Corsair RM 750x vs 750i

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,
Just now, THELOU101 said:

@STRMfrmXMN Does the ability to switch rail operation offer any advantage?, or better said in what scenario is it useful? 

If you want to switch from multi-rail to single-rail (not necessary at all with today's components which all draw from a single 12V rail just fine) and multi-rail is minutely better for high draw systems (750W is high draw but you're likely not drawing anywhere near that unless you have 780tis in SLI or similar, but it's not the end of the world by any means to have a single rail. 

The Fluid Dynamic fan costs more to implement than the rifle bearing fan in the RMx which is the reason I would get the RMi.

Hey guys,

I had a Cooler Master V750 SM PSU, which I had to RMA due to it not starting, the company I had bought it from informed me that its out of stock. They offered me a 100$ voucher, which I'm opting to spend either on the RM750i for 140$, or on the RM750x for 120$. Is the difference in price worth it, I have seen that the RM750x has a bit higher efficiency curve that the RM750i but the RM750i has the corsair link software and on the PSU tier list its a tier one psu while the RM750x is a tier 3 psu.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

1 minute ago, THELOU101 said:

Hey guys,

I had a Cooler Master V750 SM PSU, which I had to RMA due to it not starting, the company I had bought it from informed me that its out of stock. They offered me a 100$ voucher, which I'm opting to spend either on the RM750i for 140$, or on the RM750x for 120$. Is the difference in price worth it, I have seen that the RM750x has a bit higher efficiency curve that the RM750i but the RM750i has the corsair link software and on the PSU tier list its a tier one psu while the RM750x is a tier 3 psu.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

They are both as efficient as one another in real world scenarios. The RMx is a single rail design that has a rifle bearing fan while the RMi has a fluid dynamic bearing fan and the ability to switch rail operations in Corsair Link. I'd recommend the RMi for the fan alone.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

@STRMfrmXMN Does the ability to switch rail operation offer any advantage?, or better said in what scenario is it useful? 

Just now, THELOU101 said:

If you want to switch from multi-rail to single-rail (not necessary at all with today's components which all draw from a single 12V rail just fine) and multi-rail is minutely better for high draw systems (750W is high draw but you're likely not drawing anywhere near that unless you have 780tis in SLI or similar, but it's not the end of the world by any means to have a single rail. 

The Fluid Dynamic fan costs more to implement than the rifle bearing fan in the RMx which is the reason I would get the RMi.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

6 minutes ago, THELOU101 said:

@STRMfrmXMN Thanks for the help, the 750i it is:)

No problem. Enjoy your PSU!