Cheaper alternative to mixamp?

かあびぃ

Hey, sorry for a awful title. My issue is that i'm looking for a headphones + modmic/boompro combo, but i really hate the wiring part since my pc is a bit far away, and the cables have to pass my monitor to reach me. The easiest way is to just get an extremely long cable, but that'll be annoying, and the expensive solution is to get a Mixamp, however, i was wondering if there was a cheaper alternative to the Astro mixamp.

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

Well, you could get an SMSL SD793-II for the headphone amp, and you could also get an extension cable, and glue/zip tie it to the SMSL for the mic. That would be a pretty easy solution. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

10 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Well, you could get an SMSL SD793-II for the headphone amp, and you could also get an extension cable, and glue/zip tie it to the SMSL for the mic. That would be a pretty easy solution. 

Seems like its a bit complicated compared to the astro mixamp

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

4 hours ago, かあびぃ said:

Seems like its a bit complicated compared to the astro mixamp

You asked for a cheaper alternative. I gave you one that would save you $40 to $50. If you're not willing to put the effort in, then just get a mixamp.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)