Static pressure vs airflow for exhaust

ivan134

Does it matter which I use for exhaust? I'm using the stock fan which came with my case which is a static pressure fan and I have a feeling it's not good enough in expelling the trapped heat. Should I bother switching to this fan?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835352021&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

The GP12, which is my stock fan, measure 52.3 CFM while the HF12 measure 83.4 CFM. Would I be wasting my time switching?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

59 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Does it matter which I use for exhaust? I'm using the stock fan which came with my case which is a static pressure fan and I have a feeling it's not good enough in expelling the trapped heat. Should I bother switching to this fan?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835352021&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

The GP12, which is my stock fan, measure 52.3 CFM while the HF12 measure 83.4 CFM. Would I be wasting my time switching?

Get the HP fans because HF can't even push air through dust filter

Well for exhaust it's a good idea to use high cfm so whether it would be worth it or not depends on your current thermals in your case, as for those fans in particular I don't know how good they are or not.

1 minute ago, FilipSebik said:

Get the HP fans because HF can't even push air through dust filter

It's exhaust there shouldn't be a filter, not that I'm endorsing these fans

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

A high flow fan would do much better as an exhaust fan.

Will the difference be massive? No. It's a fan.

It'd run quieter and probably cooler though.

High flow for exhaust. BUT at the end of the day, one for intake and one for exhaust is all you need, and pressure vs flow probably won't make more than 1 or 2 degrees difference.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

On 7/29/2016 at 1:15 PM, FilipSebik said:

HF can't even push air through dust filter

Simply not true.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

58 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Simply not true.

Mine push like half of the air they are supposed to with 9v adapter through define S front and down filter

1 minute ago, FilipSebik said:

Mine push like half of the air they are supposed to with 9v adapter through define S front and down filter

Yes, restrictions will lower the airflow of just about any fan but the fan doesn't just stop providing airflow. Dust filters pretty normally halve airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, restrictions will lower the airflow of just about any fan but the fan doesn't just stop providing airflow. Dust filters pretty normally halve airflow.

Yeah. but HP provide better airflow at 9V when they hare filtered