Info on IP Phones? (VoIP)

Due some recent events concerning my house I have to redo my networking and I thought, hey why not 'fix' or more like actually have a phone system, cause atm I only have a super old and basic corded phone plugged directly into my one and only remaining socket.

Since my Ethernet network is being overhauled (90% completed) with new cabling 'n switches and going into just about every room. Perfect for an IP Phone system, right?

Here's the thing though, I have no experience with VoIP, Basically as I understand, all I need is an ATA which connects the IP network to the PSTN and then I can setup IP phones with a static IP or DHCP and there may need to be a controller of some sort in there somewhere.

Also anyone know about what is possible with Telstra and a fiber connection since the phone line would be coming through that. This is where I'm really lost as I don't have any real knowledge about VoIP in particular.

So am I on the right track here?

Also if you girls/guys can recommend any products that would be awesome.

I thank everyone for helping me out here.

-アパゾ

Most IP phones are POE and you will need power if not. You would set each phone to a static IP if you are doing multiple or single phones. 

Another thing is why would you want to do IP phones for a house? Its mostly just used for companies 

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY

1 minute ago, melchiorvester said:

Most IP phones are POE and you will need power if not. You would set each phone to a static IP if you are doing multiple or single phones. 

Another thing is why would you want to do IP phones for a house? Its mostly just used for companies 

Mainly because there are no operational phone lines throughout the house, only one jack which comes in from the street with the coax.

Since I'm installing new ethernet cable already, why not use it for phones as well.

The other reason is so I can get real world experience with the tech.

-アパゾ

On 7/28/2016 at 0:35 PM, APasz said:

Mainly because there are no operational phone lines throughout the house, only one jack which comes in from the street with the coax.

Since I'm installing new ethernet cable already, why not use it for phones as well.

The other reason is so I can get real world experience with the tech.

Oh okay then. Well the ones I use at work at Mitel 5320e IP Phones, I'm sure will work and you could probably get some from eBay so you don't pay for brand new ones 

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY