Wireless Headphones for College 200$

xCaleb

I would like to buy some nice headphones for college, they would need to be noise cancelling and wireless.  The best headphones would be the Bose QuietComfort 35 but they are about 150 dollars out of my price range.  I was wondering what you guys would recommend?

Well, noise cancellation is expensive, and wireless is expensive. Pick one or the other if you can't get the QC35. Keep in mind that no one does ANC better than bose by a long shot.

19 minutes ago, SSL said:

Well, noise cancellation is expensive, and wireless is expensive. Pick one or the other if you can't get the QC35. Keep in mind that no one does ANC better than bose by a long shot.

Yea it's depressing how far ahead BOSE is with that stuff over everyone else. Lets them charge insane amounts for their devices.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

13 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Yea it's depressing how far ahead BOSE is with that stuff over everyone else. Lets them charge insane amounts for their devices.

You call them insane but the price is just alright for me. There's a demand for it and people are willing to pay a lot for a piece of technology that they want but not necessarily need

2 minutes ago, xtroria said:

You call them insane but the price is just alright for me. There's a demand for it and people are willing to pay a lot for a piece of technology that they want but not necessarily need

Yes and by that metric calling a Titan Z for 3K insane is somehow also invalid.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

8 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Yes and by that metric calling a Titan Z for 3K insane is somehow also invalid.

There are people who would pay that amount because they need certain technology from it or just because they have the money for it.

Audio isn't GPU or CPU where you measure hard numbers per dollar.

Honestly, for you to use 980Ti and yet use HD558 for headphone makes you less qualified to talk about which audio product is worth the money or not

14 hours ago, xtroria said:

There are people who would pay that amount because they need certain technology from it or just because they have the money for it.

Audio isn't GPU or CPU where you measure hard numbers per dollar.

Honestly, for you to use 980Ti and yet use HD558 for headphone makes you less qualified to talk about which audio product is worth the money or not

You say that and yet there are hard numbers that describe audio responses and noise cancelation properties. 

Honestly not sure what amount of money on GPU's and audio sets are in your view a worthy trade off or somehow make someone qualified or disqualified to talk about it. 

I merely remind you that games in many situations true fidelity is discouraged for enhanced situational awareness. Not that I particularly care that way. 

Oh and finally. I'd totally agree if someone called running 980ti sli insane. I'd agree if they called full custom watercooling insane. I'd also consider the prices bose charges for their audio devices insane. 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

23 hours ago, xCaleb said:

I would like to buy some nice headphones for college, they would need to be noise cancelling and wireless.  The best headphones would be the Bose QuietComfort 35 but they are about 150 dollars out of my price range.  I was wondering what you guys would recommend?

My question would just be, why do you NEED ANC? I get the strong desire for wireless headphones (although I don't think it's ever actually necessary) but ANC is something that 90% of people don't actually need. ANC is really only useful if you're literally going to be riding a train or plane almost every day. Since you said that these headphones are going to be for college, I seriously doubt that you're going to be doing that all that often, besides perhaps heading home. If that's the case, you should really just get a pair of headphones that have good isolation, and make sure they're wireless. That will be a much easier pill to swallow, not to mention you'll have far better sound quality, and likely build quality in general since you won't be paying the huge price premium of ANC.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

You say that and yet there are hard numbers that describe audio responses and noise cancelation properties. 

Honestly not sure what amount of money on GPU's and audio sets are in your view a worthy trade off or somehow make someone qualified or disqualified to talk about it. 

I merely remind you that games in many situations true fidelity is discouraged for enhanced situational awareness. Not that I particularly care that way. 

Oh and finally. I'd totally agree if someone called running 980ti sli insane. I'd agree if they called full custom watercooling insane. I'd also consider the prices bose charges for their audio devices insane. 

There are facts and figures that describe the headphones. But it doesn't say the value. It depends on what each person wants.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I merely remind you that games in many situations true fidelity is discouraged for enhanced situational awareness. 

Where does a lack of true fidelity increase situational awareness? I've listened to, and owned $1,000 in ears. Those things certainly didn't lack any kind of fidelity, and I'll tell you this: Those had the most accurate situational awareness of any headphone or earbud that I've ever listened to while gaming, with the only possible exception being the Sennheiser HD800, which a friend let me borrow for a number of weeks.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)