The funny thing is, the more crying I see about the Titan X's pricing, the more I want to grab a pair of them.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

The funny thing is, the more crying I see about the Titan X's pricing, the more I want to grab a pair of them.

I know the feeling. It's funny that the Titan XP is the budget option for me. Saves me over 100 bucks. And people are complaining about the price xD 

8 minutes ago, App4that said:

I know the feeling. It's funny that the Titan XP is the budget option for me. Saves me over 100 bucks. And people are complaining about the price xD 

Makes complete sense to me.  I have just over $1800 into my 1080 SLI with waterblocks and backplates.  With one Titan, you'll only need one block and backplate.  It's cheaper than the SLI as you continue to upgrade the cooling.

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

Makes complete sense to me.  I have just over $1800 into my 1080 SLI with waterblocks and backplates.  With one Titan, you'll only need one block and backplate.  It's cheaper than the SLI as you continue to upgrade the cooling.

FINALLY! Someone did a comparison we need. The Titan XP verses the 1080 SLI. Sooo, good thing I found that SLI bridge I had stored away xD 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

FINALLY! Someone did a comparison we need. The Titan XP verses the 1080 SLI. Sooo, good thing I found that SLI bridge I had stored away xD 

Yep.  I wish he would have done an apples to apples with regards to overclocks, but something is better than nothing.  I'd rather see a 1080 SLI stock speed vs a Titan X stock speed or overclock both setups. 

Just now, done12many2 said:

Yep.  I wish he would have done an apples to apples with regards to overclocks, but something is better than nothing.  I'd rather see a 1080 SLI stock speed vs a Titan X stock speed or overclock both setups. 

But the Titan XP overclocked can't catch the SLI set up stock. And not by a little ether. If Jay comes back with more that's it. I'm getting the 1080s.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

But the Titan XP overclocked can't catch the SLI set up stock. And not by a little ether. If Jay comes back with more that's it. I'm getting the 1080s.

Agreed, but it makes you wonder how it would have looked with a pair of 1080s running at 2100+ MHz.  :D  Run them both stock or overclock them both.  Even better, show both stock and overclock performance in one video!

Just now, done12many2 said:

Agreed, but it makes you wonder how it would have looked with a pair of 1080s running at 2100+ MHz.  :D  Run them both stock or overclock them both.  Even better, show both stock and overclock performance in one video!

Makes me wonder what 1070s would look like. Hmmm. I may have been wrong about the Titan XP being faster than 1070s.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Makes me wonder what 1070s would look like. Hmmm. I may have been wrong about the Titan XP being faster than 1070s.

The guys over on the other overclocking forum are already posting Time Spy results.  

As it stands right now, initial Titan X SLI overclocks (2050 MHz) are roughly 14% higher in graphics scores than my GTX 1080 SLI overclock (2100+).  Obviously that percentage will increase when and if they can get that clock rate higher.