[WIP] Project Cube

Hi all,

a couple of years ago i posted my previous build on this forum and back then it was a joy to share.
this made me decide to post this build log again. It will be a project that will keep me busy in the next weeks / months.
This project will be done in two parts. First thing is to get all the parts and building this pc, after that i will save some money
and start building a custom water cooling for this.
The purpose of this build is gaming in 1440P and i think i managed a nice balanced build for this. Also i just like to tinker around so
expect some modding of parts and case.
I know not all parts r good price / performance but sometimes you just go for esthetics.
Parts to be used:

Case: Fractal Design Node 804
PSU: Cooler Master V650
MB: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Gene
CPU: Intel Core I5-6600K
Mem: Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB 2666 (this wil be replaced with Avexir Blitz LED mem)
GPU: 2 x ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
Storage: Kingston HyperX Savage 120GB SSD Bootdrive + Kingston HyperX Savage 480GB SSD gamedrive
Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 with Noctua NF-F12 fans and Corsair AF120 LED case fans ... later on this will be replaced with custom liquid cooling
Monitor: Asus VX24AH LED

Here we go:

So first parts have arrived (don't mind the case in the background it's and old Coolermaster N200 and will not be used)

krB2jl.jpg

i know i know, another build with red and black ... but gonna focus a bit more on the silver / titanium parts to. So color theme will be
Black / Red / Silver

6Uzose.jpg

Starting a test build to see if it posts

c8teZT.jpg

Don't mind the CPU cooler and GPU, this is just for posting and testing (don't have all the parts yet)

GJDo4R.jpg

That joyfull feeling when everything works like a charm (haha yes that is a TV and not a monitor, didn't wanna go through all the trouble of getting my monitor downstairs)

du77SK.jpg

that's it for the first pictures.
this will be a log me building my pc and planning. any input from you guy's is always appreciated.
c you next time.

well i can post my first update :-p The moment i pressed submit topic the doorbell ringed and this arrived:

erBYGv.jpg

This looks super sick! Following!

I do however think that CPU is a bottleneck to your GPU's if I'm not totally off..?

15 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

This looks super sick! Following!

I do however think that CPU is a bottleneck to your GPU's if I'm not totally off..?

it could be not to sure about it, but don't think it will be much tbh. It could very well be that you get a bit more FPS in games by going with an I7 but i don't think
an I5 will limit the power of a GTX 1070.

Christmas in the summer :-)
some more peaces of the puzzle arrived today.
time to start building
LXs9zH.jpg

First thing i noticed while inspecting my new case was the blue power LED. Not going to fit the scheme i planned out so thats the first thing that needs
to change.

doZJgI.jpg

Took out the case LED, time for some soldering

apx9XM.jpg

and done ... :-) much better

X6CijL.jpg

now it's time to start building this thing.

until next time!!!