Would 1070 work good on asus sabertooth 990fx

Would 1070 work good on asus sabertooth 990fx ? or should i consider a lga 1151 socket mother board and get an i5? my motherboard budget would be between 80 to 100 USD.

motherboard won't be the problem,what cpu?

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

I got the FX 8350 running at 4.3 Ghz

Just now, sw3rvz said:

Long story short, don't go above an R9 285/380/380X/GTX 960 with that CPU. It can not handle high end graphics cards (pretty much R9 290/R9 390/GTX 970 and up).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, sw3rvz said:

Holy CPU bottlenecks Batman! Time to get an Intel CPU if you're considering GPU that's at least on par with a Titan X.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

get a intel CPU or wait for zen

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

12 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

on par with a Titan X.

Do you mean a Titan X or a Titan X? I assume Titan X but could be Titan X, you should clarify. ᵂʰʸ ᴺᵛᶦᵈᶦᵃ﹖ ᴶᵘˢᵗ ʷʰʸ﹖

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Just now, Spork829 said:

Do you mean a Titan X or a Titan X? I assume Titan X but could be Titan X, you should clarify. ᵂʰʸ ᴺᵛᶦᵈᶦᵃ﹖ ᴶᵘˢᵗ ʷʰʸ﹖

Both are valid, but the Titan XP[ascal] doesn't really apply as I don't think the 1070 will necessarily be on par with the Titan XP[ascal].

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Both are valid, but the Titan XP[ascal] doesn't really apply as I don't think the 1070 will necessarily be on par with the Titan XP[ascal].

It was a joke :P, because what better way to get people to fix their naming schemes than to poke fun at them on the internet?....

2 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

It was a joke :P, because what better way to get people to fix their naming schemes than to poke fun at them on the internet?....

It's a terrible scheme, no joking about that. As to why they chose "Titan X" a second time, I have no idea. But the Internet may adopt "Titan XP" for the name - it'll become the defacto name for it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It's a terrible scheme, no joking about that. As to why they chose "Titan X" a second time, I have no idea. But the Internet may adopt "Titan XP" for the name - it'll become the defacto name for it.

I sure hope so, I'll certainly be calling it the XP :D